TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

WWF DVDs for $4.99

I had stopped up my Super K-Mart to see if they happened to have the Batman animated series box set (I got mine already, but a friend wasn't able to find it and he lives further way), and I noticed they had a ton of cheap DVDs, quite a few of them for $4.99.

They had a few WWF ones, including Rebellion (2001), Summerslam 2000 and 2001, Unforgiven 2001, and Action! I don't know if it was just my K-Mart, but letting others know to keep a look out.

Naturally, some of the cheaper movie DVDs were junk (Battlefield: Earth for 5 bucks. Oh boy!), but some looked like good deals.

Guest Coffey

Yeah, you can find some gems in the "bargin bin" at Wal*Mart too. Not just wrestling DVD's (although there are some) but a few other movies which, I think, are worth owning. Stuff like The Way of the Gun, Airheads, etc.

I was just looking through the bin the other day and there was some double-disc DVD with "WWF's Steve Austin & Cactus Jack! The early years!" I didn't buy it because it looked....well, bad. But it was only five bucks. I might grab it later. They had another one too...but the second DVD was nothing but Booker T. stuff. Weird.

I found Unforgiven 2001 at K-Mart a few months back. The ol' FYE had some used 2001 DVDs, including WrestleMania X7 and No Mercy. I, of course, had no money the day I found them. Now they're gone.

These arej ust overstock that WWE sold to a liquidator after the changeover to the WWE name, forcing them to pull all merichandise that said WWF on it from store shelves, including DVDs. These bargain priced discs also appeared at Walgreens around Christmas.

Guest Staravenger
These arej ust overstock that WWE sold to a liquidator after the changeover to the WWE name, forcing them to pull all merichandise that said WWF on it from store shelves, including DVDs. These bargain priced discs also appeared at Walgreens around Christmas.

Yeah, I picked up a bunch of old DVD's & VHS for maybe $40, when 2 would cost that much on a regular basis.

They changed over in...oh...what, 2002? They took their time "pulling" them from store shelves since I saw and still seem those DVDs and other WWF ones in music/DVD stores all the time, brand new.

I'd say it has more to do with them being quite old. *shrug*

It's strange that a lot of those crappy non-PPV releases sometimes are difficult to find.

DH: They had Hulk Still Rules? I've not seen that cheap anywhere, because that's about what I'd hope to pay for that. :)

I had stopped up my Super K-Mart to see if they happened to have the Batman animated series box set (I got mine already, but a friend wasn't able to find it and he lives further way), and I noticed they had a ton of cheap DVDs, quite a few of them for $4.99.

They had a few WWF ones, including Rebellion (2001), Summerslam 2000 and 2001, Unforgiven 2001, and Action!  I don't know if it was just my K-Mart, but letting others know to keep a look out.

Naturally, some of the cheaper movie DVDs were junk (Battlefield: Earth for 5 bucks.  Oh boy!), but some looked like good deals.

I got Hulk Still Rules, Back in Black and Mick Foley: Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops around X-Mas time last year....not bad, but I'm looking for Action

They changed over in...oh...what, 2002? They took their time "pulling" them from store shelves since I saw and still seem those DVDs and other WWF ones in music/DVD stores all the time, brand new.

I'd say it has more to do with them being quite old. *shrug*

It's strange that a lot of those crappy non-PPV releases sometimes are difficult to find.

DH: They had Hulk Still Rules? I've not seen that cheap anywhere, because that's about what I'd hope to pay for that. :)

X-mas time at Walgreens (when the $5.99 DVD's were 2/$5, oh yeah on Black Friday)....I've also seen Hardy Boyz: Leap of Faith, the first Rock DVD, a few PPVs and Best of Raw Vol 1. at a local Pathmark (NY/NJ/PA area supermarket) for $6.99