TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ill One

Would you suggest Manhunt?

I did search and read some of the news then some reviews. It seems like a cool game and I have a very hard stomach. Hell I even asked a few people about the game *points to signature* but I'm wondering what you guys overall think if it's worth the money. I haven't really played any games like it, so I'm not sure if I'll like it. Seems like most people enjoyed it or were disgusted by it (which is even better). I figure it's at least worth a rental.

Long live ultra violence.

It's a shitty game. Controls and viewpoints are awkward, and it's basically just violence for the sake of violence. There's no real gameplay to be found.

Plus the ways of killing are limited and repetitive.

Guest Metallica

I thought it was great fun, has a really good and intense atmosphere to it. Quite scary in parts too with the way the hunters scream/shout at you.

I didn't find the controls or viewpoints hard at all, the controls are as easy as it gets.

From what I saw of it, it seemed extraordinarily tedious with a very limited amount of control options that make for a really crappy stealth experience. It really feels like it's getting by on a combination of violence and Rockstar's name. My friend that I was watching play sold the game after three days, and said it was one of the worst games he'd ever played.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

yeah it gets old fast. It's a shitty game but it's worth a rent just for a couple days of mindless slaughter. I especially enjoyed cutting off heads and then throwing them at people.

Thanks guys. I'll give rental a shot and then see if it appeals to me. Oh yeah, by the way- I know this isn't the type of game to expect a good storyline but what is it?

It's a shitty game. Controls and viewpoints are awkward, and it's basically just violence for the sake of violence. There's no real gameplay to be found.

Plus the ways of killing are limited and repetitive.

Agreed.

The concept is unbelievably awesome, and as someone who has been reading huge crime novels etc. since I was a young kid, I found it to be really cool.

However, once you get into the game and start actually trying to, you know, play the thing, you'll find the thinking process stopped at the concept.

Don't waste your money.

UYI

Thanks guys. I'll give rental a shot and then see if it appeals to me. Oh yeah, by the way- I know this isn't the type of game to expect a good storyline but what is it?

You're James Earl Cash, a death row inmate who was broken out of prison as you're about to be executed, I believe, and you now work for this guy known as "The Director", who pretty much makes movies off you killing people. Your only thing is you must kill people and you must survive. You're basically thrown on the streets filled with bloodthirsty thugs and murderers. That's about it.

I love this game. I'm not really understanding all the hate it's getting.

I've been playing solidly for a few days now and I'm up to level 9. It's pretty scary when you're getting chased by 5 gang members with meat cleavers. I love how when you chop an enemies head off, you can throw it to get the attention of other enemies.

Side note: I did a search and found this thread, were it gets quite alot of praise.