TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Invictus

The Smackdown! Thread, April 8th, 2004!

Did Cole just call a Michinoku Driver a powerbomb?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Wow... is it just me or has Cena got a lot less... bland in the ring. Now he hasa bunch of spots. I dig it.

Guest Choken One

he's the rock 2.0

*Blue Chipper turned "Bad" guy that the fans got tired of...Makes funny jokes and slams everyone...fans turn him again by force...and becomes stale with the promos (Stick (random item) up your ass/Make some noise, Know your role/LEMME HEAR YOU REPRESENT, If you smell what the rock is cooking/Choke on deez Nuts)...creates Spots that are over but make no legit threat of finisher (Take off elbow pad/Pump up shoes, People's Elbow/5knuckle shuffle)...

So we got Bland Cena for two more years. FUCK.

Wow... is it just me or has Cena got a lot less... bland in the ring. Now he hasa bunch of spots. I dig it.

Cena is the man right now but to be slightly critical I will say that his last 4 or so TV matches have only been about 15 minutes total combined. I agree though..tonight he was a badass

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
he's the rock 2.0

*Blue Chipper turned "Bad" guy that the fans got tired of...Makes funny jokes and slams everyone...fans turn him again by force...and becomes stale with the promos (Stick (random item) up your ass/Make some noise, Know your role/LEMME HEAR YOU REPRESENT, If you smell what the rock is cooking/Choke on deez Nuts)...creates Spots that are over but make no legit threat of finisher (Take off elbow pad/Pump up shoes, People's Elbow/5knuckle shuffle)...

My point was more that in the ring he's gotten a lot more fun to watch.

Guest Choken One
he's the rock 2.0

and he has...another element of his being the ROCK 2.0

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
he's the rock 2.0

and he has...another element of his being the ROCK 2.0

Also, Cena might get less stale by incorperateing new recurring bits. It's an ongoing thing.

Choken: How would you figure 2 more years when Cena got barely a year so far as a heel?

Rock was a heel for about 2-3 years I think during which he won the IC title again and didn't really have his big babyface turn until he was already a main eventer.

So Cena's face run is pretty premature right now and doesn't really match up with Rock.

Besides, where are Cena's Austin and HHH if that were true?

Guest Choken One

He was a Heel in Late 97 to Mid 99...

Cena turned around November...just over a year of being a Heel.

Not PERFECT equality...but it's somewhat close and Rock was a face from Mid 1999 to the night he got turned by Toronto.

Guest Choken One

has a trophy EVER gone unbroken?

same thing with a cake..has a cake NEVER not been smashed into?

Guest Choken One

"DONT WORRY! EAGLES CAN FLY WITH ONE WING HOLMES!"

God Smackdown has turned to shit.

Guest Choken One

JR: DAMN HIS UNAMERICAN SOUL~! DAMN HIM BAH GAW BARBQUE SAUCE FRIED HOSS JUICE! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

Guest JMA
That Bradshaw/immigrant clip was sickening.

That's the point. It gets JBL over as a despicable heel.

Guest Choken One
Eddie is so over .....When's the last time a face got away with smashing something "American"...

I'm sure Austin did at some point and you can argue Bret.

Guest wrestlingbs
Eddie is so over .....When's the last time a face got away with smashing something "American"...

I'm sure Austin did at some point and you can argue Bret.

Hell, Austin stunned a woman for not drinking beer and Steiner attacked Nowinski for stating his opinion. Faces do stuff like that all the time.

Only 2 pages so far and it already over? Keith was right: bradshaw is making SD unwatchable.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Choken: How would you figure 2 more years when Cena got barely a year so far as a heel?

Rock was a heel for about 2-3 years I think during which he won the IC title again and didn't really have his big babyface turn until he was already a main eventer.

So Cena's face run is pretty premature right now and doesn't really match up with Rock.

Cena's Austin is trying out in the NFL.

Guest Anglesault
Choken:  How would you figure 2 more years when Cena got barely a year so far as a heel? 

Cena's Austin is trying out in the NFL.

Brock can't be Cena's Austin.

Rock and Austin worked well together.