TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChick

Raw House Show Report

My order of matches may be a bit off, but who cares?

Match #1

La Resitance vs. The Superheros

The card started with La Resistance interrupting Fink. To get heat, they sang the Canadian Anthem, as Sylvien said, "the real way." Since English Canada hates 'em Quebec bastards, we booed. Typical Heat match, with La Resistance doing their finishing move (what is that called anyways?) on Rosie, which was funny because they almost dropped him. I don't think a finish to a match is suppose to draw laughs from the crowd. Ah well.

Match #2

The Coach vs. Eugene

Coach came out and invited his very best friend in the whole wide world out: Eugene. Massive pops for him. The Coach told Eugene that Uncle Eric said he could choose anyone to wrestle against tonight, and of course, he picked Coach. Kinda a boring match, but what can you expect from a non-wrestler? Eugene won with the Rock Bottom/People's Elbow combo. Sad note: Retards of this city thought that it would be just awesome to chant "Popcorn Fart" to Coach. Couldn't just let the saying die, could ya fuckers?

Match #3

Maven and Val Venis vs. Garrison Cade and Chucky P.

Chuck Palambo has dyed his hair an awful colour. Bleach blond is not good. Anyways, Chucky gets of the house mic (which is actually quite decent, unlike last time around) and insults us with generic insults. Maven comes down to interrrupt (and suck up to us with equally generic compliments) and, for some odd reason, Garrison Cade attacks Maven. Then, for some equally odd reason, Val Venis comes down for the save and gets on the mic in one of the most simplistic promos I've ever heard in my life. To paraphrase:

"You want to fight us? Well, I like to fight and Maven likes to fight. I say, we fight!". It was almost Shakespeare level.

Anyways, BORING match. This is the match where I get annoyed with these stupid smarks in the front row. For some reason, they start chanting "We Want Bret!". Alright, it's a boring match, but what a stupid thing to chant. Chuck and Cade won when Chuck did a sort of modified Samoan Drop. I'm really bad with describing moves, but it was the coolest part of the match. Granted, that really wasn't too hard.

Match #4

Stevie Richards vs. William Regal

The music man accidently played Batista's music but quickly changed it to Stevie. Richards jawed with him a bit for that. Unfortunatly for me, Stevie was not wearing pink, but rather yellow. I miss the pink. Regal came out to a pretty impressive pop, probably third biggest of the night. It took my by surprise actually. Fun match, with a little comedy courtesy of Richards. Regal won with a knee (no shit). Hey, if it's that effective, maybe Trips should take lessons.

Match #5

Batista vs. Rhyno

Batista comes out first and gets on the mic to, what else, insult us. It was pretty funny though.

(Paraphrased) "You know, there are too things I hate. I hate Canada and I hate Canadians."

Then, on Chris Jericho not being there (oh, I was pissed):

"You know, I wanted to face that punk Jericho tonight, but apparently, he's visiting some sick kids in Winnipeg. Who cares about them? Now I could see if they were American sick kids, but Canadian sick kids? They're worthless!"

I'm nearly killing myself laughing here. Best. Promo. Ever. Oh right! The match! It wasn't any good. Batista won with a spinebuster. By the way, in this match, the stupid smarks were chanting "You Screwed Bret". To who you ask? Fuck if I know. Also, some ECW chants of course.

Match #6

Matt Hardy vs. Tyson Tomko

Lita came out for an interview and "hoped that we were doing better than she was". It was a pretty fucking pathetic sympathy promo. She asked Matt to come out, and he does, only to get attacked from behind by Tomko, who was Trish-less (probably doing promotional work with Jericho in Winnipeg). Awful match. Matt got hardly any offence, but won with a surprise Twist of Fate. After the match, Lita tried to talk to him, but he just walked out of the ring. The stupid smarks slightly redeemed themselves by chanting "You Screwed Kane". All that would come to a crashing halt soon enough though...

Time for intermission. Grabbed myself a "Sexy Beast" T-shirt.

Match #7

Edge vs. Randy Orton

Remember how I said that the stupid smarks slightly redeemed themselves? Forget that shit. Randy came out to a pop, but pretty quickly turned into jeers. Edge came out to a nice pop. Signs such as "I Hate Edge" "Die Edge Die" "Stop Pushing Edge" were held by those stupid smarks. Why I oughta...! But it was kinda funny that they would have a "Stop Pushing Edge" sign when, well, he was in the ring with Orton. But I digress.

It wasn't really a good match. Alot of comedy in the beginning though. Edge got on the mic, and said that someone earlier today told him to "Spear the Queer". Randy looked all offended, but then started acting all femme during the match. It was kinda funny. Mid match, Orton did the whole "heel champ tries to leave" shtick, and let two girls kiss him on his way. Lucky bitches. Finish was Orton dropping Edge on an expose steel buckle and rolling him up with his feet on the ropes.

Match #8

Mike Bucci vs. Tajiri

Squash match, pretty much. Tajiri's funny to see live, and his kicks are freaking awesome to see in person. Tajiri won with the 'ol kick in the head.

Match #9

Victoria vs. Gail Kim.

Terrible beginning to the match. It was very awkward. It was a bit better near the end, but still wasn't very good. Victoria won with the Widow's Peak.

Match #10

Chris Benoit vs. Kane

They announced it as a submissions only match, which was strange since (1) wouldn't that put Kane to a disadvantage? and (2) the referee was counting out when either guy was on the outside. Probably the best match of the night (which is kinda sad). Benoit got a great reaction. Eventually, Benoit won with the same crossface variation he used on the past Raw. After the match, Benoit raised the Canadian Flag along with the title, which got a nice parting pop.

Overall, a disappointment. No Jericho, Benjamin (obviously), HBK (obviously), Flair, HHH, Trish (hardly anyone knew who the hell Tyson was without her), and Molly (I really want to see her live!). No really good matches. And, of course, stupid smarks. And annoying 5 year olds yelling in my ear. Stupid bastards.

Guest combat_rock

God, I went to a Smackdown show in Alabama not too long ago, and some stupid little kid kept screaming insults at the wrestlers, right in my ear, despite us being in the second teir and out of their earshot. Most of them were calling for Jamie Noble (Rico's opponent) to "kill the faggot", etc. So I'm sorry to hear you got stuck next to a bunch of retards. They can really kill the atmosphere.

Au Revoir is the name of the La Rez finisher. I think the Quebec City Crusher would be better. Or maybe the Shawinigan Slam. Or the Remouski Retractor. Or the Gaspe Grinder.

Or maybe it could be "Ah Zut!" with JR saying AAAAAAAh zUTuh! every time they hit it. And then the crowd could play along and they'd be the new DX.

Guest Rrrsh
It was a bit better near the end.

That is a false statement, as the whole match licked all types of balls.

It was a bit better near the end.

That is a false statement, as the whole match licked all types of balls.

It was a bit better near the end, but still wasn't very good.

Look at the whole sentence next time, will ya?

Guest Rrrsh

Not being very good is a HUGE step up from licking all types of balls.

Not being very good is a HUGE step up from licking all types of balls.

A little redundant, aren't you?

Oh, and CC, who was refereeing the match the smarks chanted "You Screwed Bret" during?