TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Museite

Euro 2004

Denmark-Italy will be the first game we get here on FSW, but we do get it live, so its not that bad. I'll check out that soccer-streams place this weekend, thanks for all the help.

Guest CurryMan

Just joined the league, team name is Rude Boys [sWE]. My thought about picking out the team was to have some "star players" and some cheap players who I thought might get some points or atleast play frequent.

I might get round to doing one tomorrow, trouble is due to his retirement and Belgium not even being there I can't pick the legend that was Marc Wilmots in my dream team. I ALWAYS had him in any World Cup/Euro Champs teams, i'm sure ther'es another bargain of a goalscoring midfielder in there somewhere.

i'm sure ther'es another bargain of a goalscoring midfielder in there somewhere.

Pick Kim kallstrom of Sweden, he's a bargain.He also takes the Free Kicks for Sweden so he should get at least 2 goals during the tournament.

Edit: What C*** has a team called the South Bristol Chokers(Even though it's true)

Edited by deancoles411

Heres my dream team:

Manager

Luiz Felipe Scolari

Oliver Kahn

John Terry

Alessandro Nesta

Jaap Stam

Marcel Desailly

Pavel Nedved

Clarence Seedorf

Marc Overmars

Edgar Davids

Marian Pahars

Thierry Henry

Guest wayzing
I might do a team later. Predictions for England-France, anyone? I'm feeling optimistic so I'm going for 1-0 England.

I played football with a team of Englishmen yesterday and the team has a poll where everybody made predictions for every single game in the opening rounds.

Me predicting France vs England 2-0 was not met with the "well, I guess that makes sense" I thought it granted. I think I need to work on my timing :D

Look, heres the thing with England, the better the opposition, the better we play, and the worse the opposition the less we can lift our game, I'm going for a 1-1 draw

Look, heres the thing with England, the better the opposition, the better we play, and the worse the opposition the less we can lift our game, I'm going for a 1-1 draw

Guest wayzing

I hope you can pull if off but it would have to be considered a minor upset if you take a point of France imho.

I'll make predictions for each of the first games. Too hard to do all three since things change, and so I can cover my ass later on!

Group A

Portugal 2, Greece 0 (I just think Portugal will be fired up at home, not that Greece won't be ready to play either!)

Spain 1, Russia 1 (I am torn, not sure which Spain will show up to play)

Group B

Croatia 1, Switzerland 0

France 2, England 1 (I think this will be a hell of a game, but England will fall just short. Hope I'm wrong though.)

Group C

Italy 2, Denmark 0

Bulgaria 1, Sweden 0 (I'll make this my upset of the first batch of games, and I bet I will be wrong too!)

Group D

Germany 2, Netherlands 1 (I think this will be one of the best games of the first set of games)

Czech Republic 1, Latvia 0

Guest wayzing
Bulgaria 1, Sweden 0 (I'll make this my upset of the first batch of games, and I bet I will be wrong too!)

Principle's office in five, young man!

Guest wayzing

:D That's cool.

If you're right about the Germany-Holland game I'd say that's your upset right there.

I know I'm stretching it a little bit now but I hope Sweden wins the group because no.2 in our group probably faces Holland in the quarter finals. Behind France they're my pick to go all the way this year.

Group A

Portugal 3 Greece 0 (Being the home team will be an advantage. Greece shouldn't be push-overs, but I suspect the Portguese will be fired up)

Spain 2 Russia 0 (Spain always fail to impress. But I don't rate the Russians)

Group B

Croatia 2 Switzerland 2 (Close...I think the Swiss'll shock people)

France 3 England 1 (Should be a great game. But once France get in their stride, no-one'll stop them. Especially without Terry at the back.)

Group C

Italy 0 Denmark 0 (There's always one boring game. This may be it.)

Bulgaria 1 Sweden 2 (Close one, but Sweden should nick it)

Group D

Germany 2 Netherlands 3 (Two shoddy defences should mean goals galore.)

