TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

NCAA Men's BBall Tourney DAY ONE!

OSU in the National Title game! They can take Kansas or Georgia Tech! They can take Duke to!

Now UConn is another story..........

I figure Kansas and Duke will win tomorrow.

The Title game will be Kansas vs UConn..

This is the best I've ever done at predicting the Tourney.

OSU in the National Title game! They can take Kansas or Georgia Tech! They can take Duke to!

Kansas won't beat OSU. Didn't OSU already take them out during the regular season anyways? In Lawrence nontheless.

Well anyone that says St. Joe's is overrated is crazy.

OSU is one of the best teams in the country and St. Joe's played them down to the wire. Not to mention all the top teams that St. Joe's beat on their way up here. They are a great team. The Xavier thing appears to be a fluke.

Guest Jimbo

Wow, what an amazing game that was.

I am so sad I won't get to see anymore of Nelson in the college ranks. him and that St. Joseph's team are one of a kind.

OSU is going to be an impossible out. If Kansas and Duke get in, we're gonna have a helluva Final 4.

Speaking of Kansas/G Tech-- that'll be another terrific game, and I've got a feeling Duke could be pushed to their limit as well.

This such a damn good tournement. I can't remember one as good as this.

Wrong.

The Final game will be Oklahoma St. vs UConn

With the Cowboys cutting down the nets.

Oh and go Duke tomorrow.

You really think OSU can beat UConn? I mean I'm all for OSU but UConn is good. I'll see how they perform against Duke.....or Xavier. Because well Xavier was playing some really good ball. And it's not like Texas was playing like shit either. Xavier beat a good team in Texas. Plus let's not forget the victory they had over St. Joe's in the A-10 Conference tourney. These guys are the real deal I think.

Guest Choken One

The best storyline final would have been St Joes Vs Xavier...

Now...It's all generic power teams with no personality...just another low rated Title game like last year.

Now...It's all generic power teams with no personality...just another low rated Title game like last year.

OSU has no personality!? OSU is a story in themselves. They have the Lucas story. They have Sutton....who is hall of fame coach btw. They have the fact that they were picked to finish like 7th in the Big XII conference and they end up winning the damn conference outright and then winning the tourney beating Texas for a 3rd time in the process. Not to mention the fact that they came from a supposed "weak" conference and that conference banged it up in the tourney and now may send 2 teams to the final four for the third time in 3 years. Don't say OSU doesn't have personality. This isn't wrestling where you hope for the best storyline possible. This is where you hope for the best teams to play one another. And that's what we're getting. I'll never understand the "Oh man. Why'd they go over!?" as if it's some kind of a freaking worked storyline.

You really think OSU can beat UConn? I mean I'm all for OSU but UConn is good. I'll see how they perform against Duke.....or Xavier. Because well Xavier was playing some really good ball. And it's not like Texas was playing like shit either. Xavier beat a good team in Texas. Plus let's not forget the victory they had over St. Joe's in the A-10 Conference tourney. These guys are the real deal I think.

UConn's a good team, but not unbeatable. Okie St. can definetley beat them. Great guard play, nice inside game, and the best defensive team in the tourney.

I am ALLLLLLLL about UConn, but I could see Kansas/Duke/G. Tech/Ok St./Xavier beating them. If Gordon isn't playing well, then any team will beat them. If Gordon is playing well, then they won't loose.

Fuck this Emeka shit. Yes, he is an amazing player and might have some Tim Duncan status in the NBA, but Gordon is the heart of UConn. I have watched them play ALLLLL season and anything can happen with UConn.

Basically, there isn't ANY team that is the favorite. I love that because that is why I love March Madness and I doubt that no one will disagree with me.

Guest Choken One

no teams the favorite?

Seems like everyone and their mother was picking UCONN before and DURING the tourny...

Guest Choken One

no teams the favorite?

Seems like everyone and their mother was picking UCONN before and DURING the tourny...

I'd much rather have Duke/UConn and Oklahoma St/GA Tech or Kansas has the two Final Four games.

I'm LOVING this tournament so far - so many great finishes over the past week.

I'll stick with UConn taking the championship, even though Oklahoma State played an amazing game tonight.

Guest Jimbo

OSU has no personality!? OSU is a story in themselves. They have the Lucas story. They have Sutton....who is hall of fame coach btw. They have the fact that they were picked to finish like 7th in the Big XII conference and they end up winning the damn conference outright and then winning the tourney beating Texas for a 3rd time in the process. Not to mention the fact that they came from a supposed "weak" conference and that conference banged it up in the tourney and now may send 2 teams to the final four for the third time in 3 years. Don't say OSU doesn't have personality. This isn't wrestling where you hope for the best storyline possible. This is where you hope for the best teams to play one another. And that's what we're getting. I'll never understand the "Oh man. Why'd they go over!?" as if it's some kind of a freaking worked storyline.

Oh shut up about Lucas and hsi father already. I've watched two games of OSU and I'm already sick of them. I get the Baylor bit, but go home John Lucas Sr.! You are on tv almost as much as your son during the games, and every pregame segment has your fat face plastered to it! Go the fuck home!

Oh shut up about Lucas and hsi father already. I've watched two games of OSU and I'm already sick of them. I get the Baylor bit, but go home John Lucas Sr.! You are on tv almost as much as your son during the games, and every pregame segment has your fat face plastered to it! Go the fuck home!

I don't believe I ever mentioned John Lucas's father. I was referring to the Baylor story. You just assumed that was what I was talking about.

Guest Jimbo

Yeah, but it's the whole thing about Lucas' father talking about how tough the situation was and how well his son responded to the Baylor situation...yadda, yadda, yadda...the point is, the less we have to see of John Lucas the elder on camera, the better.

Yeah, but it's the whole thing about Lucas' father talking about how tough the situation was and how well his son responded to the Baylor situation...yadda, yadda, yadda...the point is, the less we have to see of John Lucas the elder on camera, the better.

Well.......apparently TV thinks it's a good story so they're going to keep showing him. Not much we can do about it.

Guest Jimbo

What an awesome game we've got here, 1:49 left in OT and G'Tech is up by 3, 74-71. Bynum and Jarret Jack are playing ubelieveably well for the Yellow Jackets.

btw, for anyone watching, who is the play by play guy? His enthusiasm is terrific.

Guest Mosaicv2

well that 3 pointer & all of those personal fouls cause Kansas that game... no doubt about it

Guest Jimbo

GO DUKE~!

Everyone's hats should be tipped to Xavier because they put up a helluva fight and pushed Duke to their limit...but Duke is Duke, and they are headed to San Antonio!

Fantastic. A whole week of Vitale jumping up and down screaming, "Duke, baby! Duke!"

The Duke/UConn game should be a whole lot of fun, though. I do find it funny that for all the pains that the Tournament committee has gone through to avoid having the supposed "top" teams play in the national semi's instead of the championship game, and we get (IMO) the best two teams left playing Saturday instead of on Monday. HA.

What was with the ref's putting their whistles in overdrive in the second half of the Xavier-Duke game. Myles committed no foul on his fifth, and while Shavelik fouled Chalmers they called his on Sato shot, where there was no foul.

Should be solid games, and the gambling man in me is hoping for UConn over GT in a re-match from MSG so I win the office pool.

Guest MikeSC
UConn over Duke.

Oklahoma St. over Georgia Tech.

Totally agree. With OSU over UConn in the final.

This will SO bail me out in my pool.

-=Mike