TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

From The Inside With Jeremy Borash

05.01.04 | "From The Inside" with Jeremy Borash

The views expressed in the following article do not necessarily reflect

the views of TNA Entertainment, its employees, or its parent company.

Although it often fails at doing so, it is meant for the sole purpose of

entertaining the readers on NWATNA.com, and the author's minimalistic

group of friendly professional acquaintances.

Greetings once again. Writing this somewhere over Little Rock en route to LA for the weekend. In my WCW years, I lived on the road with my laptop. These days, it's all about the T-Mobile Sidekick. It looks like a tiny laptop that doubles as a phone. I completely recommend them for anyone on the go that relies on the net to communicate. Jeff Jarrett and D-Lo Brown both have them as well. It also slices, dices, and makes delicious julian fries.

Wednesday night featured the first title defense of Styles World Title era V.2, with a controversial win over Ron Killings. This week, AJ is wasting no time defending his World Title as he takes on Raven. AJ and Raven have had some incredible matches in the past, and will tear the house down this Wednesday.

In a "wish I would have had a video camera to recorded her reaction" moment, I brought Desire into my editing area at the Asylum to view the video package of her breaking her back Wednesday before the show. She had never seen the footage before. It was a pretty emotional moment, and one I'm not sure I'll ever forget. I'm not sure I can put into words how impactful this whole experience was to her, so I knew this was going to be heavy, but in a good way. She has recovered and I've always felt that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and she is a great example. We watched it once, then again, and a few more times. She still has some occasional tightness on the impact point on her back, but otherwise has made a full recovery.

Don't ever take for granted what the amazing athletes in this profession do out there to entertain you. This can be a very dangerous sport. Also don't ever forget about the work of the ring announcers as well, as they provide some of the best brewed coffee to their superiors in the biz.

The Truth has really picked up momentum as far as popularity with the fans. Speaking of which...

An update on the fan dynamic at the world famous TNA Asylum... I'm proud to announce that the TNA's "heel section" is dead (They are not actually dead... I don't believe... although I can't say for sure... we haven't seen them around much... if by chance they are indeed dead... they will be missed...) Instead, they have been replaced by a much funnier, much more original group of fans. The talent seems to like them too and is often seen mingling at post show get togethers. In an informal poll... these fans are most supportive of Ron Killings, and enjoy heckling Frankie Kazarian the most. The group seems to be lead by popular local radio personality "Doogie" of Nashville's 102.9 the Buzz, although he could not be reached for comment.

Irish Pat Kenney is a very successful semi-professional ball player on the weekends. Glenn Gilberti, who is a semi-professional jackass the entire week, was heard taunting Kenney because he struck out twice in the same game last Sunday... nevermind that Kenney is considered one of the top three players in the entire league. We'll keep you posted on Kenney's progress, as well as the vast topics we will be relentlessly taunting Gilberti about.

By the way, Gilberti's new TNA trading card is the only one that drops in value if he personally autographs it.

Scott Hudson may be the luckiest man alive after hearing his first hand account of his car accident. His car was on the losing end of a squash match with an 18 wheeler, yet he came out without a only a few bumps and bruises. The man upstairs was definitely looking out for him.

Met a few cast members out on the town earlier this week from the Real World San Diego. With the exception of Jonny Fairplay who was born to be in the spotlight, most reality show stars I've met are dolts. It really has bred a new kind of celebrity. My reality show idea is to have cameras follow around the Big Bossman and his family, and call it "Everybody Loves Raymond Trailor."

A loaded lineup this Wednesday night, with Abyss taking on the returning Erik Watts, The first best of 3 between Sonjay Dutt and Amazing Red, Trinity vs. Desire, Team Canada vs. Team NWA, and Styles vs. Raven for the NWA World Championship.

Have a great weekend and we will see you back this Wednesday night on PPV!

Jeremy Borash

Weird stuff about the Heel section.

I predict AJ beats Raven by DQ this week, and they set up a rematch down the road in a hardcore ladder match.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Scott Hudson may be the luckiest man alive after hearing his first hand account of his car accident. His car was on the losing end of a squash match with an 18 wheeler, yet he came out without a only a few bumps and bruises. The man upstairs was definitely looking out for him.

Ouch, what a lucky bastard. To add some comedy, glad to see Borash using stupid wrestling lingo to describe someone almost getting Hulksterized (18-wheeler running into a smaller vehicle anyone?).