Czech Republic 4 Latvia 0 (Czechs look good. Latvia...bleh.)

Yeah I've heard the Czechs' look good, I just didn't know if they had a style of play which would put up a lot of goals, so I just went safe and went 1-0.

Guest wayzing
Italy 0 Denmark 0 (There's always one boring game. This may be it.)

I might come off as biased here but even though they tend to be kinda sloppy in the early stages Italy will kill Denmark in this game.

Their best player, Thomas Gravesen, won't play the first game since he was sent off in the last qualification game. he's not only a star player himself. He's the general on the team and he makes the rest of the team better when he's on the pitch.

As if that's not bad enough for the Danes, Chelsea's Jesper Grønkjær won't play either due to very unfortunate family matters. He might turn up later but he won't be there against Italy.

Without these two Denmark doesn't have enough to stop Italy. Jon Dahl Thomasen always scores for Denmark so I predict 3-1 with Italy dominating the game.

I like game by game picks since so much can change, but we need to make quarterfinal picks before Saturday too.

My goal is to see if I can use my "expertise" to get about 3 to 4 of the 8 teams right!

Here's my Group Stage predictions Deano's Euro 2004 group Predictions

The quarter Finals will look like this IMO.

Spain(Group A Winners) vs. England(Group B Runners up)

France(Group B winners) vs. Portugal(Group A Runners up)

Italy(Group C Winners) vs. Holland(Group D Runners Up)

Czech Republic(Group D Winners) vs. Sweden(Group C Runners Up)

Then in the Semi's I think Italy will beat England and I can see Czech Republic beating France due to the aging defence that France have.

Italy should then beat Czech republic 1-0 in the final.

Golden Boot: Henry

I can also see Latvia having about 9 players in the Engliash leagues next year, kind of like Norway a few years ago.

Guest wayzing
Well, I finally got around to look closer at the bracketings and here we go.

Major spoiler warning :D

Here are the semi-finals:

Spain vs. Italy

France vs. Holland

I predicted these semifinals about a week ago and I stand by them.

Quarterfinals:

Spain (a1) vs England (b2)

France (b1) vs. Portugal (a2)

Italy (c1) vs. Czech Republic (d2)

Holland (d1) vs. Sweden (c2)

Semifinals:

Spain vs. Italy

France vs. Holland (Pleeeaaase let this match happen sooner or later)

Final:

Holland vs. Italy 2-1

Any predictions on a young player to shine at the tournament? I say Cech or Kallstrom get a lot of praise(they both play for Rennes in France as well although Cech is going to Chelsea to be back Up GK) and Kallstrom could easily get a move to a Mid Table premiership Side like Aston Villa(mellberg is there) or Bolton.

Have a look at Belgiums left back, Van Damme, hes 19 years old, played reguarly for Ajax in the champions league, but was second behind their brazilian left back, hes supposed to be really fucking good.

Guest CurryMan

It wouldn´t be that of a huge upset if the Czechs would win, they have a great team who played extremly well to get to Euro 2004 and they have perhaps the greatest midfielder right now with Nedved.

I´m so excited over it finally is going to get going :)

Here is the result from me for todays matches

Portugal - Greece 2-0 - Portugal will start off strong infront of there homefans. Greece is not that of a bad team but they can´t match Portugal on home turf.

Spain - Russia 3-1 - Spain is good this year I beliew of course they will not win, they always chokes but they will reach far this year perhaps the semi.

Portugal - Greece 3-1

Greece brings a good fighting effort, but they'll be overmatched by Portugal's skills with the ball.

Spain - Russia 1-0

Spain will start with a disappointing one goal win over one of the worst teams of the tournament.

Portugal 4 - Greece 0

I think the Portugese will start on fire

Russia 1 - Spain 1

First shock of the tournament for me, this leaves spain playing catchup.