TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

Poll: Best version of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"?

Who did the best version of "Knocking on Heaven's Door", and why?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who did the best version of "Knocking on Heaven's Door", and why?

• Eric Clapton
    • Bob Dylan
    • Guns N Roses
    • U2
    • Avril Lavigne
    • Other (please specify)

I'm baffled at the fact that just as many people have voted GnR as Dylan. Suckers need some functioning-ass ears. The only thing worse than GnR's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" is their "Sympathy for the Devil."

Avril's "Fuel" was WAY better then most of the other songs that people covered at that show. But her KOHD is the worst version of it BY FAR.

I'm baffled at the fact that just as many people have voted GnR as Dylan. Suckers need some functioning-ass ears. The only thing worse than GnR's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" is their "Sympathy for the Devil."

Agreed on all counts.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Aerosmith's "Love Me Two Times" still stands as the worst cover I've ever heard, I think. I hate Aerosmith almost as much as GnR now. They've both got one album I can stand, and everyone else loves them.

Yeah, but at least Aerosmith are still putting out albums...albums that make good usage of the law of dimishing returns, but still, they're putting out albums.

And seriously, I like GNR alright, but how can someone honestly claim that a Guns N Roses song is better than a Bob Dylan song? As previously mentioned, Axl had no idea what the song was about, how to capture the song's meaning, whereas Dylan wrote the fucking thing.

Screwdrivers to the balls all around.

I think (hope?) GNR is functioning as the "La Parka" on this poll.