TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonWestMark03

ALPHA MALE!

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I do watch, I watch Impact every time I can and download any matches that are worth downloading.

I just don't pay 10 dollars every wednesday to see stuff I'm in different about or have settled on.

Guest Salacious Crumb
See Mad Dog knows what trolling is, adding nothing to the debate or thread subject, just quick attempts at baiting people into an irrelevant arguements.

Oh and I never use you're, it's your all around, if you can't differentiate intent through use, that's your problem. :)

No, I was referring to the utter arrogance of thinking you can tell people that their bad wrestling fans for ordering a product you don't watch.

See Mad Dog knows what trolling is, adding nothing to the debate or thread subject, just quick attempts at baiting people into an irrelevant arguements.

Oh and I never use you're, it's your all around, if you can't differentiate intent through use, that's your problem. :)

I think this is considered flamebaiting, am I right?

Guest Coffey

It shows laziness and a lack of care. If you don't care to post correctly, we shouldn't care to read it. It's common courtesy...and also not being an idiot.

However, my comment wasn't just directed towards you, for the record.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"I still don't understand how that makes him outdated. So, if any wrestler ever has a football backround from now on they're outdated? If any wrestler ever wears black trunks they're outdated because Austin & Goldberg did it first? Wrestlers aren't allowed to be built or tough?

Seriously, what the flying nut fuck are you talking about? "

It's the entire package, not specific things. It were just the tights, or just the name, or just the background, or just the reason for his push, or just his moveset, I wouldn't be on it, but it's EVERYTHING.

It's the entire package, not specific things. It were just the tights, or just the name, or just the background, or just the reason for his push, or just his moveset, I wouldn't be on it, but it's EVERYTHING.

Explain this in detail. How these things make him outdated. I consider it using his background to give him legitimacy. And please use the quote button.

Guest whitemilesdavis
Can you think of a better description of someone who's out-dated?

Maybe a gimmick-posting, trolling douche-bag on a wrestling message board?

And that my friend WAS trolling.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Coffey if someone's not smart enough to realize what it means through how it's used, than I really don't care if they read my posts or not.

"No, I was referring to the utter arrogance of thinking you can tell people that their bad wrestling fans for ordering a product you don't watch. "

By saying "whatever you say kid"? Was there some secret code there that explains it all? It doesn't take arrogance to form an opinion, just reasoning.

"I think this is considered flamebaiting, am I right? "

Nope sorry, I'm sure there's definitions around here somewhere you could bone up on.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Used to, when it was an upstart with potential, don't now that it's WCW's bastard child.

If you don't watch it, don't say anything about it.

Ol Swiggy gets the win again.

Guest Coffey

First off, it's not about them being smart enough to understand what you mean. It's about you caring about your post enough to proofread and use some common fucking sense. They are your words.

Besides, it's obvious that you're a troll, if by nothing else than your username and registration date. As soon as a mod comes around, you'll be banned regardless...so this discussion is a waste of time.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"Explain this in detail. How these things make him outdated. I consider it using his background to give him legitimacy. And please use the quote button. "

Background- What's AJ Styles background, what's Amazing Red's background, if that's irrelevant his should be too. It's trying to make people care about him because of something other than what he does in the company, something that was commonly done back when people were signed more on look and background than anything else.

The name- Well duh.

The attire- Looks more in place on 80's rock video girls, takes away from the whole 'intimidation' thing and really just embodies the ugliness attempted flare can create.

The moveset- Aside from 1-2 moves that seemed to be put there just so people assume he's "innovative" his entire offense is based on his character more so than what his characters doing. It's an obvious lack of depth you don't see much these days.

"Maybe a gimmick-posting, trolling douche-bag on a wrestling message board?

And that my friend WAS trolling. "

I knew you guys would get these words down.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"First off, it's not about them being smart enough to understand what you mean. It's about you caring about your post enough to proofread and use some common fucking sense. They are your words."

Your/You're isn't an issue of common sense, it's an issue of me not wanting to type you're when I use the you are in a sentence. If it bothers you or stops you from being able to get my points, than you really weren't the audience I was looking for in the first place.

"Besides, it's obvious that you're a troll, if by nothing else than your username and registration date. As soon as a mod comes around, you'll be banned regardless...so this discussion is a waste of time. "

Username and registration date!? Hell you'd have a better case with my posts, and you don't even have anything there.

I'd like to stick on topic like I have been if you guys would, if your simply gonna talk about how I spell your or what you speculate my purpose is, let's just wrap it up.

Background- What's AJ Styles background, what's Amazing Red's background, if that's irrelevant his should be too. It's trying to make people care about him because of something other than what he does in the company, something that was commonly done back when people were signed more on look and background than anything else.

His background in football gives him legitimacy as an athelete. This shows that he has spent time working on his power and his physical abilities. This helps when you're wrestling.

The name- Well duh.

I'm pretty sure it's his REAL name.

The attire- Looks more in place on 80's rock video girls, takes away from the whole 'intimidation' thing and really just embodies the ugliness attempted flare can create.

It's part of his GIMMICK. Which most wrestlers have to certain extents. Do you think AJ runs around with a shiny sleeveless hoodie all the time, I doubt it. I also don't see Flair running around town in his robes. Ok, so maybe I do. But you get the point

The moveset- Aside from 1-2 moves that seemed to be put there just so people assume he's "innovative" his entire offense is based on his character more so than what his characters doing. It's an obvious lack of depth you don't see much these days.

Nowhere have they called him innovative. He's a power wrestler, and their moveset is about their power. Granted, all his moves aren't the best or the best for him, but that's not his fault and it can change over time. The pounce is to go with his "ALPHA MALE" GIMMICK. Which is based around him being the leader of the pack. Like wild CATS. Which explains the tights.

