TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigSwigg

A Question about ROH

There's going to be an ROH show in Dayton, OH on June 12th (I think) and I was considering going to it. I may get my Dad to come along, but he's very conservative and wasn't too happy last time we went to an event together (Nitro in the late 90's) because there were tons of drunk rednecks being obnoxious and cussing. (Yes, my Dad is offended by cussing. He's also offended by Nudity, smoking and anything that is abhorred by conservative Christians. Because he is one.) Would I have any problems with this at an ROH show?

Also, are there any sign carrying fans at ROH shows? I don't want to shell out $35 bucks for front row because I'm probably going to RAW that Monday night, and I'm shelling out good money for front row seats so I can actually see.

There's going to be an ROH show in Dayton, OH on June 12th (I think) and I was considering going to it. I may get my Dad to come along, but he's very conservative and wasn't too happy last time we went to an event together (Nitro in the late 90's) because there were tons of drunk rednecks being obnoxious and cussing. (Yes, my Dad is offended by cussing. He's also offended by Nudity, smoking and anything that is abhorred by conservative Christians. Because he is one.) Would I have any problems with this at an ROH show?

Also, are there any sign carrying fans at ROH shows? I don't want to shell out $35 bucks for front row because I'm probably going to RAW that Monday night, and I'm shelling out good money for front row seats so I can actually see.

Well, expect some:

Obscene chants (Shut the Fuck Up, Fuck 'Em Up _____)

Some scantily clad ladies

Maybe some curse words if they cut a promo

Special K does a druggie/raver gimmick

Some blood, perhaps

Ring rats going elbow deep in Trent Acid's pants during his ring entrance

I think that's it.

Oh, and Julius Smokes, the Devil's Son-in-law.

Guest The Last Free Voice

People don't bring signs. Uh, really it's not to bad. i went with my two younger brothers and we all had fun.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Honestly ROH isn't too bad, but then again you better hope if you go with your Dad that he doesn't hear about the Feinstein situation......

If Julius Smokes or Homicide have an interview, you can pretty much bank on there being some foul language in the mix. C.M. Punk possibly bringing up the fact that he doesn't believe in God and stuff, and Special K's whole gimmick to a lesser extent could be considered offensive.

ROH World Champion Samoa Joe, Homicide, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Roderick Strong, Ace Steel, Rainman, Chad Collyer, Matt Stryker, BJ Whitmer, Jimmy Rave, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Alex Shelley, Jimmy Jacobs, Special K, Danny Daniels, Nigel McGuiness, Austin Aries, Ray Gordy with much more to be announced soon!!!

Besides Homicide, I think you wouldn't have too big of a problem as most of those guys are pure wrestlers as opposed to mic-workers.

I would say go, but just try to go with some friends. There may be a chance you sit by some drunks or something, which is always a possibility at any show you go to, but generally speaking, indy shows seem to be more prominant at times like that.

So basically you're going to have that problem at any wrestling show you go to in most cases. But I wouldnt miss ROH if it came around to your area, despite all of the shit with Feinstein happening, they still have a solid product to check out live.

If it's a close drive, you should be ashamed of yourself for missing the first two shows in the area. Excellent stuff.

But yeah, mostly the problem would be the swearing, but the action should be so good that it won't be that big a deal.

I highly doubt I'll miss it. Thanks for the info. I was mostly worried about not getting front row seats as the few larger wrestling shows I've been to were impossible to see after the second or third row