TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Sequel to the 1989 Punisher movie?

The original Punisher movie was awesome, IMO. I think Dolph played the role very well. My biggest pet peeve was that he didn't have the trademark skull on his chest, that seriously pissed me off. :angry:

I personally think the original was just mishandled badly and Dolph just took the fall for it.

Dolph did the best he could, but director Mark Goldblatt really had no clue what the hell he was doing and it was obvious as you watch the film. I remember that Goldblatt also completely butchered the original script to make "his vision" of the Punisher come to life.

The problem was Goldblatt obviously had no clue who or what the hell kind of guy the Punisher was. He was like Bryan Singer being that he wasn't a comic book guy. The difference is Goldblatt didn't have the talent and no real care for the project or the character.

Dolph did a great job and writer Boaz Yakin had placed a Punisher script forward that was true to the original as they could get while trying to introduce him to the world. But sadly, Goldblatt was a moron and has since not been a director for good reason.

Plus, the company went under and didn't even really get the film in US theaters. It was just sad how bad of a flop "The Punisher" ended up being.

The movie ended up just bad... I think having the Yakuza as the bad guys had something to do with that. Just made me think "Oh, they did that to have a ninja in the movie."

Wow, I thought I was the only one that liked the original Punisher movie. I'm telling you, if Dolph at the very least had the Skull shirt on, man, that would have rocked the house. The Marvel Comics adaptation did show him with the Skull, though.

Hey, any advance reviews on the new movie that's opening this week?