TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rrrsh

By the IWC, Who is is the most Overrated Wrestler

I disagree. Brock's work with Show was pretty damned good post-Survivor Series 2002. Also, the Kurt/Brock feud was overrated, anyway, and the Eddy and Benoit matches were when he was coming into his own as a damn good wrestler and a great heel.

One question: When did Kurt ever become an in-ring general?

Guest acnx
Raven. In TNA in the last year he's had maybe 2-3 good matches, yet everywhere I go he's given verbal blowjobs non-stop just because he's hardcore.

I don't think people around here like Raven because he is hardcore, they love him because he is incredible on the mic, will not hesitate to elevate new talent, and because his matches are entertaining. They aren't technical masterpieces, but they are fun to watch. Helps that he sells like a fucking maniac, and has an amazing character.

Guest Ray
Lesnar was and still is very overrated, the guy only had good matches with in-ring generals like Kurt, Benoit and Eddy.

Angle is nowhere near a "ring general." His lack of ability to lead a long match is what lead to the poor quality of the Angle/Lesnar series.

Orton is very overrated too, the guy is getting the big gold belt at Summerslam and all he does is the 20 minute chinlock in his matches.

Do you know what "overrated" means? :huh: You're confusing it with "overpushed." Orton is in no way overrated, as he's constantly crapped on by most fans (at least, around here...).

Guest Kid Kablam

What are the major beefs against Angle, just so I can have them all in one spot. I dunno, I never saw exactly what people dislike about him other than the fact that Meltzler calls him the next Flair. Granted, I'm not the best at judging in ring work, but I would just like to know what the major flaws are.

Although I'm suprised no one has brought up. Not my opinion mind you, just that his name usualy surfaces during these discussions.

Unless opinions on him have changed drastically since I stopped watching in early '03, then the obvious answer is RVD.

Guest Ray
What are the major beefs against Angle, just so I can have them all in one spot. I dunno, I never saw exactly what people dislike about him other than the fact that Meltzler calls him the next Flair. Granted, I'm not the best at judging in ring work, but I would just like to know what the major flaws are.

In many ways, he *is* the next Flair, and that's not a good thing. Angle has many of Flair's bad habits - over-reliance on stooging and comedy, exposing himself, the need to get certain things into his matches no matter what the situation is, etc...