TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Fox and the Hound 2

Back on the topic:

We've seen all the Disney sequels they've been making nowadays...but how many of them have actually, you know, done well?

I think the first one that they did was "The Rescuers Down Under"...then came the two Aladdin sequels...

Back on the topic:

We've seen all the Disney sequels they've been making nowadays...but how many of them have actually, you know, done well?

I think the first one that they did was "The Rescuers Down Under"...then came the two Aladdin sequels...

'The Return of Jafar' was great. It was good to see a villain, sort-of, get revenge. I was going to say 'The King of Thieves', the third one, was horrible, but it actually had a lot of pluses. The main one being Robin Williams return as the genie [why wasn't he in the second one, anyway?].

From the Internet Movie Database Trivia section for Aladdin:

"Robin Williams provided the voice for the Genie, at union scale rate (the lowest legal pay rate a studio can give an actor), on the provisos that his voice was not used for merchandising (i.e. toys and such) and that the Genie character not take up more than 25% of the space of a poster, ad, billboard, or trailer. When these wishes were not granted, he withdrew his support for Disney and the film. As a result, his name was not included in "The Art of Aladdin" book (it makes constant references to "the voice of the Genie"), and he was not available for the direct-to-video sequel Return of Jafar, The (1994) (V) or the "Aladdin" (1993/I) TV show (Dan Castellaneta, the voice of Homer on "Simpsons, The" (1989), filled in as the voice of the Genie for these productions). The situation was rectified when Walt Disney Co. CEO Michael Eisner apologized to Williams with a peace offering of an original Picasso painting. Hence Robin was back as the Genie for the second DTV sequel (_Aladdin and the King of Theives (1996)_ )."

So there you go.