Sign in to follow this  
Fökai

The Official TSM Mock NFL Draft

With the 10th pick in the NFL draft, the Houston Texans select:

img6713019.jpg

DeAngelo Hall, cornerback, Virginia Tech

*waits for hoopla and applause to die down*

*cut to Charlie Casserly sitting in the War Room in Reliant Stadium*

"With the continued recovery of Seth Payne from surgery, the resigning of Gary Walker, and the offseason signing of up and coming star Robaire Smith, we felt that our most pressing need was in the defensive secondary. DeAngelo Hall is a young man with both the physical (4.34 40, 39 inch vertical, a 3.68 short shuttle, a 6.39 three-cone drill and 15 reps) and mental (23 Wunderlic score) abilities to become an immediate impact player both on defense and on special teams. In our division it is very important to get as many quality defensive backs as possible, and under the tutoring of Marcus Coleman and Aaron Glenn, we think DeAngelo will soon become one of the premier cover men in the league."

The Pittsburgh Steelers are now on the clock.

Round 1

1. San Diego Chargers - Eli Manning, Quarterback, Ole Miss

2. Oakland Raiders - Ben Roethlisberger, Quarterback, Miami of Ohio

3. Arizona Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald, Wide Receiver, Pittsburgh

4. New York Giants - Robert Gallery, Offensive Tacke, Iowa

5. Washington Redskins - Sean Taylor, Safety, Miami

6. Detroit Lions - Steven Jackson, Running Back, Oregon State

7. Cleveland Browns - Kellen Winslow Jr., Tight End, Miami

8. Atlanta Falcons - Mike Williams, Wide Receiver, Southern California

9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC

10. Houston Texans - DeAngelo Hall, cornerback, Virginia Tech

11. Pittsburgh Steelers - Tyler McClelland

12. New York Jets - 'trane

13. Buffalo Bills - bps21

14. Chicago Bears - A Happy Medium

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TheGregWitul

16. San Francisco 49ers - Bored

17. Cincinnati Bengals - Choken One

18. New Orleans Saints - Flyboy

19. Minnesota Vikings - LaParkaMarka

20. Miami Dolphins - Conspiracy Victim

21. New England Patriots - HarleyQuinn

22. Dallas Cowboys - BX

23. Seattle Seahawks - MrRant

24. Denver Broncos - CanadianChris

25. Green Bay Packers - Kahran Ramsus

26. St. Louis Rams - Prime Time Andrew Doyle

27. Tennessee Titans - Gert T

28. Philadelphia Eagles - the pinjockey

29. Indianapolis Colts - Flyboy

30. Kansas City Chiefs - Verne Gagne

31. Carolina Panthers

32. New England Patriots - HarleyQuinn

Guest Flyboy
Debate raged about Roy Williams in this slot, but there is plenty of WR value in round 2. The Jags need a defensive end after the abortion that was the Hugh Douglas signing.

Eh, I don't know about this pick. If Roy Williams somehow fell into the Jags' lap, I'm sure they would pick him over a DE. You could get a solid defensive end as well in the second round while gamebreakers like Roy Williams is rare even in this draft.

Guest Flyboy
Flyboy - Did you really think Hall would be around at 18?

Nope but there was hope. And, I know the way the Saints DO have a chance of getting him is by trading up.

Who knew Roy Williams would drop out of the top 10. I imagine he'll be gone soon enough though.

Not me. Silly Clayton picked Mike Williams before Roy (tisk, tisk) and the Jags decided to snatch a DE. I can definitely see the Jets picking him up.

Who knew Roy Williams would drop out of the top 10. I imagine he'll be gone soon enough though.

Not me. Silly Clayton picked Mike Williams before Roy (tisk, tisk) and the Jags decided to snatch a DE. I can definitely see the Jets picking him up.

Eh, I don't know about the Jets. They already have two good young receivers in Santana Moss and Justin McCairens. But we'll see what Banky does.

After trading a high pick for a WR already...the Jets would be stupid to use another one on a reciever. They'd have basically used their top 2 picks on two WR this year...and that's for a team that alread has Moss and Chrebet. That's not going to happen.

There #1 need is a CB.

Well...I don't care what Banky does and if he takes him or not.

I'm just saying...that come the actual draft...if Roy Williams was still there...the Jets wouldn't take him.

I've got enough holes to fill that I'll get someone I need.

