TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Metallica Live

Yeah except the "what I heard" was recent concert recordings.

Suit yourself. I don't think on either night I went, there was one person who seemed disappointed when it was over...

Yeah except the "what I heard" was recent concert recordings.

Suit yourself. I don't think on either night I went, there was one person who seemed disappointed when it was over...

People wanted them to keep playing on Wednesday night. Half of us were still down by the stage when the guards told us we had to leave.

Just got back!!! :headbang:

Oh my god, was that awesome in every way.

First, the Meet and Greet: Got to meet all 4 (one at a time), and they took some time with each person to sign, take a picture and chat. I got all 4 to sign my St. Anger cd case (Rob and Kirk on the front, James and Lars on the inside), and my white 2001 Metclub T-shirt.

Rob was up first, and shorter than I thought he'd be but with HUGE arms. I asked him if he remembered making "Degradation Trip" with Jerry Cantrell, and he said he did and it was awesome. I asked what Jerry's up to, and he said he's finally gotten himself healthy because he was in rough shape (didn't know this! :huh: ) and he's ready to make new music. He struck his crazy metal horn pose with me, and I thanked him.

Kirk was next up, and as he signed St. Anger, I said the only that would make it better would be some Kirk Hammet solos, he said: "next album, I promise." Sweet. I also joked with him about their recent appearence on The Jane Pauly show, (Kirk showed her how to play a powerchord on a guitar at the end), and I asked if she's joining the band, and he said "maybe as a backup singer". :lol:

James was next and he is larger than life. I'm a short person and he's pretty tall, but his whole presence is just huge. He was very nice though, and I asked him about the Presideo recordings they did before they recorded St. Anger that I heard would be released as a soundtrack to the Some Kind Of Monster movie, but he said they decided they shouldn't be released that way and they need to stand on their own. I said I'd love to hear them some day, to hear the outtakes, but he quickly corrected "they're not outtakes, they're full songs", so I commented I liked the song "Temptation" that plays in the movie, and he said he "loved" that one.

Lars was last and of course made us wait (we could have caught Godsmack if he didn't take so long!) but once he came in he was all smiles and very nice to everyone always making eye contact and asking everyone how they were. I asked if there were any suprises on tonight's setlist and he said "oh yeah, there's one suprise", which got me quite excited (ended up being The God That Failed), and told him I'd be at the show in Philly on Tuesday, so to play lots of new and different songs that day, so he started joking "ok, just for YOU! We'll play different songs for you". Amazing that it all passed so quickly, but definitely on awesome experience.

Arrived just at the end of Godsmack's set, so I can't really comment on them. Metallica though was flat out unbelievable. This is my third time seeing them and it was by far the best. They just had so much energy on the stage it was unreal. The setlist was awesome too, maybe the best they've ever played. They played for a long time too, and after Enter Sandman when they were just throwing out picks and it looked like it was over, a lot of people cleared out, then all of a sudden they start jamming again and James starts making fun of the "people who went to their cars to beat the traffic. You can't get rid of Metallica that easy!" and they busted out Disposable Heroes and Seek and Destroy as encores. Excellent show, had an amazing time. I can't wait to develop the pictures. Here's the setlist:

Blackened

Fuel

Sad But True

No Leaf Clover

Ride The Lightning

The Unforgiven

The God That Failed

St. Anger

I Disappear

Creeping Death

Fight Fire With Fire

--------

Fade To Black

Nothing Else Matters

Master Of Puppets

One

Enter Sandman

--------

Disposable Heroes

Seek And Destroy

FUCK THATS A WICKED SETLIST

fade to black AND seek and destroy

fade to black is my favorite metallica song, oh well maybe next time i see em

My friend let me know that the 2nd show in Philly was absolutely awful.

I last saw them at Vets Stadium last summer and feel it was their best show ever. I was surprised to hear of his dissapointment.

Your friend was incorrect imho.

I was at the second show, it was amazing.

^Kill the street teamer

Hey, you can look at it as another money making venture (it is, and its brilliant) but you can also look at it as a very cool idea. I mean, I know I wish I had soundboard quality recordings of all concerts I've attended! So, really it's just an a heads up to the people in this thread who might want to buy their show...

Yeah, I bought it for my gf since I felt bad she missed the show. Now she can listen to it while bored at school.

Obviously I'm keeping a copy for myself but it wasn't horrible at 10 bucks at pop. Bout 21 mp3s so the price doesn't royally suck.