"Maybe a gimmick-posting, trolling douche-bag on a wrestling message board?

And that my friend WAS trolling. "

I knew you guys would get these words down

You've been here a week. I hope you've enjoyed yourself.

-=Swiggy

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I was until today, I expected some good debate and got nothing but people yelling 'troll' when they either couldn't counter a point or didn't want to.

"His background in football gives him legitimacy as an athelete. This shows that he has spent time working on his power and his physical abilities. This helps when you're wrestling. "

So why doesn't TNA do that for everyone? Because it's not about legitimacy, it's about trying to make us care for reasons beyond what he's doing. If it was an issue of legitimacy then they'd be pimping AJ's high school athletic career or Red's circus background.

"I'm pretty sure it's his REAL name."

So was his mother the Alpha Female?

"It's part of his GIMMICK. Which most wrestlers have to certain extents. Do you think AJ runs around with a shiny sleeveless hoodie all the time, I doubt it. I also don't see Flair running around town in his robes. Ok, so maybe I do. But you get the point"

Exactly my point, what he does is too contingent on the most basic aspects of his gimmick. His clothes just embody that.

"Nowhere have they called him innovative. He's a power wrestler, and their moveset is about their power. Granted, all his moves aren't the best or the best for him, but that's not his fault and it can change over time. The pounce is to go with his "ALPHA MALE" GIMMICK. Which is based around him being the leader of the pack. Like wild CATS. Which explains the tights. "

Never said they called him innovative, the pounce is more of the above, it's too simplistic for him to be a main eventer in this day and age, if this was 1990 or so, he'd be set.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Give it up Dave, I don't think you can win this arguement.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

The names John, but thanks, and if you mean the the journalist your off, by a lot.

Fair enough. I guess the post I made wasn't the best Idea I had. I just wanted to see your reaction. I'm leaving the conversation again.

The names John, but thanks, and if you mean the the journalist your off, by a lot.

How would you know of Dave O'Neill Mr. Bandaid?????????

Guest Coffey
Just ignore the troll guys.

Seriously, if we all stop posting...he has too as well. At least in this thread.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I've been at this forum longer than I've been registered, and I'm familar with semi-recent board history.

And Coffey's right, although it's a shame rather than debate the actual topic most of you would rather yell troll and run off.

Guest whitemilesdavis

OK NB, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Noone said Monty was the best ever. Noone said TNA has no problems. Some of us think Brown is mildly entertaining and has potential.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Potential for what? Upper midcarder, or solid main eventer as there looking to push him?

Having him in the main event makes the whole mission statement a joke, how is this the future of wrestling when a guy like that is on top? And really should anything "mildly" entertaining be put ahead of really entertaining things on the card, like the X-division?

To me this is exactly the type of move that should piss TNA fans off, and yet there indifferent to it, which to me is just mindboggling.

EDIT: And thank you for the normal discussion.

Guest whitemilesdavis

No, if you look at other threads, I have been very vocal about things that piss me off about TNA - Rodman, Hardy, etc.

Who knows where Monty could end up over time. He may be great, he's not now but he may one day be.

NB, the problem some people (and right now I) have with you is that you're just repeating the same stuff over and over, and the entire "discussion" has just degenerated into an arguement. I am saying yes, I think brown is pretty bad, but not as bad as you are saying he is. Your responce seems to be. "he's horrible and you're stupid for not seeing that". That is why people are calling you a troll and asking for your head to be placed on a silver platter.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"Your responce seems to be. "he's horrible and you're stupid for not seeing that"."

Where did I say anything like that? I kept repeating things because I was looking for discussion or debate and got called a troll and dave oniell(not exactly flattering).

My point is this, it's something I expect hardcore fans to be upset about, and when I see that there not, I'm confused as all hell. His character is too generic and out-dated, and he's just not good enough in the ring to make up for it. I guess I just expected a different type of response to him being pushed into the ME.

Okay, you didn't use those exact words, but it's pretty much you message. At least in how I'm seeing it.

The thing is, not everyone thinks the same way, so while YOU think that Brown's character is out dated, others dont. We're stating reasons why we don't, and you seem to be ignoring them and going on with the same comments as before. That's all.

And I agree that he doesn't belong in ME, but that's just becasue of his work in the ring, wich does have the potental to improve.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Also, I wouldn't hold TNA to some high ethical standard. Their name is TNA. Doesn't that seem a little ironic to you. I never expected much from them with that name, but I have been pleasantly surprised.

I JUST GOT IT!! :o

Ok yea..I was about to post he's decent but I really hate his tights..But after reading through this thread..and seeing pounce 50 million times..I get it! But still...he really needs different tights..that cheetah shit doesn't work, especially on someone black.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"The thing is, not everyone thinks the same way, so while YOU think that Brown's character is out dated, others dont. We're stating reasons why we don't, and you seem to be ignoring them and going on with the same comments as before. That's all. "

If I "no sold" any points I'm sorry but I made sure to respond to everything on topic so I don't know if you can say that.

And I agree he shouldn't be in the main event but I think it's more so a character issue than ability. AJ could work a wonderful title match around him, but not with that character, the clash would just be too obvious.

I say drop the whole "cat" thing, and just push him as someone with basic but lethal offense. If they let him work a little stiffer and give him someone who can realistically trade offense with him but still make him look good bumping like AJ to get him over with.

Even from there though I don't see how could be succesful beyond the upper mid card if they plan on being taken seriously as the alternative to the WWE.

Guest DonWestMark03
Wrestling boner?!

Yup. When he first started in TNA, he used to wear jeans, and he used to get a huge boner whenever he was wrestling. It was quite comical. :headbang: