TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Bengie Molina just went deep for the Angels to create a 7 run inning and they are still going.

That makes up for the triple play in Chicago last week.

Edit: That was a grand slam, not just a single HR.

7-0 for the Orioles

The Royals follow up on 3 shutout losses and a shutout victory by being shut down for 8 innings.

Stairs with 2 hits

Mateo with 1 hit

John Buck had a walk

and nothing else is going on.

Ruben Mateo was caught stealing for the first time today, making him 11 for 12 in stolen bases. I think there's a reason why he only tried 11 steals before coming to KC.

One strikeout though 8 innings for KC pitching (1 by Wood, 0 by Field, Anderson and Sullivan). Proving once again that if you can't strike people out, YOU WILL LOSE

Guest FrigidSoul

Wood and Greinke are going to have the same struggles that Detroit's young pitchers had last season. Its better to have them up in the big leagues though rather than in the minors just dominating people by throwing stuff by them. The experience will pay off for them next year.

Comparing Wood and Greinke to Detroit's pitchers isn't that complimentary.

Almost every 2003 Detroit pitcher was god-awful anyways. Only Bonderman really has much of a future. Maroth is awful. Cornejo is awful.

The 2003 Tigers were last in the AL in strikeouts. Had they been able to strike out more people, they probably could have had a much better year.

I'm not too concerned about Greinke. He's unique.

Mike Wood is a concern, since he didn't strike enough people out in AA or AAA.

Probably the second best pitcher in the KC system is Denny Bautista

7-2 final in Baltimore.

John Buck doubles, goes to third on a wild pitch, and scores on a sac fly by Graffanino (meanwhile, the pretty much worthless "leadoff" guy Desi Relaford flew out to shallow left with Buck on third)

Mike Sweeney adds a solo home run

and then Matt Stairs makes the third out

Guest FrigidSoul

congrats to David "Big Poppy" Ortiz. His wife gave birth to their baby today.

Wood and Greinke are going to have the same struggles that Detroit's young pitchers had last season. Its better to have them up in the big leagues though rather than in the minors just dominating people by throwing stuff by them. The experience will pay off for them next year.

How exactly is Greinke struggling? He's 1-6 because his team is averaging 1.33 runs per game when he starts. He's got a 3.86 ERA, along with 39 strikeouts and just 12 walks in 56 innings. And he's 20! This kid is a bonafide superstar in the making.

Guest FrigidSoul

@~^$^@~$^*&!^$*&@^(*@@

Why is Bellhorn playing second with Nomar DHing and Lowe on the mound?! 2 Errors in one inning which leads to a run.

Also Greinke has gotten lit up a tad here and there. 95% of rookie pitchers have their struggles. Not to mention I'm trying to turn Rob's frown upside down by saying they'll be better in the future.

And CUE the Lowe-down.

Congrats to the Ortiz's too. Judging by the father, that kid didn't come out easily.

Guest FrigidSoul

and the wheels fall off for Lowe because Francona is a fucking moron. There's a reason why Theo got Pokey Reese and it wasn't to have him play SS and Nomar to DH with Lowe on the mound. The score is still 3-0 if Nomar is playing SS and Reese is playing second. Instead 6 unearned runs with a Grand Slam by Blalock to cap it off.

Guest FrigidSoul

I just can't understand how managers can be so stupid when its obvious what should be done. I really wish Belichik did take over the Red Sox...Charlie Weis can write up the line-ups and Romeo Crenel can lead the pitching staff and defense. Belichik is to Boston what Ditka is to Chicago. He can do no wrong.

Guest FrigidSoul
WAY BACK WASDIN!!!! *marks*

I marked too...then I started thinking about Manny hitting a homer to the RF bullpens and knocking Wasden in the head heh

Dammit Remy, ya missed a golden opportunity there.

It must be law that when Kenny Rogers is getting shelled and the manager comes to yank him out, the announcer must, MUST say "you gotta know when to hold em' and know when to fold em'."

I will NOT back down from this.

Wasdin is IN!!!

Edited by Kingpk

Guest FrigidSoul

Manny hit a homerun to dead center that almost cleared the park. It hit the cement top of the wall. I bet it chipped part of it off too because it was just absolutely crushed.

But really, the Sox can't continue to play this shoddy defense. You've seen what happens when they DON'T have the offense to cover for all the unearned runs (which includes six more tonight)

Guest FrigidSoul

well I believe it would be 11-0 if they had Reese at second, Nomar at SS and Bellhorn DHing. That being said if they win this game I'll allow the defensive blunders tonight since its helped Young, Texiera, and Blalock hehe

Kingpk's right, though. You don't notice the errors because the Sox are scoring almost every inning. I don't think their offense will stay this hot for too much longer, so it's going to be tougher to cover up the defensive shortcomings. Still, it's fun for fans of the team to see them being such offensive forces every night.

Guest FrigidSoul

When the regular defense is

Millar/Youkilis 1B

Pokey 2B

Nomar SS

Mueller 3B

I think the defense will be fine. OF defense really hasn't been a problem

Guest Anglesault
That makes up for the triple play in Chicago last week.

I saw a clip of the triple play. Molina wasn't even in the frame at the end. You can't make up for that. :)

In other news, Old Timer's Day once again proves to be a way to go to a ballpark and just have some fun for the first two hours.

I even stood and cheered for Kevin Maas.

And Sweet Lou came out. awesome.

The Cardinals are now eight games up in the Central. They're clearly the NL's most dominant team, and its going to take a major collapse to lose the division. The rest of the Central is playing for the Wild Card at this point.

Last night just about killed me. More than anything I wanted to see Griffey in the HR derby and last night he hurt his hamstring again. They are taking an MRI now. I do not know if I can even enjoy the all star game if Griffey is seriously hurt. I was really looking forward to the next couple of days. God, life sucks.

I was at the Brewers' game last night, and Griffey coming out of the game looked pretty weak. I can't believe he got hurt on the play...Plus when he walked off the field it didn't look like he was limping or anything. Oh well, everyone made sure to boo him.

Oh yeah, Ben Sheets pitched another shut out last night. He's got about 16 straight shut out innings right now.

Guest stoor

I was relieved to find out the Brewers won last night [there was no local TV, so I couldn't see the game]. After game one and two I thought this was series going to turn into another Pittsburgh debacle. Luckily we had Sheets pitching.

Guest FrigidSoul

Jayson Stark is saying the Red Sox and Phillies are discussing a deal.

Derek Lowe for Milwood.

I don't see how that really helps either team. Red Sox payroll goes up and they probably win 3 or 4 more games than they would with Lowe. The Phillies cut payroll but their pitching staff becomes even weaker.

I'm obliged to think its bullshit.