TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donners

Assorted TNA news

Guest Dynamite Kido
- There is talk of TNA co-promoting shows in Los Angeles and San Diego with AAA

Jesus Christ....what the fuck is the obsession of TNA with AAA? I guess they don't realize that AAA brings very little to this working relationship. Fuck AAA, get rid of them.....they bring NOTHING of value to the table.

Considering the most successful Indy shows this year have been Lucha shows and LA and San Diego especially has a heavy Spanish population who are really into the Lucha product (not far from Tijuana,a hotbed for it), there's a *big* reason for TNA to want to get in with AAA. Do you realize that AAA's TripleMania (version of WM) drew like 12K, which is approx 12X more than TNA has ever drawn (and that's with all the freebies). They're trying to tap into a market and being with an established product will only help them.

-Paul Jacobi-

Paul......I was fully aware of that. What does that do for TNA? TNA has ZERO lucha. Don't call the X-Division lucha either because it's not. Plus, even though Lucha shows were the biggest draws of the year in that area.....TNA doesn't connect with that market with or without AAA. Considering that TNA felt burnt but AAA several times since their relationship started and TNA has done nothing but give to AAA then basically it's a deal where AAA makes out and TNA gets nothing of value in return. Also, I said this before and this is MY point......AAA doesn't even allow for their best talent to come over. So basically....what is TNA getting out of the deal that is sooooo wonderful?

Basically, by co-protiong shows in that area of the country, it will familiarize TNA with a new audience and hopefully make them some money by being part of shows that will draw a much larger gate than they're used to (which is practically nothing since over half the PPV seats are comps and the Orlando tapings are free).

AAA will send their best talent into a house show atmosphere in a heavily hispanic area, and TNA will want to cash in on it. That's why they want to do it, to make some money (something TNA hasn't ever done).

-Paul Jacobi-

But you forget a major thing. AAA has screwed them before and they will do it again. You know why? Because they can. They drew those numbers you quoted before, without TNA involved. So basically if TNA isn't doing any of the drawing there is no need for AAA to have them. That is why Jarrett wasn't brought into Triplemania(at least according to Meltzer), and then they cannot trust each other completely. Plus, it's hard enough to have a working relationship in wrestling, especially without a trust factor. Also, if you look at it TNA has all the resources they need. They have financial backing, national TV, and a weekly PPV program. If they aren't drawing with that.......they won't draw with the help of AAA's promotion. I also understand that TNA is trying everything they can to draw money........except their booking is horribly opposite to making money. They haven't had a drawing feud yet, and if you want to count JJ/Raven "Destiny" angle.......it didn't do big numbers......it simply did better than their other stuff.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I don't know the out-and-in's of the agreement with AAA, but it does seem to be bad for TNA. However, one thing I've loved about TNA from the beginning, is the international flair. I would like to see them up that portion of their show somehow, even if AAA isn't the answer.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I don't know the out-and-in's of the agreement with AAA, but it does seem to be bad for TNA. However, one thing I've loved about TNA from the beginning, is the international flair. I would like to see them up that portion of their show somehow, even if AAA isn't the answer.

I agree with the international flair deal as dealing with an outside company should help the image that your company is "worldwide". Also, I think they would benefit if they had a working relationship with another foreign company....weather it be in Japan or Mexico.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
Fuck AAA, get rid of them.....they bring NOTHING of value to the table.

Midgets? ;)

We can only hope Mantell took a good enough bump to knock some sense in to his head. :D

Guest whitemilesdavis

Instead of their own shows in Cali., etc., they should just put TNA wrestlers on the shows, representing TNA. That way, the workers get a pay-day, TNA gets exposure, you get the whole international deal, and TNA doesn't have to spend money producing the shows. they could probably do the same type thing with AJPW, and send guys to JApan.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Instead of their own shows in Cali., etc., they should just put TNA wrestlers on the shows, representing TNA. That way, the workers get a pay-day, TNA gets exposure, you get the whole international deal, and TNA doesn't have to spend money producing the shows. they could probably do the same type thing with AJPW, and send guys to JApan.

But there is a slight problem with this. First off AAA would have to pay the TNA guys to come in and wrestle. Well, if AAA is drawing without having to pay them then why would they bring them in if they don't need them? TNA wouldn't help them draw, just like AAA gives nothing of value in return to the company that basically gave them a showcase for their guys on PPV and a major US sports channel(FSN). That is more than I can say for what AAA has done for TNA.