TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Nightmare on Elm Street: Real Nightmares on CBS

Want to spend quality time in a dark room with Freddie Krueger? Then CBS' new reality show is for you.

"Nightmare on Elm Street: Real Nightmares" will subject contestants to their worst nightmares in exchange for a cash prize.

Robert Englund (aka Freddy) will surprise contestants at their homes where he will interrogate them about their worst fears. The nightmares will be then be "re-created."

Englund will then bring his "victims" to a desolate location where they will complete challenges designed to help them face their fears.

There is no premiere date yet, but CBS has committed to six one-hour episodes.

CBS Guy #1 - "You know what would make a really good reality show?"

CBS Guy #2 - "What?"

CBS Guy #1 - "A reality show where you face your worst fears."

CBS Guy #2 - "But thats already taken by NBC, you know..Fear Factor.."

CBS Guy #1 - "But, this one is hosted by Freddy of Nightmare on Elm Street..it will be terrifying!"

CBS Guy #2 - "I don't know..that Joe Rogan can be pretty creepy at times himself."

This show will absolutely not work on CBS. It probably wouldn't even work on the Sci Fi Channel, but at least it would have a chance on Sci Fi.

*shakes head in disgust*

Guest SP-1

I'd like to see some of the more ludicrous things people submit to the show.

For instance:

"I'm afraid of being set on fire by a Japanese midget in a bondage outfit."

Guest wrestlingbs

They already have a show on Scifi like that, "Scare tactics." And it sucks.

You think only retards would make shows like "Temptation Island" or "Married by America", but then you see shows like this and "Amish in the City" and you wonder about who made THESE shows.

Guest Staravenger

Pros:

- Robert Englund is hilarious

- Uh...He kills them?

Cons:

- everything else.

Why not just do a Friday the 13th rip off. Have 6 or 7 people stay at a deserted camp and the one person who survives being caught by the "killer" wins?

Yeah my worse fear is not winning this contest. That'd be a good one.

Guest Evolution

Why doesn't CBS just bring back Fear? They're under the Viacom umbrella, aren't they?

It was a much better show and wasn't quite as manufactured as this likely will be.

Fear was that one MTV show right? I liked that show a lot. Fear Factor had nothing on that show.

Guest Staravenger

I can't argue....Joe Rogan IS creepy. I can't believe how he and that other schmuck completely made the Man Show suck after Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carola (sp?) made it entertaining, dare I say, very good.

Why not just do a Friday the 13th rip off. Have 6 or 7 people stay at a deserted camp and the one person who survives being caught by the "killer" wins?

FOX had a show similar to this concept, called "Murder in Small Town X." That was a very, very cool show, since whoever was voted "off the island," so to speak, had to go investigate one of two areas (voted on by the team, of course) that the killer might be hiding at. They had to look for clues (which were actually made fairly obvious), and if the killer found them, then the rest of the team had to go get the clues.

Quite a swell concept, IMO.

Guest wrestlingbs

FOX had a show similar to this concept, called "Murder in Small Town X." That was a very, very cool show, since whoever was voted "off the island," so to speak, had to go investigate one of two areas (voted on by the team, of course) that the killer might be hiding at. They had to look for clues (which were actually made fairly obvious), and if the killer found them, then the rest of the team had to go get the clues.

Quite a swell concept, IMO.

Yeah, that was a sweet show, although the way they had it set up there was no way to solve it until the second to last episode. Plus the guy who won died working as a firefighter on 9/11.

I'm in agreement with the folks that liked Fear on MTV, that show was pretty decent and I can see how people could get freaked in the situations they were put in...

Guest Big_Jay101

In this new show Robert isn't in Freddy makeup he is jsut himself. All he does is sit down and talk about your nightmare with you and then it is recreated with the person in it.You dont see them create it though.