TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Si82

Patriot down on his luck?

Authentic match worn outfit of The Patriot!

I was just browsing through e-Bay when I cam across the above item. It seems, that like Jim Duggan and Dusty Rhodes before him, that the Patriot is now whoring off his old wrestling gear in order to make a quick buck or 500.

I was wondering if their were any other weird/wonderful e-Bay auctions from wrestlers try to sell old gear other than those mentioned above?

the mask is pretty cool, it sucks that he's selling cars now.

I was always a big Patriot fan. I liked him ever since I first saw him in Global Wrestling in the early '90s on the Sportschannel (or was it ESPN? can't remember...). I wouldn't mind having the mask, but no way I'd pay $500 for the whole outfit.

It sucked that he got injured during his big feud with Bret Hart, and then basically had to retire and sold the gimmick to Tom Brandi (is he still around too?).

Guest Dynamite Kido
It was Wilkes fault, since he abused roids.

I think painkillers were more of his drug of choice.

It sucked that he got injured during his big feud with Bret Hart, and then basically had to retire and sold the gimmick to Tom Brandi (is he still around too?).

I remember that feud, I thought it was awful. And the "Uncle Slam" was the worst finisher ever.

Brandi works the indies as both Patriot and Sal Sincere. I've seen some shows where he works as both characters in the same night.

And yet the moment I most remember him for was getting tossed out really quickly in the 1998 Royal Rumble by Cactus Jack and Terry Funk...or Chainsaw Charlie. Whichever you perfer.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I remember that feud, I thought it was awful. And the "Uncle Slam" was the worst finisher ever.

I agree not the best finisher ever.........but it IS better than the F-U, and nobody will convince me otherwise.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Trying to remember...what was the Uncle Slam again?

Oh...and I still find it funny that Patriot's WWF theme has done MUCH better with Kurt Angle.

Uncle Slam was basically a modified full nelson suplex

Oh...and I still find it funny that Patriot's WWF theme has done MUCH better with Kurt Angle.

Not even, he just picked the guy up in a full nelson and slammed him down. A full nelson (dragon) suplex would've been cool.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Not even, he just picked the guy up in a full nelson and slammed him down. A full nelson (dragon) suplex would've been cool.

That's why I put the modified part. Not that it was modified in a good way.........

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think I mentioned it in a Misc. Federations folder, but I get a kick out of seeing a Indy show result in PWI where Tom Brandi, The Patriot, and Salvatore Sincere ALL compete in the same night.

Guest BobBacklundRules

So when will the smark that bought the Hart manison, Duggan's shorts and Dusty's tights buy this and start up that museum that will never happen?

I remember Buff Bagwell had an auction for a one-on-one meeting with him or some shit. Funniest part about it was that nobody paid.

I remember that. It was for a 5 minute phone call from him and the highest I remember seeing go it up was like $80. :lol:

By the way, I've seen some of Randy Savage's outfits being sold on E-Bay for like $800.

By the way, I've seen some of Randy Savage's outfits being sold on E-Bay for like $800.

I remember Randy's auctions.

Thing is, Randy's outfits were fucking awesome looking. I wouldn't have minded owning one of those.

But Jim Duggan's stinky underwear? No no.

Guest EugeneMark

I'm still disapointed I didn't win the auction to spend 2 hours with RoadDogg. We could have sat down and watched his matches of the Real Double J for 2 hours!

Guest JacK

Raven's constantly auctioning off his stuff like attires and what not on ebay. He links to it from his website too, www.theraveneffect.com . . . I never bother to check to see how much they are though - there's something vaguely seedy about buying clothes another man has worn/sweated/bled in.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Well memorabilia shouldn't be worn in the first place. But I don't know who would want to wear Jim Duggan & Dusty Rhodes' ass stained underpants.

Imagine if Duggan lost his blue tights and shadily sent a random pair of blue underwear to the winner.

The winner would be pissed, and then try to complain to EBay.

"No, I wanted the pair that HE wore!" (while showing a picture of fat-ass, stinky Duggan)