TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Son of Sting

"NEXESS", 5/3/04

Guest The Son of Sting

NJPW "NEXESS", 5/3/04 Tokyo Dome

1. Koji Kanemoto, Ultimo Dragon & American Dragon vs. Heat, Tiger Mask & Naomichi Marufuji

2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Osamu Nishimura & Shinya Makabe vs. Giant Majin, Super Strong Majin & New Strong Majin

3. Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

4. Grudge Match: Josh Barnett vs. Ken Shamrock

5. Dolgorsuren Sumiyabazar & Dolgorsuren Serjbudee (Blue Wolf) vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Meng

6. Yuji Nagata & Kendo Kashin vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Manabu Nakanishi

7. IWGP Tag Team Title: Yoshihiro Takayama & Minoru Suzuki © vs. Masahiro Chono & Kazunari Murakami

8. New Japan vs. K-1: Yutaka Yoshie vs. The Convict Nortje (Jan Nortje)

9. New Japan vs. K-1: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Musashi

10. New Japan vs. K-1: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Sean O'Haire

11. New Japan vs. K-1 - IWGP Heavyweight Title: Bob Sapp © vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Seeing as the show is only a few days away thought i would start a thread.

Take all the K-1 matches away and it looks like a good card.Nortje(beyond bad) and O'Haire in two of the top four matches while Tenzan and Nishimura are in a nothing match :bonk: .The Nakamura push is to forced and could well backfire.

Guest Dynamite Kido

WOW, Meng and Sean O'Haire if that doesn't make you wanna pick up and fly to Tokyo........

Guest Contentious C
NJPW "NEXESS", 5/3/04 Tokyo Dome

1. Koji Kanemoto, Ultimo Dragon & American Dragon vs. Heat, Tiger Mask & Naomichi Marufuji

2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Osamu Nishimura & Shinya Makabe vs. Giant Majin, Super Strong Majin & New Strong Majin

5. Dolgorsuren Sumiyabazar & Dolgorsuren Serjbudee (Blue Wolf) vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Meng

7. IWGP Tag Team Title: Yoshihiro Takayama & Minoru Suzuki © vs. Masahiro Chono & Kazunari Murakami

11. New Japan vs. K-1 - IWGP Heavyweight Title: Bob Sapp © vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Seeing as the show is only a few days away thought i would start a thread.

Take all the K-1 matches away and it looks like a good card.Nortje(beyond bad) and O'Haire in two of the top four matches while Tenzan and Nishimura are in a nothing match :bonk: .The Nakamura push is to forced and could well backfire.

Really? I thought this looked like one of the more terrible cards I've ever seen New Japan book (that should tell you something), even excempting the K1 nonsense.

You've got throw-away juniors tag, Tenzan and Nishimura stuck carrying the Machines, Liger stuck putting over a rookie, Barnett stuck carying Shamrock, the Sumo tag, the tag title match where a limited Pancrase fighter might be the best worker of the bunch, and Nagata and Sasaki reliving their "classic" from January while somehow dragging Ka Shin and Nakanishi along for the ride.

Who would want to sit through this other than Stuart and his drones?

Guest Black Tiger
Really? I thought this looked like one of the more terrible cards I've ever seen New Japan book (that should tell you something), even excempting the K1 nonsense

Here's a scary thought Tom, you and I agree on something.

Will probably be tons of fun, but Domes are horrible for junior matches.

Yawn. Tenzan, Nishimura, and Nagai are all wasted here. Take out Makabe, and put Nagai with someone like Murakami or Shibata and then maybe we've got something.

Will be fun if Lyger goes all Jumbo Tsuruta grumpy on him.

Never seen Barnett and I don't care to see Shamrock, no comment.

Well Tenryu can still kick ass even at 54, not up to date on Blue Wolf though. I'll take a pass on Meng.

I heard Nagata vs Sasaki from 1/4 wasn't that good, and now they've each got a much weaker tag partner.

