TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

PBP During Show

I know this is a waste of a post. But this is how I feel after tonight.

*sighs and shakes head*

Meltzer seemed to like the show, and said the Styles/Raven match and the X-Cup clusterfuck were both very good.

I don't know if I'll order a replay or not yet.

The multi-person suplex yoke had me giggling for the rest of the show, looked so stupid.

Perfectly acceptable show, still think they're idiots for blowing AJ/Killings and AJ/Raven over the course of two weeks though.

Guest JacK

Yeah, they are kinda sorta HUGE wastes. They couldda built both those up into decent feuds. Especially Raven, they got the whole history thing goin on. And that feuds was over number one contendership . . . they could feud over the title . . . it all makes sense.

Guest TDinDC1112

The show was ok, but the 8-man tag was GREAT. AJ-Raven was pretty good too.

The show as a whole left me with a "eh it was alright" feel, as I just see so much potential with alot of the workers and ideas, but they are just not implimented to its full capacity. Most of this is the booking, as it just seems predictable and too formulmatic, and at times, very illogical. A real issue I have with the stuff as of late is that time seems limited on most matches. Plus the context of the matches arent going anywhere for the most part. I'm SO sick of the main events, and in particular the world title matches, having this formula that you can see coming a mile away. Ref bump, interference, screwjob finish. They still are trying to keep everyone in the title hunt though, which is good, but it just seems so stale in the way they are doing it. I'm also really tired of the recaps that take up a significant amount of time on ppv each week. I think most of the people who are checking these shows out do so each and every week, hence they dont need a reminder over and over about what happened the week before. Plus thats what the countdown show is for too.

The opening stuff was alright if it will continue to be followed up on. I think someone at least realizes that Killings is talent and needs to be kept in the picture, not just duped down from last week's title loss. So TNA deserves credit here on that level, at least they just didnt blow him off now.

Douglas-Shane was actually alright, but this is just a feud that hardly anyone can get into. The crowd was apathetic towards it all.

Red-Dutt was alright....they seemed to be working towards a finale that will be likely really good. Very mat based which was weird to see out of these two.

8 man tag was GREAT, this match is worth getting a replay if anything. Was concerned about losing Hart and Evans on TC, but it seems like it shouldnt be a problem. I'm looking forward to this World X Cup for sure.

Watts and Abyss sucked ass, I hope this Watts-Golidlocks thing is ended quick.

Trinity-Desire was shitty too, worse than I thought it could be but at least it was fast. Trinity could be used so much better. I liked the angle after the match though with Kenney.

Main event was ok but it just seemed to be there, and that finish really hurt it. I think the idea (and Meltzer mentioned this too in his report) is that they are doing these "big" matches (with little heat oddly enough) one after another so that Styles gets worn out, supposedly has gone through all of the top contenders, and then has to face Jarrett, who then beats him when he is less than at 100 percent. I dont like this idea at all (Jarrett winning it back, period) unless it is then shifted to someone else (even Styles) soon after the TV deal is up and running. I think that the best idea would have been for Raven to have the belt leading into the TV deal (I honestly think he's more of a draw than Jarrett) and then Styles could have regained the belt down the road. But whatever I guess. At least Styles is being treated alot better than he did his first reign, but the problem is that it's going to be so short lived.

I dont know what it is exactly, maybe they need more talent to fill the holes.....maybe they need a better crowd that is into things more......or maybe its just that the booking is stale......but something needs a swift kick in the ass, I know that much. In preparation for the TV deal which is now a go, the company seems to need almost a complete restructural overhaul of changes to really make the impending new fanbase think this is a legitimate alternative to WWE.

Guest Donners

The 8-man match is getting some superb reviews. Also good to see a show without Jarrett at all, and with little of Russo. Sounds quite good all up.