TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Update of JD main event, Heyman and Teddy Long

Due to how weak Smackdown's crop of heels currently is, WWE is actually considering headlining the May 16th Smackdown-only Judgment Day PPV with a Eddie Guerrero vs. Bradshaw WWE Title match. To add a little edge to Bradshaw, WWE may have Paul Heyman manage him.

Most backstage are in shock that Bradshaw will likely be getting a main event push despite his horrible in-ring work.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

------------------------------------------------

The decision to "fire" Paul Heyman from the Smackdown General Manager position was made right away once Vince McMahon decided to hold the draft lottery. The reasoning then was to open up a regular spot for Kurt Angle where he would not have to wrestle.

WWE is also hoping that using Heyman as a major heel manager will not only add some strength to Smackdown's weak heels, it will add more to the Eddie Guerrero programs. WWE wants Heyman to be a modern day version of Capt. Lou Albano and Freddie Blassie. WWE also wants Heyman to get involved in programs with John Cena so that Cena can get more over as a face.

--------------------------------------------------------

Teddy Long is set to manage Mark Jindrak

Credit: WOL radio show

Putting Jindrak in black face is probably the only way he'll get heat. Seriously, this kid's a lost cause. Hit the ejector seat now before he runs over someone who doesn't deserve it.

Guest netslob
Most backstage are in shock that Bradshaw will likely be getting a main event push despite his horrible in-ring work.

really? i'm not. at all.

Guest BDC
The decision to "fire" Paul Heyman from the Smackdown General Manager position was made right away once Vince McMahon decided to hold the draft lottery. The reasoning then was to open up a regular spot for Kurt Angle where he would not have to wrestle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit: WOL radio show

To part one, I want to say "Thank God."

To part two, I want to say "........."

Guest Astro

I've been watching some Vintage Paul Heymen WCW Dangerous Alliance promos and more heyman as a manager is a good thing *wink*

Even though Booker doesn't necessarily need a mouthpiece, I think Teddy Long should manage him and Orlando Jordan. It continues Long's "Whitey Holding Us Down" gimmick, gives even more of an edge to Booker, and he can teach Jordan a lot by working with him. Keep in mind that I am not suggesting Jordan gets a huge push.

Well it's not like Bradshaw's getting a serious main event push to get himself over. He's just being tossed up there as a sacrificial lamb to Eddie before he's booted back to the mid-card to squash cruiserweights.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Put Heyman and Booker together......Booker as a heel, with Heyman could be interesting.

Guest MikeSC
Even though Booker doesn't necessarily need a mouthpiece, I think Teddy Long should manage him and Orlando Jordan. It continues Long's "Whitey Holding Us Down" gimmick, gives even more of an edge to Booker, and he can teach Jordan a lot by working with him. Keep in mind that I am not suggesting Jordan gets a huge push.

Honestly, the "whitey holding me down" gimmick would be infinitely more humorous with him managing Mark Jindrak.

-=Mike

Bradshaw vs Eddie in a main event?

God, that show better have one hell of an undercard or Eddie's first title defense with him as headliner is going to look like crap. I'd say RVD vs Booker will be one or Booker vs Holly (god, which is better) with Undertaker vs....umm, who needs to lose this week?

And I guess Frenchie vs Cena.

My god, that sounds like a miserable PPV if that's the direction they go.

And wait, Heyman will manage Bradshaw and Heyman will be set to help get Cena over more as a face??? Oh no, Bradshaw/Cena feud!

And Cena should lose 20 points of overness for that stupid "nuts" bull.

Even though Booker doesn't necessarily need a mouthpiece, I think Teddy Long should manage him and Orlando Jordan.  It continues Long's "Whitey Holding Us Down" gimmick, gives even more of an edge to Booker, and he can teach Jordan a lot by working with him.  Keep in mind that I am not suggesting Jordan gets a huge push.

Honestly, the "whitey holding me down" gimmick would be infinitely more humorous with him managing Mark Jindrak.

-=Mike

Agreed.

Chris Nowinski was awesome with the "whitey is holding us down!" part of the Long team.

If Chris can come back, he'd make an awesome heel to send to Smackdown to team with Jindrak for a little while. Hell, bring up O'Haire and let Long spew the "whitey holding us down" with three white boys in his stable.

If anyone can make it work, it's Teddy Long.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Why does Bradshaw even need a mouthpiece. That's the one area where the guy can actually hold his own. I'm sure there are several other guys who could use Heyman more.

So Jindrak would think he's black?

So basically, Jindrak would be kinda like Trish Stratus: 50 year old black woman?

;)

Actually, that sounds a lot more like Akeem.

Guest MikeSC
Even though Booker doesn't necessarily need a mouthpiece, I think Teddy Long should manage him and Orlando Jordan.  It continues Long's "Whitey Holding Us Down" gimmick, gives even more of an edge to Booker, and he can teach Jordan a lot by working with him.  Keep in mind that I am not suggesting Jordan gets a huge push.

