TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

Here's your blockbuster trade

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

uh, more playing time for Walker is generally not a good way to avoid errors.

when's today's game start and what channel? I can't think of any fan who doesn't root for Maddux, myself included.

Plus, he'd become such a cancer to the team, it's addition via subtraction, so to speak. The person that Nose-mar had become, even before the ARod debacle, was summed up perfectly in an article in this morning's Globe:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds..._for_him_to_go/

*clicks*

In short, it was time for him to go

By Dan Shaughnessy, Globe Columnist  |  August 1, 2004

Oh... Shaughnessy? Could you plunge the knife any deeper you asshole? Shank Shaughnessy is the biggest reason that Boston media is seen as muckraking, confrontational, etc etc. I take anything he writes with a grain of salt. Remember back in 2000 when he chided Carl Everett to the point that he had to be restrained by teammates? Yeah, I know it's Wacko Carl, but still. Or how about in 01 when he described Jose Offerman as a 'piece of junk'? Sure it's one thing for some dork like me on a message board to call him Jose Awfulman LOL2001, but it's a little unprofessional for a journalist to use those words. Shank, Steve Buckley from the Herald... just a bunch of hacks.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I think the Sox real problem is they made all these trades and McCarty and Kapler are still playing.

Still, none of this is going to matter.

Neither team is going to the postseason. The Cards and The Yankees are the two best teams in baseball and they will be until October. It will take two postseason flukes for any other team to even end up in the world series.

Huh? The Cubs are only 8-11 against the Cards, and that's without their starting pitching, Sosa, A-Ram, bench players, bullpen being healthy in all those games. Adding Nomar puts them over the top, and he's been a Card-killer in his games against them.

They will have even more of an advantage with a 3 or 4 man rotation in the playoffs.

Still, none of this is going to matter.

Neither team is going to the postseason. The Cards and The Yankees are the two best teams in baseball and they will be until October. It will take two postseason flukes for any other team to even end up in the world series.

Huh? The Cubs are only 8-11 against the Cards, and that's without their starting pitching, Sosa, A-Ram, bench players, bullpen being healthy in all those games. Adding Nomar puts them over the top, and he's been a Card-killer in his games against them.

They will have even more of an advantage with a 3 or 4 man rotation in the playoffs.

The problem is I don't think the Cubs and Cards meet anymore this season. The Cubs are just after the wildcard. They know they can win in the post-season with the rotation they have.

When you have an option of either having Clement or Zambrano in the bullpen in the playoffs, you are in outstanding shape.

The Cards have the central, the Cubs are just hunting for the Wild Card.

The Yankees signed John Olerud today. I felt like pointing this out.....

Olerud: 245/354/360. 5 HR, 22 RBI, 40 BB, 3 Gold Gloves.

Mientkiewicz: 253/344/367. 5 HR, 25 RBI, 38 BB, 1 Gold Glove.

Similar seasons. The difference? The Sox traded Nomar for Mientkiewicz, and Olerud was dumped by the worst team in the league, and available for next to nothing.

The Yankees signed John Olerud today. I felt like pointing this out.....

Olerud: 245/354/360. 5 HR, 22 RBI, 40 BB, 3 Gold Gloves.

Mientkiewicz: 253/344/367. 5 HR, 25 RBI, 38 BB, 1 Gold Glove.

Similar seasons. The difference? The Sox traded Nomar for Mientkiewicz, and Olerud was dumped by the worst team in the league, and available for next to nothing.

John Olerud was available?

Awesome, now I'll get to see him standing at first with his helmet on in the playoffs.

And for fun, since we're on a roll......

Cabrera: 243/294/338. 5 HR, 32 RBI, 28 BB.

Rich Aurilia: 246/308/345. 4 HR, 32 RBI, 24 BB.

Cabrera cost the Sox Nomar, Aurilia costs the Padres some scrub from A ball.