TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tawren

OAO Smackdown 7/15 thread

FEEL THE STEEL

July 15, 2004

WWE Champion JBL must honor a contractual obligation this Thursday night, as he defends the title against former title-holder Eddie Guerrero. This match, however, will not be held under normal circumstances. Rather, both JBL and Guerrero will be locked in the confines of a 15-foot steel cage.

Speaking of titles, what will become of the United States Championship? the last we saw, General Manager Kurt Angle stripped John Cena of the prestigious title. Whose waist will it go around next? Watch SmackDown! as this story develops.

In addition, the WWE Tag Team Championship switched hands last week, as the upstart duo of Paul London and Billy Kidman pried the titles away from the Dudleys. After the match, the former champs congratulated London and Kidman. Are we looking at a new-look Bubba Ray and D-Von? Watch SmackDown! to find out.

All this and much more this Thursday night (8/7 CT) when UPN presents SmackDown!

-------------

London on SD? Cage match with potential? A cruiserweight tag?

I'll try it.

I'm Canadian, so of course I get it 1 hour early. Tiny, tiny spoilers for first segment: really weak opening interview. The Kenzo/Booker stuff was dumb, and on an aside both really need haircuts. Anyways, weak stuff but nothing worse than the stuff from Raw lately.

On the cruiser tag:

Too short for my tastes, but for guys not allowed to do a lot and having just a short time, this was fine. Hate the ending as I find all 3 Dudley's to be stale as hell.

London/D-Von was very short, too short I feel for any really good stuff to happen.

And so the cage match starts.

Guest Choken One

Does WWE have a tie in agreement with the Dukes of Hazard empire or something?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Jesus, Cena is the most over face on either show. That boy needs the WWE Title NOW. For all the talk about how "overexposed" he is... the fans still seem to eat out of his hand.

Guest Birds in the Hotel

His raps are really getting weak though. And when/if he goes to RAW...BURIED.

Yes. Yes this does suck.

We need to find something positive in this.

Well...at least Suzuki's just a U.S. title contender and probably won't be holding it.

Jesus, Cena is the most over face on either show. That boy needs the WWE Title NOW. For all the talk about how "overexposed" he is... the fans still seem to eat out of his hand.

I'd argue that Cena is so over he doesn't need the title. Fans want to see him anyway--would more of them come to see him if he held the title?

You'd have a bit of a weak midcard without him.

However, you do have two ready-made feuds in Angle and Undertweener if he was holding the title.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Does anyone else smile when they see how far Dupree has come?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'd argue that Cena is so over he doesn't need the title. Fans want to see him anyway--would more of them come to see him if he held the title?

However, you do have two ready-made feuds in Angle and Undertweener if he was holding the title.

Can't argue with anything there... except that you don't want him to get that "choker" label from the fans.

I doubt that--he can actually work a mic unlike Benoit, which is the main reason I believe Benoit's getting so little focus put on him now.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Maybe in your opinion, but the live crowds love them.

Can't argue with anything there... except that you don't want him to get that "choker" label from the fans.

I don't think he'd be considered a "choker" unless he had a number of high-profile PPV title shots and lost them all.

He's had, I believe, one, and that was last year.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I don't like Kenzo... but Reigns is the Batista of the future.

Yeah, the crowds love him, but I wouldn't hold up WWE crowds as bellwethers of quality entertainment.

Book & Cena really seem to mesh well in the ring. Book looks really motivated again, and the 2 are having some damn entertaining matches.

Only one hour guys...then the Raw Diva Search special. ;)

Hmm...*going to check to tickets to the Pittsburgh Raw*

Oh please...Hossenfeffer is coming to SD. Yeah, just what the show needed.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'm excited about the new character with Paul heyman. Heyman can get him over, and he has an instant feud with Undertaker.

I'm excited about the new character with Paul heyman. Heyman can get him over, and he has an instant feud with Undertaker.

Are the Dudleys still with Heyman?

I don't recall Heyman getting Morgan or Jones over...it's been a while, though.

John can sound INTENSE!~ in a video package--means nothing.