TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

The Most Painful to watch matches

Most Steve Austin matches are absolute snoozers for me.

Taker/Kane-Kronik isnt as bad as many would lead you to believe, I think the smarks hatred for these teams is what got it that much hate. I watched it again recently, and aside from being slow paced, its like a regualr formula tag match, just really slow. not as offensive as say steiner-hhh or taker-austin from backlash 02 (30 mins of my life that I want back) taker-big show from nwo 03, not that bad but went on far too long, I was looking at my watch, and yelling "this match is still going on?" my friend was rotfl at that.

and I agree with rvd-lynn. The match is slow paced (cuz of rvds constant stalling and lynn getting legit hurt slowing it down some more) botches a few spots and just has nothing to it.

Now I dont have a big problem with botched moves, hey it happens. If wrestling were real, would even move hit with precision every time? NO. Just cover it better and move on (NO REPEATING THE SPOT) For example, Jericho-Benoit from backlash 2000, jericho goes to hit benoit (on the apron) with the springboard dropkick, Jericho misses but Benoit sells it like he meant that to happen and moved out of the way. Crowd totally bought it.

and brock really should not have tried the ssp at wm 19 when he got to the top, he knew he was too far away. He should have landed a flying elbow or something easy and got a two count, then looked up again and drag angle to a better position for it. Imagine if he had hit it perfectly. It would have forever be remembered as an awesome end to a great match, instead of "That match where Brock nearly crippled himself" But at least Kurt kinda moved out of the way to lessen the impact and then improvised a cover and 2 count to kinda make it look like that was meant to happen.

Kronik vs Taker/Kane must be HEAVILY edited on the DVD release because I've watched it to see how bad it was.... and it wasn't even that bad. Heatless, but not bad. Can anyone confirm editing?

I second Diesel/ Mabel...

I'll add Edge/ Kane from Backlash 2004

Guest Stunt Granny

The Rock vs. Goldberg, Backlash 2003. Goldberg was fucked before he even had a chance to get out of the blocks in WWE.

I'm surprised no one said anything about Undertaker vs. Big Bossman at Wrestlemania 15. Increased by Micheal Cole's horrific fear of losing a finger in the fence. Also Bossman being killed off at the end of the match was classic in a bad way too.

And since I'm thinking of The Undertaker, Royal Rumble '94 comes to mind as well.

Guest Choken One
Now I dont have a big problem with botched moves, hey it happens. If wrestling were real, would even move hit with precision every time? NO. Just cover it better and move on (NO REPEATING THE SPOT) For example, Jericho-Benoit from backlash 2000, jericho goes to hit benoit (on the apron) with the springboard dropkick, Jericho misses but Benoit sells it like he meant that to happen and moved out of the way. Crowd totally bought it.

and brock really should not have tried the ssp at wm 19 when he got to the top, he knew he was too far away. He should have landed a flying elbow or something easy and got a two count, then looked up again and drag angle to a better position for it. Imagine if he had hit it perfectly. It would have forever be remembered as an awesome end to a great match, instead of "That match where Brock nearly crippled himself" But at least Kurt kinda moved out of the way to lessen the impact and then improvised a cover and 2 count to kinda make it look like that was meant to happen.

Hitting a Flying Elbow at that Distance would have been even harder for the 295 lb beast considering he likely never even Attempted it before in his life

The only way it could have been saved was if Angle had done his Kip Up Pop up suplex attempt with Brock knocking him back down allowing for a closer range.

In all fairness...The Botched SSP was the best thing that could have happened to that match in a way.

Instead of being known as a Decent "eh" WM main event with a nice finish...it's forever known as the match where Brock proved his "toughness" and showed Angle COULD be a ring general; something he had been criticized about for his whole career.

Guest Choken One
I'm surprised no one said anything about Undertaker vs. Big Bossman at Wrestlemania 15. Increased by Micheal Cole's horrific fear of losing a finger in the fence. Also Bossman being killed off at the end of the match was classic in a bad way too.

And since I'm thinking of The Undertaker, Royal Rumble '94 comes to mind as well.

I thought the Finger comment was made at No Mercy for Brock/Taker...

and the Series Yoko/Taker was worst...At least the rumble match had wrestle crap greatness.

The series Match just had Jeff Jarrett getting knocked by Walker Texas Ranger.

What about Bushwhackers/Beverly Bros at 1992 Rumble?

Undertaker vs Jeff Jarrett - DX PPV December 1997

All the hype and shoot interviews they put into Jarretts character and he gets squashed in his first match by UT, and in the end the whole thing was just a way to generate more heat for Kane.

The Hogan/Nash retirement/world title match from Road Wild was pretty lacklustre, as was the buid up for it.

And David Arquette winning the World title deserves a mention as well.

The Mega-Powers vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, Kevin Sullivan, Meng, Barbarian, Zeus and Bane from Batman & Robin in a loser cage match with vaguely defined rules at Uncensored 96.

I agree that botched moves should be taken as just something that happens, and they shouldn't try to cover it - just go with it, and try to play it off as that guy's mistake, because hey, no one is perfect.

However, I don't think that repeating a spot should NEVER be done - depending on the circumstances, (especially with tables) it may be necessary to try the move again. And even if not necessary, if they can come up with a good way to cover the botch and go for the spot again, power to them. I think the best example was when...DX, maybe?...tried to put Buh-Buh through a table. It didn't break, so Buh-Buh rolled off and fired off a few punches, before getting beat down and put through the table properly. Nothing wrong with that, methinks.

Also, I don't think distance was Brock's problem. His timing was off. Like, he pretty much hits Angle with his head if I'm not mistaken, so he obviously could've cleared the distance. The thing is though, if you watch him, he goes to jump, and hesitates for a split-second. I really think that alone thows him off, because, like I said, his problem wasn't distance - it was the way that he landed. He never got his body around so he could land flat.

Whew...

The 1st Stairway to Hell match. Just a total car wreck.

HHH vs. UT at KOTR 2002. 25 boring-ass minutes with THE worst finish of the year. When people are more eager to see The Rock (who wasn't even wrestling) more than the advertised main, you're in trouble.

HHH vs. Steiner at the 2003 Rumble. Painful at first, but now it's just plain funny to watch. :lol:

Nathan Jones vs Scott Steiner @ WWA Eruption

This match was every bit as bad as it sounds. Jones was so awful, his hometown fans TURNED on him! They even had to bring out Sid to start a "Nathan" chant, which was drowned out by the boos. :lol: I also remember Steiner giving Jones the single worst sharpshooter I have ever seen. Probably the worst match this decade. Surprisingly, the show was pretty good, despite the awful ME, with the first ever Styles-Lynn match and Sabu-Crowbar(one of the best spotfests that year, but hardly anyone saw).

Guest Trivia247

ok here is another painful one to watch.

WM4 tournament match Rick Rude vs Jake Roberts

Painful NOT because the match was bad persay, but I knew that the match would end up a draw so it was literally 15 minutes of waiting for the bell to ring. Especially since 8 of those 15 minutes was a solid resthold by Ricky

ok here is another painful one to watch.

WM4 tournament match Rick Rude vs Jake Roberts

Painful NOT because the match was bad persay, but I knew that the match would end up a draw so it was literally 15 minutes of waiting for the bell to ring. Especially since 8 of those 15 minutes was a solid resthold by Ricky

Speaking of which, Tatanka vs. Lex Luger at KOTR 93 is pretty much the same way, although at least there they managed to pick it up for the last couple of minutes. Roberts/Rude was just a snoozer the whole way through. I hate that match.