TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kahran Ramsus

Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Does anyone actually know how old the three major children actors are? I remember them looking very young in the first, but those crazy growth spurts kids have...

Anyway, the age isn't much of a problem I don't think. Once they get to the fifth book/film, the age won't matter cause they will at least look the part and won't change as much as they have in the last couple of years.

The age of the characters in Prisoner of Azkaban is 13-14, depending on when their birthdays are.

Daniel Radcliffe will be 15 in July.

Emma Watson just turned 14 last month.

Rupert Grint is 15.

Tom Felton will be 17 this year.

Guest croweater

I love how everything in the book is fantasy, yet suspension of disbelief doesn't seem to be able to overcome a 1 year age difference.

Guest croweater

Every time he did that massive fake smile I just wanted to shatter his teeth.

I really didn't like either of the first two movies. But for some reason I looked forward to both of them and am doing the same for this one

Guest Nanks

In fairness to the kid, he was never an actor before he got chosen for the role. He was discovered based purely on looks and then asked to be an actor in a sure-fire box office winner where he couldn't escape attention.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The age of the characters in Prisoner of Azkaban is 13-14, depending on when their birthdays are.

Rupert Grint is 15.

Well thats definitely not too bad in the long-run. I know I'm going to get yelled at for this, but who is Tom Feltons character? I think I know, but I don't want to make an ass out of myself....anymore than I usually do.

Rupert Grint is 15.

Well thats definitely not too bad in the long-run. I know I'm going to get yelled at for this, but who is Tom Feltons character? I think I know, but I don't want to make an ass out of myself....anymore than I usually do.

He plays Draco Malfoy, but he was always small for his age.

The big problem is that people who haven't read the books have this idea that Harry stays 11 in all of them. At least that was the big complaint from that last movie, that Harry wasn't a cute little kid anymore. Well, duh, he's not supposed to be. He's a teenager for the vast majority of the series, and it is supposed to represent the high school years.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Hmmm, I always thought Draco looked a bit older....I guess thats the only real problem. I didn't notice it much in the first one, but all of a sudden his vocie seemed much deeper and grew a lot for the second.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Changing the main characters would fuck the series up.

And BBCW, if the films are released every 7-8 months and the books aren't even released each year, they're going to have to slow down on the film releases.

I mean, obviously they wouldn't make the film before the book, and they were just able to release them at that speed because the books were ahead.

I'm not to worried about the ages. Wasn't Nicholas Brendon in his 30's when he was playing a high school kid in buffy?

I dunno, but really it depends on how well the actor ages onscreen. Like, for instance, Gabrielle Carteris, who I believe was 30 when 90210 started. The first couple of years, they could pass her off as a high schooler, but one day, it was like she aged 20 years overnight. I could say the same about Ian Ziering, but the guy looked 27 through the entire run of the show.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
And BBCW, if the films are released every 7-8 months and the books aren't even released each year, they're going to have to slow down on the film releases.

Good point, IIRC the last book came out more than 18 months after the 4th one, which is just WAY too long considering they should be out one per year. Also if I recall, the first two or three came out fairly quickly next to each other but once the movies were being made, the whole process just slowed down because whats her name had to write for the movie too.

I'm not to worried about the ages. Wasn't Nicholas Brendon in his 30's when he was playing a high school kid in buffy?

I dunno, but really it depends on how well the actor ages onscreen. Like, for instance, Gabrielle Carteris, who I believe was 30 when 90210 started. The first couple of years, they could pass her off as a high schooler, but one day, it was like she aged 20 years overnight. I could say the same about Ian Ziering, but the guy looked 27 through the entire run of the show.

Never watched that show, so I don't remember that stuff.

Actually, Buffy's cast seems to be blessed with gracefull aging. Aly just turned 30, IIRC.

Anyhoo, I don't think the kids will grow up to fast. But I would be suprised if they did all the films- I would think that they would be worried about typecasting.

In fairness to the kid, he was never an actor before he got chosen for the role. He was discovered based purely on looks and then asked to be an actor in a sure-fire box office winner where he couldn't escape attention.

For some reason, this brings to mind the Simpsons ep with Millhouse as Fallout Boy

As for the movie, I've never read the books, but I did see the first two and will probably see this one with the g/f (who has read them) as well

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Good point, IIRC the last book came out more than 18 months after the 4th one, which is just WAY too long considering they should be out one per year. Also if I recall, the first two or three came out fairly quickly next to each other but once the movies were being made, the whole process just slowed down because whats her name had to write for the movie too.

Yeah. I think she's got all 7 books written right now (at least, that's what everyone reckons). If they keep coming out at the rate between The Goblet of Fire and The Order of the Phoenix, which was about a 3 year hiatus, then it's going to be 5 years before they're all out, and that'll do hell for the relatively quick film releases.

Guest croweater

I'm expecting the next one to come out at christmas this year or early next year.

I know it probably won't and it will be 3 years apart or something.

But I'm expectant.

.....I also expect disapointment