TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Some XBox games price drop

Big name titles drop in price, and new Platinum series additions

To go along with the system price drop, Microsoft has announced that certain games will drop in price as well. Most have dropped today, while others will OFFICIALLY drop tomorrow:

Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge: $29.99

Priject Gotham Racing 2: $29.99

Grabbed By The Ghoulies: $19.99

Voodoo Vince: $19.99

X-Box Music Mixer: $19.99

In addition, both Finding Nemo and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets have been added to the X-Box Platinum Hits collection, with each retailing at $19.99.

Crimson Skies and PGR2 are real good, IMO.

OK -- stupid question here.

These "Platinum Hits" or PS2's "Greatest Hits." Did these games actually pass some sales milestone, or is just a fancy smancy name given to games that have been around for a while, still manage to sell and dropped in price?...

I think PS2 games have to sell a million copies...but I don't think Xbox has a sales restriction. If they do it's much lower.

In the case of Grabbed By The Ghoulies, I think it's just a case of "PLEASE clear it from our shelves!"

what the hell is an X-Box Music Maker?

Something you can use to make songs and get a hit single in Europe just like that "Fix Up Get Up" song.

Guest Vitamin X

Hopefully this means the used prices on these games will go down as well... I wouldn't mind paying $10-$15 for Voodoo Vince...

I'd love to get Crimson Skies, but my cheap ass can't afford more than $20 a game, so maybe Gamestop or Blockbuster will sell a used one for cheaper.

These "Platinum Hits" or PS2's "Greatest Hits." Did these games actually pass some sales milestone, or is just a fancy smancy name given to games that have been around for a while, still manage to sell and dropped in price?...

Platinum Hits is just a price drop with fancy packaging. I don't think WWF Raw and Star Wars: Obi Wan were "hits".

As for the price drops, that's awesome, I've been meaning to pick up PGR 2 for a while now.

Just because I felt like looking it up:

To qualify as a PlayStation 2 “Greatest Hit,” a title must have been on the market for one year with 400,000 copies produced, proving to be a force in driving software sales and the demand for the hardware that supports it. PlayStation “Greatest Hits” game sales must be in excess of 250,000 units during the life of the product.

- Playstation Official Site

I couldn't find Microsoft's criteria for X-Box, but I'd bet it's about the same as PS2.

Hopefully this means the used prices on these games will go down as well... I wouldn't mind paying $10-$15 for Voodoo Vince...

I'd love to get Crimson Skies, but my cheap ass can't afford more than $20 a game, so maybe Gamestop or Blockbuster will sell a used one for cheaper.

Already got Voodoo Vince for 10 bucks, with everything. :) My Giant Eagle's video department sells off old rented games from time to time, and it's often a great way to score a deal--although at times you'll have to do without the original casing or box art.

Rental chains often can give good deals, but you're more likely to find them hunting for older stuff that are all marked down to around 10 bucks. The newer games they'll soak you, usually. I've seen Blockbusters being asinine enough to charge $22.99 for a used PS2 Greatest Hits game.

To qualify as a PlayStation 2 “Greatest Hit,” a title must have been on the market for one year with 400,000 copies produced, proving to be a force in driving software sales and the demand for the hardware that supports it. PlayStation “Greatest Hits” game sales must be in excess of 250,000 units during the life of the product.

Produced? Not sold? That's strange. Ugh, it's most assured Enter the Matrix is one or will be one soon. I can't go to game store without practically tripping over a stack of them.

So Xenogears sold a quarter million copies and there's at least 400,000 Xenosagas out there? Good grief.

OK, so basically PS2 games must sell a quarter million (if a game sells that many copies then I'm sure 400,000 units will be produced and take about a year for them to sell). Merci...

They was it was worded it sounded like PS1 games have to sell 1/4 million units, but it didn't say that PS2 GH have to sell any specific number, but it needs to have 400,000 produced.

*shrug*

Probably there are no specific sales numbers that X-Box games have to meet.

If so, it has to be far less than 1/4 million, I'd gather.