TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Daily Box-Office report...

I figured since Spidey is going to make tons of money everyday, the daily box-office report should be reported.

Wednesday: $38.6 million making it the biggest Wednesday opening ever and second biggest opening ever (behind Spidey 1).

It will also have legs because people have been saying they want to see it again.

...because as we all knows, this movie needs the word-of-mouth. :lol:

Seriously though, that's definitely a good thing.

Guest Askewniverse

According to USA Today, Spider-Man 2 made $40.5 million on Wednesday, making it the biggest opening ever.

Yup, what I posted before was the estimate from BoxOfficeMojo. They were a tad bit off with their estimate though.

That means that Spidey 2 beat every opening day record. RoTK was the Wednesday Opening Day record holder with $34,450,834 and Spidey 1 was the Single Opening Day record holder with $39,406,872.

I bet it will beat Shrek 2's record for biggest gross ever in one day, $44,797,042, no problem.

Spidey 2 just needs $109,557,396 to get to $150 million. It only needs to average $28 million in the next 4 days, so it is safe to say it will happen.

I believe the estimates are going to be off a few million on Sunday. I believe a lot of people have Monday off, so plenty of people will be going to see it on Sunday night.