Murakami probably will make this fun if he goes all crazy, or Suzuki and Takayama will just whoop the hell out of him. Either way, this will probably be fun if nothing else.

Don't care,

Shibata is wasted, see match #8

I'm liking Tanahashi, but this is a disaster waiting to happen.

The returning hero reclaims the IWGP Title, even though his second reign is about as deserved as his first, and even less deserved than Sapp's. Of course if Ignashov beats him in their K1 rematch, then NJPW will be screwed.

*sigh*

Once again, I'm one of the lonely Sean O'Haire marks here.

I have nothing against O'Haire. His placement in the semi-main of all things is bizarre, though.

I like O'Haire, but why in the blue hell is he right below the main event? I know he's a big, cool looking American, but that may be a wee bit high on the card.

But then again, Inoki is psychotic, so who knows what's going through his head.

NJPW "NEXESS", 5/3/04 (WPW/PPV/NJ+IWTV Internet)

Tokyo Dome

1. Koji Kanemoto, Ultimo Dragon & American Dragon beat Heat, Tiger Mask & Naomichi Marufuji (18:40)when American used a leglock suplex hold on Heat.

2. Giant Majin, Super Strong Majin & New Strong Majin beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Osamu Nishimura & Shinya Makabe (7:07) when New Strong used a jumping elbow drop on Makabe.

3. Jushin Thunder Liger beat Katsuhiko Nakajima (7:27) with a crab hold.

4. Grudge Match: Josh Barnett beat Ken Shamrock (13:13) by DQ

5. Dolgorsuren Sumiyabazar & Dolgorsuren Serjbudee (Blue Wolf) beat Genichiro Tenryu & Meng (8:30) when Serjbudee used the Mongol Hammer on Meng.

6. Yuji Nagata & Kendo Kashin beat Kensuke Sasaki & Manabu Nakanishi (16:58) when Nagata used a backdrop hold on Nakanishi

7. IWGP Tag Team Title: Yoshihiro Takayama & Minoru Suzuki © beat Masahiro Chono & Kazunari Murakami (15:42) when Suzuki used a Gotch-style piledriver on Murakami (2nd defense).

8. New Japan vs. K-1: Yutaka Yoshie beat The Convict Nortje (Jan Nortje) (3:31) with a camel clutch

9. New Japan vs. K-1: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Sean O'Haire (7:35) with a Dragon sleeper.

10. New Japan vs. K-1: Musashi beat Katsuyori Shibata (R2) by KO.

11. New Japan vs. K-1 - IWGP Heavyweight Title: Bob Sapp © beat Shinsuke Nakamura (12:30) with a Beast bomb (1st defense).

From Puroresufan.com, of course.

Attendance was 40-42000 or so from what I've heard. Aside from the opener, this looks really bad.

Guest Black Tiger

45,000 in the Dome at a show headlined by the biggest name in sports. I don't have the info at my finger tips, but I'd guess this has to be one of the lowest, if not the lowest Tokyo Dome shows of all time. I guess this proves that Bob Sapp isn't exactly the huge draw NJPW hoped he'd be.

With that said though, I'm glad he kept the belt. This way if he gets a few defenses under his belt, it'll just mean that much more when he does lose it.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Koji Kanemoto, Ultimo Dragon & American Dragon beat Heat,

Tiger Mask & Naomichi Marufuji (18:40)when American used a leglock suplex hold on Heat

Anyone hear if this was as good as it looked. They did give it almost 20 minutes..............

Koji Kanemoto, Ultimo Dragon & American Dragon beat Heat,

Tiger Mask & Naomichi Marufuji (18:40)when American used a leglock suplex hold on Heat

Anyone hear if this was as good as it looked. They did give it almost 20 minutes..............

I've heard it was good, though without crowd heat until the end of the match.

Guest Black Tiger
I've heard it was good, though without crowd heat until the end of the match.

Not a surprise there. Domes are traditionally lousy settings for the junior matches, though supposedly the IWGP Jr Tag Title match from last May's Dome show got decent heat.