TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

TNA Officially Announces Action Figures

NWA:TNA sent out a press release this afternoon announcing that they had come to terms with Toy Biz to create a line of TNA action figures. PWInsider.com had broken the news about the partnership earlier this month. Toy Biz, which is owned by Marvel Comics, handled the action figure lines for World Championship Wrestling.

The complete release reads as follows:

TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH TOY BIZ

June 24, 2004 (Nashville, TN) -- TNA Entertainment, LLC, announced today that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) has granted Toy Biz, a division of Marvel Enterprises, Inc., the exclusive license to manufacture toys based on TNA’s entertainment programming.

“As TNA Wrestling enters the toy industry we are very excited to have the opportunity to work with a toy company as respected and prestigious as Toy Biz,” Dixie Carter, President TNA Entertainment said “Our unique family friendly brand of professional wrestling supported by our talented stars will create a fantastic product line for years to come.”

TNA Wrestling recently announced a weekly national television show called “Impact!” that will airs on Fox Sports Net Friday’s 3pm local (check local listings). “Impact!” is filmed in Universal Studios @ Universal Orlando Resort.

Alan Fine, Toy Biz President and CEO added, “Toy Biz is thrilled to be part of TNA, as it emerges as a dynamic worldwide force in family entertainment. Today’s wrestler is a super athlete and Toy Biz has the experience and skill to capture their tremendous physical athleticism in action figures and toys.”

The alternative for the true wrestling fan, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prides itself on delivering quality, family programming that is clean, innovative, cutting edge and with the high-risk, high-flying athleticism that TNA Wrestling is known for. Available on pay-per-view every Wednesday night at 8pm ET/5pm PT on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV and TVN as well as Viewer’s Choice, Bell ExpressVu and Shaw PPV in Canada. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling “Impact!” Friday’s at 3pm local on Fox Sports Net (check local listings). For more information, log onto www.tnawrestling.com.

Good news for TNA. Now if they could just get those DVDs in stores....

Guest JacK

But . . . wrestling action figures suck. I mean have you seen the WWE ones? Brock Lesnar is like a millimetre thick in the waist! I would've thought mainstream DVD exposure would be more important than plastic action figures of they're wrestlers, but I guess I was wrong. I mean how many people have wrists flexible enough to make AJ do a Spiral Tap?

Guest The Last Free Voice

Cool. I can stop using Will Regal as AJ Styles now.

Guest whitemilesdavis
I mean how many people have wrists flexible enough to make AJ do a Spiral Tap?

Now that's funny. :lol:

Seriously though, it can't be that hard to get your DVD's in Media Play. Have you checked out their wrestling selection? I'm talking serious low-rent stuff.

This makes them look EVEN MORE like wCw. GREAT! They would've been better of doing a line with someone like McFarlane Toys, making it a collector's line.

I don't care what anyone says.

Toy Biz produced the best wrestling action figures of all time.

There were some glaringly terrible ones, duh. Such as Wrath, Disco, Bret, etc.

But when they tried, their attention to detail and such was amazing. Bill Goldberg, Booker T, Sting, Scott Hall, Bam Bam Bigelow, etc. were amazing.

GREAT NEWS for TNA.

Guest JacK

But can they make figure's that recreate X-Division moves accuratly? Because there's nothing more frustrating than having an action figure and not being able to do the flippity dippity stuff that the real peeps do.

And the X-Division is the defining factor of TNA. Everything else is quite stock-standard.

Yes, they can. The Toy Biz figures (except for the fat guys and a few other exceptions) had very moveable joints (legs and arms).

Booker could easily be posed for the "axe kick" or "Harlem Hangover".

Kidman (an awful, ugly figure) came with legs that locked and shot out to recreate the "shooting star press" move.

Toy Biz knows what they're doing.

Again, McFarlane's the shit, but I'd prefer the somewhat cartoonish, ultra-poseable Toy Biz figs over statues.

Guest JacK

But a shooting star press is one thing . . . a Infra Red or Spiral Tap is quite another. Or even a Code Red. Or a Backflip Enzuguiri even. Though at least that last one is possible . . . and would be quite cool.

I challenge anyone to do a good Corkscrew 630. I DARE YOU.

Guest JacK

Exactly! I mean how hard is it to do flippity dippity hurricarnanera's and DDT's and splash's with your hands! You need to be multi-quadriperale jointed!

Guest JacK

I'm quite aware of that. I just like adding extra 'eras' into wordera's I use. It sound's childish. And the missing 'n' was a typo I'll now correct without many people realising it was ever there.

This is really a BAD idea. You figure there average viewer is a smark, smarks aren't exactly the common age for buying toys as much as the 6-12 year old range. I mean we'll buy the Todd stuff, but wrestling figures, doubtful. But lord knows I would by a Low-ki figure without a doubt. Still time will tell wether or not this was a smart idea.

See that's the thing. Smarks will buy Daniels, Ki, Styles figs. They're indy GODS to some people. THey'll get eaten up by the Smarks.

Yeah we'd buy'em, but mine was more for art reasons, ki's got a great physical shape/tone deal, and as an artist, it would make for a good study and a cool toy.

Guest SP-1

McFarlane toys for wrestling would only be cool if they were statues of shots from matches. Like Styles and some dude in mid-Styles Clash from the top rope or something insane like that.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I haven't really been into the figure stuff much since I was WAY younger, but I'm all over any AJ Styles or Killings figures though.......that is....unless they are shitty.

I guess it's time to start the ...who should be in the line up for series one.

AJ Styles

Jeff Jarrett

The Truth

Raven

Abyss

Jerry Lynn

Frankie Kazarian

Heavy Metal

Mr. Aguila

James Storm

Sonny Siaki

In all seriousness-- AJ, Jeff Jarrett, The Truth, Abyss, Shark Boy and Raven would be cool.

If They're smart, they'll do a regular series and and X-Division series, then they can put out more, and the marks will get thier faves (AMW...) and the rest of us can get the ones we want.. (AJ, Daniels, Ki ((if he's still there...))

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind deal reached with people such as Dusty Rhodes, Jeff Hardy, Sting, etc to get a figure made.

Jakks Pacific > Toy Biz

Classic Superstars 3

Ric Flair

That Ric Flair is better than anything Toy Biz ever attempted with their WCW line.

Why does Jake have a cobra?

And yes, the Flair is amazing.

Now, my guess is that ToyBiz will start with a basic line, and then do some special lines of weird gimmicky figures. I seem to remember some horrible WCW figures like that.

McFarlane toys for wrestling would only be cool if they were statues of shots from matches. Like Styles and some dude in mid-Styles Clash from the top rope or something insane like that

That's exactly what McFarlane would do, and that's why they're better than everyone else.

Why does Jake have a cobra?

Evil Jake???

did he ever have a cobra? I don't remember him having a cobra?

Guest Real F'n Show
hurracanrana. That's the spelling. Dork.

But...but...I've always spelled it hurricanrana! Don't tell me I'm wrong...

These toys should be cool though, I'll bribe my brother into buying Ki, Daniels, Styles, Lynn, and Sabin, just so I can play with them.