TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Smackdown Spoilers

They are really going out of their way to protect Cena. He didn't even have to job the title in the ring. Plus, he has beaten all his top challengers cleanly now, and by that it is burying possible heel world title contenders down the line (mostly Booker) If the title is really held up, I'd like to see Haas get a run, but they will probably go with a heel after such a long run by the face Cena. My bet would be either Dupree or Kenzo gets the US title, because the "creative" team would probably love a foreigner carrying around the US title.

My bet would be either Dupree or Kenzo gets the US title, because the "creative" team would probably love a foreigner carrying around the US title.

Since he interfered in the match I can see Angle giving the belt to Luther Reigns.Up until about 2 weeks ago when he started getting pinned on TV I'd have said Jindrak was a sure thing to get the belt.

Guest wrestlingbs

Is everybody thinking what I'm thinking... that the WWE is starting to realise the SD brand is in freefall and are trying desperately to stabilize it? Cena is stripped of the US title, Bradshaw plays second fiddle to EVERYTHING, and the CW get more airtime since, well, ever. I question how long it will last (next week they will be trying to throw a whole new batch of crap at the wall to see what sticks) but I may just break my SD fast for this.

Holy Shit... In the Summerslam thread, I *nearly* posted RVD, Booker, Cena, and Dupree doing a "US Title Tourny" style thing kinda like the first Undisputed Championship Tournament thingie, with RVD facing Booker and Cena facing Dupree, ending with RVD vs. Dupree or Cena vs. Booker for the title.

Still...I was actually hoping the US Title would be vacated before Summerslam.

Guest Soylent Green Is People

The first Smackdown spoilers in seemingly forever that hasn't looked somewhere between dreadfully average and utter shit. I'll still probably end up forgetting to watch, but at least that won't be deliberate this time.

Based on those spoilers, I'd say it looks like someone finally pulled Prichard's head out of his ass.

<---Fucking hates Prichard with the firey rage of a thousand burning suns.

It looks good enough to me. I'll be watching.

The Cruisers get a good enough showing, and the Eddie/JBL stuff takes a nice little turn as a short comedic segment that puts JBL over as the usual cowardly heel and Eddie as the guy that would do ANYTHING to win his championship back, which will probably be seen next week.

The Dudleys also lose their titles, and unless they are going to become the Ric Flair of the WWE/F Tag Team Championships, hopefully they will get passed around a bit.

It kinda sucks that the Bashams lose, though...I would have put them over Gunn/Holly, myself.

Guest Choken One

I guess it makes sense...For a Cena/Angle match and a Vacant 4 Way or mini-Tourny at Slam.

Looks like it's

Haas-Reigns-Booker-RVD-Dupree-Kenzo for sure in the likely 8 man tournament...grab two other names and make it a full thing.

Or they could revive the old SIX PAC match gimmick for it.

I would perfer a Haas/Booker final though.

Haas-Reigns-Booker-RVD-Dupree-Kenzo for sure in the likely 8 man tournament...grab two other names and make it a full thing.

Haas vs. Reigns

Cena vs. Jindrak

Kenzo vs. RVD

Dupree vs. Gunn (?)

Cena vs. Reigns

RVD vs. Dupree

RVD vs. Reigns ...RVD wins with help from Cena

Cena would then get the first title shot, but would fail due to Angle/Reigns, RVD could then feud with Booker/Dupree/Kenzo

Guest Choken One

RVD/Reigns?

Yuck.

Only Haas/Dupree or Haas/Booker would be a good match.

Guest Black Lightning
I'd wager to guess that Kidman/London won the titles in place of Holly/Gunn due to their latest showing of disgruntledness.

I'll guess that D'Von is the one who gets pinned, He always takes the Clean pins for the team.

Surprisingly, it was Bubba. He got hit with a Wazzup headbutt (which London absolutely SMOKES him with) and a Sideways Star Press.

I'll guess that D'Von is the one who gets pinned, He always takes the Clean pins for the team.

Surprisingly, it was Bubba. He got hit with a Wazzup headbutt (which London absolutely SMOKES him with) and a Sideways Star Press.

That's...just...weird.

It seems all of Smackdown this week is showing off the "weird" vibe

Yeah.

C'mon...show of hands:

Anyone's else feel like they've been sucked into an alternate reality?

Guest Choken One

Why Not? It's easy to fill up Smackdown Airtime that way

The 16 Men

Kenzo

John Cena

Rey Mysterio

Johnny Stamboli

Sakoda

Charlie Haas

Luther Reigns

Spike Dudley

Rob Van Dam

Jamie Knoble

Mark Jindrak

Hardcore Holly

Booker T

Billy Gunn

Chavo Guerrero

Funaki

and Have 4 Way Elimination Dances each week...The winner of all four meet in a 4 Way Finals

Guest Choken One

anyone know if London/Kidman was sold as a FLUKE or UPSET or what?

Guest Black Lightning

It was 100% clean and un-fluky in every way, so most likely an upset.

Chavo/Noble would be godd opposistion for them, it's a shame the FBI are faces because that would be a good match and they could sell Stamboli as the difference maker in the match.

Guest Choken One

FBI are faces?

Who can tell?

Let's get cracking with the Best of 7 series between them.

London/Kidman should steal the Rocker's Rumble 91 finish.

Guest Choken One

Right now I say just go the WCW route and turn the CW division into the Tag Team Division

London/Kidman

Knoble/Chavo

Nunzio/Stamboli

Akio/Sakoda

and might as well make RVD/Mysterio a permant tag team since either are doing nething.

Dudleys can work well with those teams Im sure face or heel...Bashams can be the jobber tag team...

It was 100% clean and un-fluky in every way, so most likely an upset.

Is Torrie screwing one of the bookers or do they actually have a plan to push these guys?

Also, shouldn't one of them be able to work a mic if they're going to get an actual push?

Or are they building them up as a last resort for Duds to squash at Summerslam since the SD tag division is dead?

Guest Choken One

U know...With London/Kidman-Dudleyz and likely another set of CW workers

WWE Can revive the TLC gimmick which you have to assume they have been itching to do for a long time.

When Rodney Mack and Mark Henry are brought back to TV(which will happen) I could see Mack/Henry being traded to Smackdown to be with Teddy Long and then winning the tag titles.