TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Stupid Royal Rumble theory

I was watching my Royal Rumble 2004 DVD tonight and was thinking about something.

Has a winner of a Royal Rumble ever _run_ to the ring?

The theory is that since the winner of the Rumble is usually one of the bigger stars, they usually walk to the ring to milk their entrance pop/heat.

So is running down to the ring the first signal that someone won't win the Rumble?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Didn't Lesnar run to the ring in 2003?

I think so. I was thinking "In recent history maybe". (by that I mean 7-8 years) but then remembered he kinda ran too.

Austin one year came out from I think the stands, so "technically" thats a run-in" His enterance music played, everyone in the ring waited for him (this was the 98 one if I'm not mistaking) while he came in from behind

Steve

Luger DID run in the 94 Rumble. Tenryu & Kabuki had beaten him up backstage, so when his number came up he sprinted to the ring for some sweet sweet revenge.

Luger DID run in the 94 Rumble. Tenryu & Kabuki had beaten him up backstage, so when his number came up he sprinted to the ring for some sweet sweet revenge.

DAMMIT!!!!!

God I suck at life.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
There is the fact, which I believe Bobby Heenan pointed out, that smart (read: heel) wrestlers will walk to the ring so as not to exhaust themselves before the match.

Which explains Mo's grand total of ONE SECOND in 1995. That was just great.

Guest Choken One

I love Mr. Perfects enterance in 1991...He walked the whole two minutes...spat his gum...threw the towel...walked around the clock expired for the NEXT guy as he stepped in...

2002. HHH showed just exactly...how a slow pace will win the match.

Didn't Lesnar run to the ring in 2003?

Nah, it was a casual walk if I remember correctly.

Guest Adrian 3:16
I love Mr. Perfects enterance in 1991...He walked the whole two minutes...spat his gum...threw the towel...walked around the clock expired for the NEXT guy as he stepped in...

Mr. Perfect took his sweet ass time in 2002 too, enjoying the show while HHH and Austin went at it.

As for HHH that year, his entrace was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. He let his theme song almost finish playing before he even BEGAN walking to the ring.

Mr. Perfect took his sweet ass time in 2002 too, enjoying the show while HHH and Austin went at it.

As for HHH that year, his entrace was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. He let his theme song almost finish playing before he even BEGAN walking to the ring.

Yeah, he posed for 2 minutes, threw a few punches with Austin, and then Hurricane came out and tried to chokeslam them both. Lol.

You gotta love Nunzio's strategy from this year. Just sit outside the ring, and never get inside! If they don't want to make a friggin' countout rule, then why the hell not?

You gotta love Nunzio's strategy from this year. Just sit outside the ring, and never get inside! If they don't want to make a friggin' countout rule, then why the hell not?

Exactly.

I did love Lawler's bit from Royal Rumble 96 a bit better than what Nunzio did though. Maybe it's because, seeing 04 Rumble live, I was in a position where I couldn't see what Nunzio was really doing.