TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donners

Impact taping results.

This week's show just cements the fact that Kazushi Miyamoto is my favorite wrestler in TNA.

The way he mocks people after he pretends to spray mist at them is hilarious. He's like the Great Muta, if the Great Muta was a complete bastard in his antics.

Guest Soylent Green Is People

If Alex Shelley is in TNA somewhat often then that'll go a long way in renewing my interest in the company again, a Shelley match and a decent X Division match or two and i'll have to start getting the shows on tape (since crappy Australia doesn't get Impact).

I'll re-ask the question: does anyone know if/when they'll show Impact this week in Chicago?

Jason

I told you already, Tuesday July 6th at 3pm Chicago Time

Mixed bag this week, but overal another solid effort for Impact. Decent lead-in to Wednesdays show.

GOOD

Opener was definately decent enough. Hope Shelley sticks around (I wonder now that the ROH thing is squared that we might see more ROH guys here and vice versa?) as he's a solid X division guy to add to the mix.

Tag w/ Sabin/Red v. Kazarian/Shane was not too bad...could have certainly been better but putting 5 matches into an hour and also having all of the commercial spots, they did the best they could do with the limited time.

Generally, everything was built good enough leading into the ppv on Weds. Just about everyone on the show for Weds was showcased one way or another. Angles were short and to the point, even stuff like the Jeff Hardy deal, etc. Ending with Shamrock and Jarrett was well done. Also, Shamrock did a good interview, hope he's in long term.

EH (MIDDLE GROUND)

Six man could have been better......D-Lo seems to be running in slow motion these days. David Young under a mask.....pretty obvious. Could be a really lame idea or good idea depending on what they do with it.

Whats with the Team Canada megapush continuing? I dont think they're that bad, but I think its getting to be a little too much at times. Seems like they've been the Impact main event more times than not.

On that same note, the main event was a nothing match but served its purpose. Truth seems out in the cold here with the promotion though, and it seems more focused on just Jarrett and Shamrock. I dont understand why they dont play up the history more.....as Truth was the one who beat Shamrock for the belt back in 2002 also. Maybe that will come down the road hopefully. Very "eh" about the ppv main event this week too......if they continue a Shamrock-Jarrett-Truth feud going beyond it, its not a bad idea, as it builds to singles matches between the three and even a three way dance. But all of the other people in the gauntlet match just makes it seems less important really. Hoping that Truth wins and that leads to him feuding with either D-Lo or Monty Brown, and then Jarrett and Shamrock fight for the next title shot after that......which ideally would lead into Shamrock, Truth, and Jarrett still feuding in the long term.

BAD

They overdo the promos for the X division DVD as well as the lineup for the ppv. Gets to the point where we "get it" clearly...it doesnt need to be said over and over. then they also have seperate vignettes talking about each main match on the ppv too. In addition, Tenay and West do the rundown in a segment......all in all its overload and one could argue that it might turn someone off from either getting the show or they might even decide to turn the channel here when it gets to be too much.

Monty Brown squash matches is getting old.

No point in bringing in Rodman at all. I dont necessarily blame TNA here since they expected him to do someting more than that, but if it was going to be that pointless, they shouldnt have even bothered with him. If a new viewer tuned in to see him how that was, I doubt they would bother watching this show again.

This was a decent show...not the best one (that's a toss-up between Episode 1 and 4), but far from the worst (def Episode 2) IMO. I liked that they made Shamrock seem like a big deal and legit threat to Jarrett's reign, which is something they didn't do with Truth. The problem with Shamrock is that he's only gotten over in the past as a monster babyface, ala Goldberg, but eventually he plows through all the heels and there's no reason to care about his matches. The only difference between Goldberg's WCW Title reign and Shamrock's NWA Title reign was that GB has the streak as a way to add heat to his matches. Shamrock didn't, and thus fizzled much, MUCH more quickly. But I digress. I wish they would have played up the history between Shamrock and Truth though, to give Truth some more crediblity. And I wish they would have showed highlights of his promo from the PPV because that promo did more for the Truth's career than any single thing TNA has done with him since he cut the promo with Steamboat the week before he defeated Shamrock.

I liked that they didn't open up the show with a multi-man X match. This singles match just felt more important, and still featured the high-spots to get the crowd going.

The 6 man was decent, but didn't blow me away. D'Lo still seemed a little off, though not as much as he did after the chairshot on Wednesday. The Naturals stealing the belts was a good way to put heat on Wednesday's match.

I'm growing very tired of the Monty/Abyss weekly squash. They really don't need to have a squash match every week. Once or twice a month, max. That time could have gone to one of the other matches or maybe to a Jarrett promo so he wouldn't have had to ramble on during the ME.

The X-Division tag match was very good and this pairing of Kazarian and Shane seems interesting. I must admit that I miss the coolest guy in the world bit though. I wonder who's gonna play the face when they eventually split over the title.

The ME was just kind of there. I liked the guys involved (yes, even James and to a lesser extent, Konnan), but it was just hard to follow the match with Jarrett's yapping. I like that Team Canada went over to rebound from jobbing to Team India (TM The Voice) on Wednesday. And the post show stare off was great, though once again all the focus was on Shamrock/Jarrett when there's enough backstory for this to be a really good three way feud. In fact, if they are going to change the title this week (which I'm sure they are not), I'd like to see in come down to Shamrock and The Truth, that way they can play up the history big.

And Rodman was absolutely worthless. If he was being uncooperative they should have sent his ass home and said that Abyss ate him. :lol: