TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Media post: Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko Vs. Raven

Guest Choken One

this match is one of my all time favorites. Drastically underated.

I hope it gets a spot on the Benoit dvd but doubt it since he doesn't go over and wasn't really important on the grand scheme of things.

Guest Choken One

Correction

It WAS the last good PPV WCW ever produced. WCW never did produce many classic PPVs...shit...Souled Out 1998 is the only other post-nwo PPV that REALLY rocked.

They gave away too much on Nitro thus ruining the ppvs which were always the same fucking card

Slamboree 2000 was ok, Kanyon/Awesome and the 3 cage(minus the ending) were good and if you take Ralphus out then the Smiley/Funk match is decent too.

Guest Real F'n Show

Starrcade 2000 wasn't that bad either, especially the opener. Thanks for posting these man.

Guest ian.

I've only had a chance to watch the isel entrances so far, but theres one thing that confused me. Didn't Raven/Saturn win the WCW Tag Belts here? I always thought they did and I guess rey/kidman were champs.

Thanks for the match.

Raven/Saturn cost the Horsemen the belts the week before. I've always liked this match. It's always a treat to see drastically different wrestling characters clash but still come away with a good/great match. Thanks for posting!

First off, thanks Deon...

Good ppv's after Spring Stampede 99 IMO:

- Slamboree 2000

- Fall Brawl 2000

- The 2001 Trilogy (Sin, Superbrawl Revenge, Greed)

Bash at the Beach and StarrCade 2000 were thumbs in the middle (some shitty stuff, some good stuff)

Yeah, the three PPVs from '01 were very good in my opinion, and were a display that WCW may have been headed in the right direction finally, but we all know what happened next.

Raven/Saturn cost the Horsemen the belts the week before. I've always liked this match. It's always a treat to see drastically different wrestling characters clash but still come away with a good/great match. Thanks for posting!

Brilliant move by WCW. I mean the tag match was great and had a lot of heat, but why take the belts off of the Horsemen? Just to have the cruiserweight tag title match be between the tag champs?

Raven/Saturn cost the Horsemen the belts the week before.  I've always liked this match.  It's always a treat to see drastically different wrestling characters clash but still come away with a good/great match.  Thanks for posting!

Brilliant move by WCW. I mean the tag match was great and had a lot of heat, but why take the belts off of the Horsemen? Just to have the cruiserweight tag title match be between the tag champs?

You don't know.

I don't know.

Nobody knows.

Thanks Rico. This is a great match, one of my favorites of 99. I'd call it ****1/2.

Thanks again!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
First off, thanks Deon...

Good ppv's after Spring Stampede 99 IMO:

- Slamboree 2000

- Fall Brawl 2000

- The 2001 Trilogy (Sin, Superbrawl Revenge, Greed)

Bash at the Beach and StarrCade 2000 were thumbs in the middle (some shitty stuff, some good stuff)

Sin was ASS.

I liked SIN a lot but to each his own

- Chavo vs. Helms

- Reno vs. Vito (around **1/2 imo)

- Jung Dragons vs. Knoble / Karagias

- Cat vs. Sanders (more entertaining than good...consider the participants...good crowd heat)

- decent Team Canada vs. Filthy Animals (normal 6 man tag would've been better than the penalty box gimmick IMO)

-a good hardcore match between Crowbar, Funk and MENG~!

Other stuff: Palumbo and O'Haire win tag titles from Nash / DDP :) , Goldberg's shocking loss (that crowd was SILENT after the pinfall)