TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Remembering Classic MLB.....

Getting back on topic, I remember watching that game for the first time probably about 10 years ago. On SportsChannel (what would become Fox Sports Net) they had Baseball's Greatest Games hosted by Steve Garvey. The Camp homerun has to be one of the most bizarre moments in baseball history. A pitcher, and not even a good hitting one, hitting a homerun in that situation was just shocking.

Guest Anglesault
Getting back on topic,

If we must.

I remember hearing of the game, but I wasn't exactly the type to go out of my way to watch Mets games, let alone games with 2 hours of rain delays, so i don't think I saw it live.

Of course, I've managed to block out most of the 1980s, so who the hell knows.

More Retrosheet Fun

June 8, 1989. Pirates @ Phillies. The Pirates score 10 in the first inning, and announcer Jim Rooker proclaims that if the Pirates lose, he'll walk home. Steve Jeltz (career SLG: .268) homers from both sides of the plate, and the Phillies win 15-11. Rooker makes good on his promise after the season, walking from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh for charity.

Getting back on topic, I remember watching that game for the first time probably about 10 years ago. On SportsChannel (what would become Fox Sports Net) they had Baseball's Greatest Games hosted by Steve Garvey. The Camp homerun has to be one of the most bizarre moments in baseball history. A pitcher, and not even a good hitting one, hitting a homerun in that situation was just shocking.

This game was played at the peak of the Bomb Squad era of Atlanta. Saw the game a few years back on the 4th. Just one of the funniest, and strangest games ever. My brother remembers watching it when it happened. I was just hoping Skip Carey was doing the game, has he kicked ass announcing when the Braves sucked.

Another one I'll remember is Joe Niekro being caught with a file against the Angels back in 1987. The file goes flying out of Niekro's back pocket, and Kent Hrbek tries to cover it with his foot. Tim Tschida a St.Paul native notices the board and ejects Niekro from the game.

And this is no different than giving play by play during the play offs.

Except you're doing PBP for a game from eight years ago

Whore

One of my favorite games is the June 30, 2000 Mets/Braves game with the Mets down 8-1 in the bottom of the eighth. A bunch of walks, a hit or two and Piazza is up, it's 8-5 and he smacks it to tie it at 8. I believe Edgardo Alfonzo broke the tie and the Mets won 11-8.

Box Score 6/30/2000

http://www.ultimatemets.com/gamedetail.php?gameno=6153

Tonight, at 5 PM ET is the utter classic Game 7 from the ALCS. Yankees vs Red Sox, relive the hate(or...glory, ugh) of this 11 inning masterpiece then gear up for the Red Sox vs Orioles game on ESPN2.

Although not surprised they won't be showing it I was hoping ESPN Classic would show the great forgotten game of last year's postseason which was Game 1 of the A's/Red Sox ALDS. Ramon Hernandez's walk off bunt was so Tom Berenger in Major League. Of course the game was completely forgotten by the end of that series.

Guest Anglesault
Hey. Yankee games are one of the few things that make me happy anymore.

*looks at 2003 postseason thread*

Could've fooled me.

I liked the post season games the Yankees played last year.

Guest Anglesault

I just flipped on to "The babe and the billy goat" on ESPN. interesting.

I love hearing "Just five outs away"

THAT makes me happy

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Anglesault

Highlites for the bottom of the inning?

OMG ANTI YANKEE CONSPIRACY!

Guest Anglesault

One last note: It's awesome listening to them talk about how this could have been Shitface's last game. Even they bought his lies. And they'd dealt with the man semi-personally for 20 years.

Guest Anglesault

I think it's amazing that they haven't shown the Yankees batting yet.

Edit: here we go. In the 5th.

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Anglesault

The butchering of this game annoys me. Was Cubs/Marlins clipped this badly?

I'll have to wait for this to come on YES. They don't clip as badly.