TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

TSM CLASSIC MATCH OF THE DAY-3/25

Guest Goodear

Folks, I love these Classic Match threads as next as the next man. But we do have and Old School folder for a reason. Granted, this folder gets a lot more traffic than that one as far as I know... but with quality threads like these, I can't see why more traffic won't be generated there in the process (especially now that an audience for them has been created here.

Thanks and please keep up the good work.

Haven't seen the match in awhile so maybe I'll pop in my WM 5 tape now. As I remember the match was a pretty good intense brawl. I wasn't watching wrestling back in 89 but I can appreciate the angle somewhat. The subtle hints throughout 88 (like at survivor series when hogan won the match for him and savage and hugged elizabeth, savage kinda looked at him a little strange.) good angle, good enough match for hogan (his best at wm up to that point). Jesse on commentary does steal the show. I love how he went off because Savage,the champion, came out first. And I always thought it was funny when Jesse would say, he was coming out of retirement to take out hogan (though I can't remember if he said this at wm 5 or not) Anyways, I am not one to rate matches, because I don't really understand what the stars mean. It's hard for me to appreciate matches now, being a sort of smark as they say. basically wrestling has almost been ruined for me by the net. lol :firing: IWC

Guest Dynamite Kido

I would have to say that this is Hogan's best Mania venture ever as he and Savage worked well together. This is one of the best feuds that the WWF had done up to this point and it holds up today. This match was built up forever and it paid off with a really good main event for Wrestlemania V.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Andre The Giant was the winner of the Survivor Series 1987 Main Event. And he's a heel.

Also, not as important as Wrestlemania......

"...wasn't it unheard of at the time for the heel to win the last match at a PPV?"

The statement doesn't say how important the PPV has to be, it just says it was unheard of for a PPV in general.

And this is, most likely, my favorite single announcing job ever in the WWE. Jesse's anti-Hogan rants are so entertaining it's priceless.

I agree about the commentary. I just watched my tape of the match last night and Ventura had me laughing the whole match.

Monsoon:Obviously we have a difference in opinions.

Ventura:Yeah well, good for me