TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

Xbox Owners

You can change the settings, you know.

What are the options?

You can switch to the left stick turning left & right and strafe with the right stick.

Doesn't help--looking/aiming up/down is still a pain, because you have to constantly re-adjust going up hills while being pelted with enemy fire.

Kudos to those that can put up with it.

Three letters, my friend.

G------T-------A

Actually G------T-----A isn't in the top selling 5 for PS2, so :P

Three letters, my friend.

G------T-------A

Actually G------T-----A isn't in the top selling 5 for PS2, so :P

I'm pretty sure they were at one time, you know.

Unlike PS2, the X-Box isn't exactly bursting at the seams with dozens of great new games. The quality may be higher overall, but the number of great titles is lower. It's probably a less-extreme example of how almost any N64 game would be a hit because N64 owners were so starved for new games.

How many Halos have been sold overall, and how many GTA3/VCs have been sold? I don't care for any of those games, but I'm curious. It would allow for a more accurate comparison, at least.

Also, isn't Fight Night the number 1 selling X-Box game? Where is it listed X-Box still is the 4th top selling X-Box game?

NPD.

PS2 GRAND THEFT AUTO:VICE 5,973,585

PS2 GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 5,358,994

XBX HALO 3,184,744

US only though.

I'd say the PS2 GTAs probably got higher numbers internationally as well, since they have the higher market penetration...plus about 3 Japanese people own X-Boxes.

What about the X-Box double pack?

I'll know by the end of this week which are the top 30 for every system New and Used game wise. I'll post the top 5 for each system as soon as I see the lists and get off work.

I don't know, Full Spectrum Warrior and Riddick just came out and my store was sold out the first day they came out.

I must just be missing when all these great PS2 games come out.

The last 5 games I've purchased were: Full Spectrum Warrior, Chronicles of Riddick, Ninja Gaiden, The Suffering and Splinter Cell 2. Only one of those is currently available on another system.

Nah Splinter Cell 2 will be by the end of this month but very toned down.

Alright saw the list and heres are the important ones..

Xbox: 1. Theif

2. Halo

Ps2: There wasn't a grand theft auto on the new list, used it was 1 or something but it wasn't on the new list.

If I get a moment i'll write it all down.

If you're an RPG fan then KOTOR is awesome. As everyone probably already said, Halo is 3 years old but still the best console FPS out there. I own a PS2 and X box and love em both. I play all my sports games on Ps2 however because I like the controller layout even though X box has better graphics.

I hate the X-Box controller layout. I have some friggin big hands, but it still is uncomfortable for fighting games. It's bad when you'd rather play a fighting game with a DC controller.

It's good enough for Metal Slug, though. :)

Oh, the much-hyped but delayed-until-no-one-cared-and-came-out-to-no-fanfare Malice is on PS2 as well. HA!

Guest Jim Ross
The Xbox has less buttons though, more accessible.

Doesnt the XBOX controller have the same amount of buttons as a PS2?

The Xbox has less buttons though, more accessible.

Doesnt the XBOX controller have the same amount of buttons as a PS2?

PS2: L1, L2, R1, R2, Square, Circle, Triangle, X, L3 and R3. (Start and Select)

X-Box: A, B, X, Y, L, R, White, Black, the Left and Right Thumbsticks, (Start, Back)

So technically, yeah the amount of buttons is the same, but the PS2 controller is far better, because of the size, shape, simpler design, and it doesn't have two buttons placed as awkwardly as the Black and White ones.

Guest Vitamin X

The PS2 Controller is smaller though, I think the Xbox has the simpler design as well. I guess I just don't like having two L and R buttons.

And the white and black buttons aren't used all that much, so really your primary buttons are A, B, X, Y, L, and R whereas PS2's primaries are L1, R1, R2, L2, Square, Circle, Triangle, and X.

two problems with PS2 Controller

Very small compaired to the better X-Box controller.

The Dual Analog sticks are in the way for the X and Square button.

The two L and R buttons

Guest Jim Ross
And the white and black buttons aren't used all that much, so really your primary buttons are A, B, X, Y, L, and R whereas PS2's primaries are L1, R1, R2, L2, Square, Circle, Triangle, and X.

I thought thats what you meant, my statement wasnt meant as a clever remark.

Personally i prefer the S-Controller or whatever its called.. I dont like how close the buttons are together on the larger X Box controller. The analogue sticks seem much more usable on the X Box too.. they just feel less touchy if that makes any sense.

two problems with PS2 Controller

Very small compaired to the better X-Box controller.

The Dual Analog sticks are in the way for the X and Square button.

The two L and R buttons

How is the PS2 controller too small?

I can practically hold those big-ass Saturn/Sega CD boxes by the long ends without dropping it and I still find the bulk of the X-Box controller uncomfortable.

Granted, I'm very much used to the PS2 controller, but the Dreamcast controller works well for me.

wow, i felt stupid after saying two, and listing three.

It PS2 controller is small in size. Everything is very clutter, and very uncomfortable playing for the PS2