Guest Flyboy

Eh.. too long of a day. Sorry about the Jets' comment. The Bucs WILL take him if he's there as will the 49ers. The Jets' will probably take a cornerback.

With the 11th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

p1_rivers_ap.jpg

Phillip Rivers, Quarterback, North Carolina State

This represents a worst case scenerio for the Steelers, who were targeting the #1 defensive back on the board, the top running back (Jackson) or, perhaps, the #1 offensive tackle in the draft, although the latter is more of a stretch. However, in this scenerio, they'd be forced to settle for the third quarterback. This pick is a significant reach, considering Rivers' climb on most people's draft board was due to his outstanding Senior Bowl performance after the season. That's like saying the dude with a goal in the NHL All-Star game is a stud, though. If either Ben Roth or DeAngelo Hall is not available when their pick comes up on the real draft day, expect Pittsburgh to trade down rather than settle for the third quarterback. However, since their needs do not necessarily include a stud DE (Will Smith) or a lard ass, depressed, overrated tackle (Shawn Andrews) at 1.11, Rivers is the pick.

On the bright side, Rivers is a proven winner and has uncanny accuracy in the pocket. He does, contrary to popular belief have the potential to be a franchise quarterback, but then again, if potential ruled the day, Ryan Leaf would be starting for the AFC every year in the Pro Bowl. Rivers will have to adjust to playing under center and handing the ball to Duce Staley in the 'Burgh, though.

Guest BANKYWOOD
For as much time as Banky spends on this board...his lack of pick is really annoying.

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Quit 'yer fucking whining.

Wide Receiver

From Texas

ROOOOY WIIIIILLLLLLIIAAAAAMMMS!

williams.jpg

Pennington needs a REAL target. Moss can't be the number one man. And really? How can one let someone with such immense talent wait any longer? He's not a Jet.

With the 13th pick in the 2004 TSM Mock Draft the Buffalo Bills select:

2218526_5_1.jpg

Maybe not...

This draft is deep at WR...so I'll wait for a later round there. I need a rookie QB...but there's no one left worth spending a first on. We also need a TE...but the only one worth taking at this point is gone, as expected. I'm not taking a Guard or Center here...so I'm really left with DE or CB.

DE is the more pressing need since we signed Troy Vincent to be our CB until we find someone younger. Although we have a history of selecting Ohio State CBs with our first round pick...we'll buck tradition in favor of someone who is easily better already than all but our 1 good DE.

We're still sticking with THE Ohio State University though...

With the 13th pick in the draft, the Buffalo Bills select DE Will Smith from Ohio State.

rreynolds-wsmith-102503-lg.jpg

Guest Flyboy

The Chicago Bears (A Happy Medium) has until 11:30 AM CT to make his pick or then his pick will be made for him.

I was figuring on a full day in this two pick stretch.

::sees TheGregWitul has 6 posts this year::

Unless that is someone's gimmick accouunt I think we are looking at another 12 hours.

I'll pick for the Panthers.

BTW, are we going to do the same thing we did last season? Or are you making any changes?

I'd be willing to build some web pages for the TSM NFL League, if that'd what you guys would want.

Uhm yeah...I'm here... with the 14th pick, I choose Randy Starks from Maryland University.

-Third-year junior who emerged as one of the nation's premier defensive tackles in his sophomore campaign … A very aggressive player who combines athleticism with an ideal defensive lineman frame … Starks has a great burst and runs well for a player his size … An Iron Terp (team award for stellar weight-room performances) with the highest strength index (782) among the team's defensive linemen … His strength index was a 30-point improvement over the 2002 season and had him ranked as the second-strongest player, pound-for-pound, on the team … He also holds the school record with a 765-pound squat … Began his Terps career as a defensive end, moving to tackle as a sophomore … Finished his career with 201 tackles (111 solo), 17½ sacks for minus-115 yards, 34 stops for losses of 153 yards, 31 quarterback pressures, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and nine pass deflections while starting 29 of 38 games.-

Guest Flyboy
Tampa Bay (TheGregWitul) is on the clock until 2am EST tonight.

Did anyone send him a PM?

Guest Flyboy

I'm just going to make his pick for him so we can get on a roll again... will be posted shortly.

Guest Flyboy
He has until 2 Flyboy.

Yeah, but has pinjockey said.. he's hardly ever on and not a very active poster. I'm going to go ahead and post the pick since many of the other waiting posters are on and we can get the round going.