7 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King $3,175,000/$368,347,000

8 Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights $2,850,000/$10,040,000

9 Miracle $2,600,000/$59,900,000

10 Monster $2,250,318/$30,080,657

11 Mystic River $2,060,000/$85,262,000

12 Barbershop 2: Back in Business $1,750,000/$59,953,000

----------------

Jesus wins again.

Sandler has another $100+ million movie.

Return of The King jumped up 4 spots, I imagine cause of Oscar buzz.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if Passion beat Titanics record world wide.

It hasn't even been released world-wide yet; and it will make tons of money there too.

Guest cpac

You haven't seen one commercial for Hidalgo? What rock have you been living underneath. I have seen a ton of commercials for the movie. Plus they have been pimping that movie in previews in the movie theater since last summer. At least last may. I am just suprised it took the movie so long to come out.

This weekend was freaking HUGE for the area where I live. Almost all showings of Hidalgo and Passion were sold out, and S&H did huge here also.

I don't think I have ever seen as many people at the movies in my area ever as I did this weekend.

Get ready for the flow of religious movies by the way, they are coming. Passion WILL beat ROTK, and it's going to be the first film to have a really good chance of beating Titanic yet.

All of this, after it almost wasn't even released.

Hollywood will be begging Mel to get on board with them to do another one like this, and I promise you he'll say no to almost all of them. He has no reason at all to do it with anyone else after Passion.

The top 5 movies did over a 100 million dollars, combined, for this weekend - that's pretty goddamn good for the first weekend in March.

I'm actually pretty shocked that Passion has earned over 200 million already. I thought it'd do well, but over 200 million within a week and a half? Astounding. It'll make over 300 million EASY before it's all over and done with.

You haven't seen one commercial for Hidalgo? What rock have you been living underneath. I have seen a ton of commercials for the movie. Plus they have been pimping that movie in previews in the movie theater since last summer. At least last may. I am just suprised it took the movie so long to come out.

I don't really watch alot of tv, but I saw a shitload of Starsky and Hutch commercials and no Hidalgo. I've heard of the movie and no what it's about.

What was Miracle's budget?

$16 million

So $60 mil is a great number. Yes~! I can see Miracle staying in the 2-3 mil range for a few weeks longer, too.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Bah!

::Shakes Fist::

You stole my gimmick, lucky for you I was at the movies.

Glad to see Starsky & Hutch make a good amount of change, I knew it wouldn't knock off Jesus but $29 Million is a good number. When the final numbers come in tomorrow it should be more, at the showing I went to the place was packed to the top.