TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

King of fighters neowave

Well the neowave loke test has started and oh boy its looking sucky. If you want to read more info go to the neo-geo for forums but I'll condense whats been said so far.

- same sprites

- No kof 2k3 characters are in there

- A fucking fifth button

- 3 modes of play, supposed to be mostly kof 2k2 style which is never a good thing.

- Lifeless dead Bg's

- Some characters have gone missing (like kim)

kofneo_07.jpg

Even the select screen is fucked.

Guest JebusNassedar

Hm.

- No kof 2k3 characters are in there

Never played it. Jebus 1, Fanboys 0.

- A fucking fifth button

There's always been a fifth button. Start. The white one you press to join the game. Seriously, though, I dont mind it. And besides, SNK did 2/3 games with Capcom; you expected them not to rub off? I just hope it's some trivial button, like T.O.P. Counter or some crap. Maybe a roll.

- 3 modes of play, supposed to be mostly kof 2k2 style which is never a good thing.

Loved KoF '02. Seeing as it was the only one I didnt suck the BUTT at, not counting 97. Jebus 2, Fanboys 0.

- Lifeless dead Bg's

Never payed attention to the backgrounds. 3-0.

- Some characters have gone missing (like kim)

Always liked Jhun more. 4-0.

I guess my point is that one man's trash is another man's treasure. But I'm with you on the same-sprites deal. I mean, you get one of the strongest 2D renderers out there, and you dont even use it? Laaaaaaame.

And I've seen worse select screens. So...5-1.

I'll see it for myself when it comes out.

Never played it. Jebus 1

Never played it? Well then I shall take that point away from you sir.

Jebus 0

There's always been a fifth button. Start. The white one you press to join the game.

You’re a funny one. I'm taking another another point off for that.

Jebus -1

Seriously, though, I dont mind it. And besides, SNK did 2/3 games with Capcom; you expected them not to rub off? I just hope it's some trivial button, like T.O.P. Counter or some crap. Maybe a roll.

Its more the fact that its on the new system so they had to make a new button

Loved KoF '02. Seeing as it was the only one I didnt suck the BUTT at, not counting 97.

I don’t like max mode and its features, I would have much rather had a advanced style max or the option to choose armor mode. It’s all opinion since I know how popular 2k2 is…but I’m still taking a point off.

Jebus -2

Never payed attention to the backgrounds.

It’s the same as sprites not changing, if you change the hardware you better show some effort to justify it.

Jebus -3

Always liked Jhun more. 4-0.

OMG you like Jhun more! Fanboyism!

Jebus -4

And I've seen worse select screens

And I've seen much better, I mean look at Benimaru, K' and Vice.

Anyway I have not played the final product so yes this could very well be a decent game but from what has been shown I’m very skeptical.