TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

Any news on the "nwa Tna VideoGame" ???

Guest glennsoe

Just wondering if there has been any talk lately about the "Nwa Tna videogame" or has it been scrapped for "better times" ???

- Glenn -

Guest Hot Ticket
Just wondering if there has been any talk lately about the "Nwa Tna videogame" or has it been scrapped for "better times" ???

- Glenn -

I dunno, I'd think you'd have a two line news item that would tell us and then repeat it for about the next four of five topics.

I really dont even think it was for real. TNA seems to think theyre important so were more than likely hoping some company would like to make their games.

I think I might of heard a rumor about one almost a year ago but, Obvioulsy it was just a rumor. I havent heard anything else about any NWA-TNA games, I think it would be pretty awesome if they did make one though.

The rumor I heard awhile ago was NWA:TNA and EA was working on bring out a wrestling game, I later heard that the deal was done. When I'm at work tomorrow I'll look through a few things to see if maybe I can find out if a release date is on it or not. But I can't promise I'll be able to get one.

Guest MikeSC
The rumor I heard awhile ago was NWA:TNA and EA was working on bring out a wrestling game, I later heard that the deal was done. When I'm at work tomorrow I'll look through a few things to see if maybe I can find out if a release date is on it or not. But I can't promise I'll be able to get one.

The fact that EA hasn't announced anything resembling a deal before E3 --- and considering how insanely tiny TNA's audience --- indicates that the EA deal (which, mind you, Mike Tenay shot down months ago) is non-existant.

-=Mike

hmm, I only heard of EA never THQ, but whatever. I looked around a bit and didn't find anything.

I dunno, I'd think you'd have a two line news item that would tell us and then repeat it for about the next four of five topics.

Was that really necessary?

Anyway, as I asked in another thread in which this came up: Isn't THQ still under contract with WWE? I would assume Acclaim and EA sports would be available, but THQ makes the WWE games. EA sports made those miserable WCW games and Acclaim made the early WWE and ECW games. Would the TNA games be just as bad as those?

Guest MikeSC

Was that really necessary?

Anyway, as I asked in another thread in which this came up: Isn't THQ still under contract with WWE? I would assume Acclaim and EA sports would be available, but THQ makes the WWE games. EA sports made those miserable WCW games and Acclaim made the early WWE and ECW games. Would the TNA games be just as bad as those?

Nobody is making any TNA game.

Period.

-=Mike

A TNA game isn't in the works at all. The entire article was created to drum up interest in a possible game and possibly bring in buy rates.

Now, if the company was smart, they'd go to Bam Entertainment who have the rights to release Fire Pro Wrestling stateside, and then have them produce a TNA game with the FPW engine.

Guest glennsoe

I emailed Dave Scherer of prowrestlinginsider.com to ask him the question and this is what he said;

" Thanks for the kind words. All I can tell you on that is that I know they are in production on it and it will be out soon.

Take care!

Dave Scherer

www.PWInsider.com"

This is from one the most respected reporters out there....So take it for what you will....

- Glenn -

Guest MikeSC
I emailed Dave Scherer of prowrestlinginsider.com to ask him the question and this is what he said;

" Thanks for the kind words. All I can tell you on that is that I know they are in production on it and it will be out soon.

Take care!

Dave Scherer

www.PWInsider.com"

This is from one the most respected reporters out there....So take it for what you will....

- Glenn -

He doesn't mention a name of any company --- and TNA is too small-time to serve as a useful "shocking announcement" for a company.

Until a company is named, I don't believe it --- Scherer doesn't have souces in the video game industry.

-=Mike

EA sports made those miserable WCW games.  Would the TNA games be just as bad as those?

Def Jam Vendetta.

Market it under EA's "Big" licsense with the DJV/No Mercy Engine, and you have atleast, a decent game. Better than all the WCW games, atleast.

Of course, they have to have a deal, first.

If TNA is still working with EA, that means AKI will most likely be making it. AKI produced WCW vs the world, WCW Revenage, WWF Wrestlemania, WWF No Mercy, and Def Jam Vendetta, and their currently making Def Jam 2.