-=Mike

Agreed.

Chris Nowinski was awesome with the "whitey is holding us down!" part of the Long team.

If Chris can come back, he'd make an awesome heel to send to Smackdown to team with Jindrak for a little while. Hell, bring up O'Haire and let Long spew the "whitey holding us down" with three white boys in his stable.

If anyone can make it work, it's Teddy Long.

Well, if John Kerry will be our second black President --- I think Jindrak could be an honorary black guy.

"I've been held down for years! I remember when my parents weren't able to buy TWO porsches and our neighbors just dumped on us and called us names. I know your pain. I feel your pain. I am with you, man!"--- Jindrak

-=Mike

Nowinski would make a GREAT flunky for PROFESSOR DOOM.

You are just waiting for that angle aren't you?

Like Homer waiting for the second season of the XFL.

Dude, I have Hurricane the script. He HAD TO read it. Right?! RIGHT?! And it was so brilliant that he had to hand it to the creative team. RIGHT>!!>!?!?! And the absolute genius of it had to blow their minds in ways only a storyline about Funaki being a time-travelling scientist from the future could. RIGHT?! So it'll be on TV in no time.

Two questions: Why does everyone want Teddy Long's entire managerial existance to be based around "whitey"? The guy is mad talented on the mic, even when not doing the whole 'playa' gimmick. Let him just manage someone and have it be that, a good talker managing a wrestler that's not a good talker.

And why does everyone always want to place every black guy with another black guy? Now, it's Booker and Orlando Jordan being managed by Teddy Long. What about when Maven comes back, let's throw him there too. And Rodney Mack and Mark Henry.

Guest MikeSC
Two questions: Why does everyone want Teddy Long's entire managerial existance to be based around "whitey"? The guy is mad talented on the mic, even when not doing the whole 'playa' gimmick. Let him just manage someone and have it be that, a good talker managing a wrestler that's not a good talker.

And why does everyone always want to place every black guy with another black guy? Now, it's Booker and Orlando Jordan being managed by Teddy Long. What about when Maven comes back, let's throw him there too. And Rodney Mack and Mark Henry.

Again, looking at him, I gotta ask:

Rodney Mack is black?

Batista looks darker than him.

-=Mike

Due to how weak Smackdown's crop of heels currently is, WWE is actually considering headlining the May 16th Smackdown-only Judgment Day PPV with a Eddie Guerrero vs. Bradshaw WWE Title match. To add a little edge to Bradshaw, WWE may have Paul Heyman manage him.

home.jpg

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TonyJaymzV1

is Jindrak irish?

Jindrak:"You know, the irish are the black people of europe, so brother, i feel your pain. Represent."

Guest Goodear

They completely need to do a segment where Teddy lays into Cena for not being black and subverting the culture unlike a true brother like Soul Brother Number One Mark Jindrak (in the backgroud eating a mayo on white sandwhich and dressed in a sailor suit).

I stated in my post the reason that I would put Booker and Jordan with Teddy Long. It's a continuation of his character that he does so well. He definitely isn't broke, and we definitely don't need to fix him. Sure he can probably make a successful transition to being "just a good manager of heels," but why take away his best trait of his current character?

I stated in my post the reason that I would put Booker and Jordan with Teddy Long. It's a continuation of his character that he does so well. He definitely isn't broke, and we definitely don't need to fix him. Sure he can probably make a successful transition to being "just a good manager of heels," but why take away his best trait of his current character?

My question wasn't really directed from your post, it's more from years and years of watching wrestling. It always seems like it's a black guy with a black guy, or a black guy vs. a black guy. Only recently with the APA, TWGTT, and the Dudleys (who I guess aren't that recent) has there been many interracial tag teams.

And I don't think that his current character is as good as "Peanuthead" era-Tedy Long. He managed the Skyscrapers, and did a good job of communicating for them, without resorting to "holla" and "playa". It's uneccessary, so why use it?

Guest Salacious Crumb
I stated in my post the reason that I would put Booker and Jordan with Teddy Long.  It's a continuation of his character that he does so well.  He definitely isn't broke, and we definitely don't need to fix him.  Sure he can probably make a successful transition to being "just a good manager of heels," but why take away his best trait of his current character?

My question wasn't really directed from your post, it's more from years and years of watching wrestling. It always seems like it's a black guy with a black guy, or a black guy vs. a black guy. Only recently with the APA, TWGTT, and the Dudleys (who I guess aren't that recent) has there been many interracial tag teams.

And I don't think that his current character is as good as "Peanuthead" era-Tedy Long. He managed the Skyscrapers, and did a good job of communicating for them, without resorting to "holla" and "playa". It's uneccessary, so why use it?

There's a wrestling law about this I believe. If there are two black wrestlers in a promotion they will eventually feud and or form a tag team.

What a depressing news update.

I feel your pain. Find some comfort in the fact that Bradshaw will probably not win anything, and that at least, they have plans for Heyman. It could be worse. I think.