TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

A Free Video Editing Program

Well, my Windows Movie Maker 1 is being dumb, so does anyone know of a free/shareware video editing program that lets me make cuts, splices, and simple transitions? Thanks in advance!

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

Try updating to Windows Movie Maker 2 with Windows Update or here first, might fix your problem.

Don't waste your time editing with a PC.

If this is just for little stuff, like 5 mins tops, then a PC is okay. But if you are going to be serious about it and really want to learn, go get yourself a Mac. Or just steal on somehow.

Final Cut Pro would be the best for a Mac.

Guest macheteofodin

You have Windows Me?? I'm so sorry to hear that.

ABC Video Roll had some positive reviews. You may want to check that out.

I don't want to get into a Mac vs. PC debate, but the only reasons people choose to use a Mac over a PC are:

1. The system and OS are prettier to look at

2. People feel elite when they own a Mac because they are ridiculously expensive

3. The non-truth that a Mac is better than a PC for "multimedia purposes"

I'm not putting down Macs, but it is just a myth that they are better at a/v editing than PCs. OSX is superior to Windows, this is true, however for a/v editing both are on par. It's just a matter of which a/v program one is comfortable with. If Final Cut Pro is your cup of tea, you HAVE to get a Mac. If Adobe Premiere is, you can go either way. If Sony Vegas is, you HAVE to get a PC. It is just a matter of getting the most out of your program. I've actually seen videos made with Windows Movie Maker that looked better than ones done in Premiere.

Rendering time is another issue. PCs have Macs beat in that aspect.

Don't waste your time editing with a PC.

If this is just for little stuff, like 5 mins tops, then a PC is okay. But if you are going to be serious about it and really want to learn, go get yourself a Mac. Or just steal on somehow.

Final Cut Pro would be the best for a Mac.

Hey, how is Final Cut Express compared to Pro? Any idea? I've only used express, and I was thinking about getting Pro, but I dont want to be lost when I get it. -JM