TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Nintendo DS $180?

Unofficial

Nintendo is planning to roll out the DS handheld on November 4th priced at 19,000 Yen (140 Euro), followed by a US launch on November 11th at $179.95 (145 Euro).

The same sources indicate that the Japanese launch of the handheld will be accompanied by five to six software titles, with Nintendo aiming to have 11 titles on the market by the end of 2004.

You can't have three times of nothing...

Hey, they'll probably have Mario to launch it. They wouldn't be so dumb to launch a console without Mario...

*remembers the un-Mario-like Luigi's Mansion*

Well, usually they wouldn't.

Anyway, Mario, Sonic, and Metroid probably will be available.

Guest Staravenger

Luigi's mansion wasn't TOO bad, it just was very easy and limited. Oh well, at least I can afford the Nintendo DS, unlike the PSP which is going to be hella-expensive.

Guest ArchoanJB

actually most reports have the PSP at 200-250, is 20 dollars REALLY that much more?

Guest Staravenger
actually most reports have the PSP at 200-250, is 20 dollars REALLY that much more?

I thought it was $350-400, which WOULD be really out of my range. If it's only $200, then I was mislead.

Edit: People really should mention that was the CANADIAN price when I last read the thread. Color me surprised.

QUOTE (ArchoanJB @ Jul 23 2004, 01:16 AM)

I thought it was $350-400, which WOULD be really out of my range. If it's only $200, then I was mislead.

Edit: People really should mention that was the CANADIAN price when I last read the thread. Color me surprised.

If your referring to the thread I made about the PSP in the 400 dollar range, I'm just going off what it says in the computer where I work and I work in California so I'm not sure what Canadian price your referring to. The 400 bucks thing isn't a perminant thing, its just something I've read.

Guest Staravenger

Oh, I thought someone in the thread said it was the canadian price.

Alright, as of now, PSP is way out of my price range. I've never paid more than $200 for ANY System, and am not going to start now.

Oh, I thought someone in the thread said it was the canadian price.

Alright, as of now, PSP is way out of my price range. I've never paid more than $200 for ANY System, and am not going to start now.

Actually the PSP has now dropped to $350 from what I read off my works computer.

$20 isn't that much more. $70 is. That's the cute thing about price ranges: you gotta be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

PSP looks tight, I just hope it doesn't run Nintendo out of town. GBA gets a lot of crap for having a lot of damn good games. People seem down on Nintendo, from what I've seen anyway, and Sony could take advantage of that...which would be bad news for fans of the big N.

Hopefully, ideally, the two can coexist, because both the PSP and DS look great, IMHO. And the prices will fall, sure as the sun rises.