TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frisco

mystery man

It's noontime on a bright sunny day as the long black limo pulls up to an apartment complex. The driver seems momentarilly lost since theres no parking garage there. He pulls into a space in the parking lot. After a long while the door to the limo opens and lobo steps out wearing his normal fashion disaster cordoroy jacket and sweat pants and an odd looking chauffers hat. He walks to the back door and opens it as Frisco very slowely exits the vehicle.

Frisco is wearing thick black Ray Ban glasses and appears unsteady. His clothes are somewhat rumpled and he needs a shave. It actually appears he spent the night sleeping in the limo. His face has "Hang over" written all over it.

He tosses an empty Dunken Donuts large coffee cap to the pavement and heads to the complex. Lobo quietly returns to the car to wait for him.

Frisco slowely navigates the stairs and comes to a board with hundreds of buttons. Each button is a ringer for the individual apartments. Frisco squints his eyes and tries to finds Candaces name amongst the sea of unrelated buttons, he hits one that looks to be hers. A loud ring is heard that drills right into Frisco’s booze laiden brain.

“Hello” A mans voice replies.

“Go away” frisco mutters as he hits the next button.

“Hello” Candace replies.

“Ring me in” says Frisco

In about ten minutes Frisco is seen huffing and puffing as he exits the stair well at the 7th floor. As he leaves the stairwell he curses at the elevators which have been shut down for repair. He walks down the long corridor to Candaces room where she is wating by an open door. He doesn’t greet her, but walks into the room and drops on the couch.

“ Damn stairs!” Frisco curses as he puts his feet up on Candaces coffee table and removes his shades.

Candace goes to the fridge and takes out a glass of orange juice.

“Can I get you breakfast?” She asks

“no, I don’t do breakfast” Frisco replies as he accepts the orange juice. He takes a quick swig and a sour expression covers his face “Whats in that?”

“Orange juice”

Frisco swallows hard and puts the drink on the table.

“I did some research on your match” He begins. “But I can’t find out a damn thing. Your facing some mystery man but I haven’t got a clue who the hell it is”

“It no matter”Candace replies. “I no change my style no matter who it is”

Frisco shakes his head in disgust.

“Of course it matters. Are you telling me you’d fight a 400 pound guy the same way you’d fight a 130 pound woman? It makes a big difference. Maybe your taking on Janus. Would you train for him the same way you’d train for Jet? It freaking matters!”

Candace shrugs off Friscos concerns.

“I don’t know who is is and I won’t know until the match. No matter who they send to fight me no matter. I be ready for anyone. I no let you down again”

Frisco cringes at Candaces broken English

“Yeah ok”he sighs.

Candace looks away and turns her attention to the TV which is playing a DVD of the anime series “Najica-blitz tactics”

Frisco notices the show.

“What is this stuff”

Candace smiles for a moment

“It’s “Najica.”

Frisco appears indifferent

“I don’t watch cartoons”

Frisco gets up from the coach and heads to the door

“Lets go, we have a full day ahead of us”

Candace appears surprised.

“ We need to hit the gym. It’s time to train” Frisco yells.

“It’s noon time. I already back from the gym. I ‘ve been training since 5 AM”

Frisco glances at his watch and rubs his eyes.

“Rough night last night.” He says as he puts his shades back on. “I’ll come buy again tonight about 7, we’ll all go out and hit the town. Get something to eat”

Candace smiles as Frisco walks away.

Content-wise, both this and your last promo have been very good. Just proof-read them a few times in the future, clean up the punctuation and what-not, and you'll be rollin' steady. People'll pay more attention the clearer they look.

I'm still not comfortable with the main focus being on Frisco rather than Candace. All the promos have basically been saying that Candace would be nothing (or very little, at least) without her manager. That worked for Rob Gilbert because he was a spoilt rich brat who relied on his manager/trainer for interference, but I don't feel it works for a character who's meant to be as skilled/vicious in the ring as Candace.