TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

If you could choose the bookers...

If you had to choose an elite group to run/book/write for the WWE, who would you include? And I mean anyone, as in wrestlers, writers, journalists, fellow smarks, your neighbour, etc.

I'd personally put the WWE in the hands of: Dave Meltzer, Scott Keith, Jeff Marek (Live Audio Wrestling) and for the humourous yet well thought out storylines, Rudo and Dean.

Guest Choken One

Paul Heyman

Arn Anderson

Scott Levy

Tommy Dreamer

Mick Foley

Choken One

Dave Meltzer, for as crappy everyone thinks his "inflated" star ratings are, knows wrestling inside and out, and knows what to do when to do it to make stars. He knows when people are on the rise, when they're falling, and when someone just got made a star (or, conversely, when someone like Jeff Hardy is immediately buried and will never be a star again). He would be on my committee as a consultant; someone who doesn't write the storylines, but someone who will tell the bookers when something would not work or something that needed to be done right away.

I would put Jim Cornette and Bret Hart on the Raw brand, with Tommy Dreamer and Arn Anderson giving ideas. Paul Heyman and Mick Foley would run the Smackdown brand, with Raven and Dean Malenko underneath with creative ideas.

And, of course, I would review the scripts before they went final. Not that I know wrestling better than any of these guys, but it is my fantasy world.

Jason

Paul Heyman

Arn Anderson

Scott Levy

Tommy Dreamer

Mick Foley

Choken One

Scratch Marek off my list and replace with Levy and Heyman. How they slipped my mind , I do not know

Head Bookers for Raw and Smackdown

Ric Flair

Bret Hart(On Smackdown to Keep him away from HBK)

I'd Have Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman giving ideas, Austin can be a Road Agent and I'd let Dean Malenko have full control over the Booking of the Cruiserweights(like Liger does in New Japan).Pat patterson does a good job with the Main Event finishes so I'd leave him where he is and I'd get Mick Foley to give ideas for guys doing Interviews(not guys like Eddie and The Rock but guys like RVD and Chris Benoit)

Sigh.

This is a rather silly topic. I'm not a fan of fantasy booking and I'm not a fan of "who are your fantasy bookers?" Since most of us aren't in the business, we really don't know how it's run and what makes a good booker. There are too many factors involved and too many people involved to know who's fully responsible for the good (or bad) final product.

I suppose we can just suggest people that apparently know a lot about wrestling (Foley, Flair, etc.) and assume the results would be good. Although that hasn' always worked in the past.

If you had to choose an elite group to run/book/write for the WWE, who would you include? And I mean anyone, as in wrestlers, writers, journalists, fellow smarks, your neighbour, etc.

I'd personally put the WWE in the hands of: Dave Meltzer, Scott Keith, Jeff Marek (Live Audio Wrestling) and for the humourous yet well thought out storylines, Rudo and Dean.

Scott Keith.

This is asinine on so many levels.

Guest Choken One
I'd bring back Chris Kreski.

He hated Wrestling...I'd rather a group of intelligent Minds working together.

I'd put Cornette in the group but he's a fucking egomaniac. At least more then the others.