TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM Game Chatter Thread

Guest Staravenger

Well that certainly was a stupid call. Shouldn't there have been a warning first? (I've been in and out of the first inning so I'm not sure if he actually did it any other times)

Guest Staravenger

Matsui is whipping Blue Jay ass single handedly...6 RBI's, and it's STILL the third inning.

Well, we've got some more god damn Devil Jay games coming up.

Aren't they now trying to be call the rather generic "Rays" and "Jays"? Or did they decide to drop that whole idea?

You can call me Ray. Or you can call me Jay. Or you can call me Ray-Jay

stupid commercial

Guest Staravenger
Well, we've got some more god damn Devil Jay games coming up.

Aren't they now trying to be call the rather generic "Rays" and "Jays"? Or did they decide to drop that whole idea?

You can call me Ray. Or you can call me Jay. Or you can call me Ray-Jay

stupid commercial

That was funny for about three seconds.

Anyone want to make a wager on whether the Blue Jays resort to a position player on the mound? I'd give it a 30% chance.

A hilarious shot at the Yankees resorting to putting WADE BOGGS in to pitch for an inning during a game in 1997 where they just got killed.

Al's looking like a baseball genius, as he advised me earlier this week to pick up Matsui. Since then, he's belted four homers and driven in more than 10 runs. Good stuff.

And I think some of these umps are taking the hit batters thing too seriously. These are pros, but there are times when a pitcher unintentionally hits a batter. Thanks to the Red Sox/Yanks series, it looks like almost every hit batter is going to result in a warning or ejection.

Guest Anglesault
Terrible call from the Yankees/Blue Jays game, as Sean Douglass was tossed from the game for hitting a batter in the second inning. Even the Yankees announcers are calling bullshit.

Absolutely awful call. Even the crew chief knew it.

A hilarious shot at the Yankees resorting to putting WADE BOGGS in to pitch for an inning during a game in 1997 where they just got killed.

Boggs also had to pitch for the Rays. Possibly because he had EXPERIENCE~!

Guest Staravenger

That's just sad on so many levels...and the funny thing is Boggs actually got the outs for the Yankees....and STRUCK SOMEONE OUT! How sad is it to strike out with WADE F'N BOGGS pitching to you?!

Torre better let Vazquez finish the game. He's through eight and only at 92 pitches. The way he's been throwing tonight and the way the Jays have been swinging, I don't see why he shouldn't at least let him go out there to start the ninth.

Guest Staravenger
Torre better let Vazquez finish the game. He's through eight and only at 92 pitches. The way he's been throwing tonight and the way the Jays have been swinging, I don't see why he shouldn't at least let him go out there to start the ninth.

Nope...C.J. Nitkowski is in for the inning.

Guest Anglesault

Murcer and Kaat rambling about how Billy Martin treated kids in the clubhouse. They're either clearly clueless or just flat out lying, because Junior Griffey, an honest man who would have no reason to change the villain of his sob story from a dead guy to a live one, said it was George Steinbrenner.

Guest Staravenger

I only have one thing to say about this guy...he doesn't suck as bad as Heredia does. I'm glad is stuck in single A, he really needs to work on everything.\

Edit: I might take that back....2 men on already and a hit batter.

Eh, I only wanted them to stick with Vazquez for fantasy baseball purposes, but I still don't see why they took him out. He was still quite a few pitches off from 100 and I think he could've shut the Jays down quicker than Nitkowski did. I understand that they wanna give the kid some work while the game's basically finished, but I would've stuck with Javier.

And Kaz Matsui's diffensive shortcomings have cost the Mets their 2-0 lead. It was pretty funny listening to Keith Hernandez sound so disgusted by the play where he should've gotten a force out, but because he sucks, Edmonds was able to beat the throw.

Is it just me or do the Cards start a comeback as soon as the other team finally breaks out on top?

Guest Anglesault
I understand that they wanna give the kid some work while the game's basically finished, but I would've stuck with Javier.

Really, that's the only reason. We have a safe lead and we have a new toy to play with, and the only time you would put him in to experiment is a game like this.

Guest Anglesault
Is it just me or do the Cards start a comeback as soon as the other team finally breaks out on top?

When else would you stage a come back?

I mean they immediately do it. Some teams take a couple of innings to start the comeback, but the Cards do it the same inning. It was a pitching dual until the Mets scored two in the 6th. The Cards, who had looked anemic all night, start the 6th out with a lead-off double and wound up tying it.

They've since gone ahead, thanks to an error by Matsui that allowed Matt freaking Morris to go to second. The Mets announcers are all over him.

I think Tom Glavine is going to be on suicide watch. Another error by Matsui and Glavine is on his way to 8-10 with a sub 3.00 ERA. Terrible loss for the Mets.

Guest Anglesault
I think Tom Glavine is going to be on suicide watch. Another error by Matsui and Glavine is on his way to 8-10 with a sub 3.00 ERA. Terrible loss for the Mets.

I feel bad for Glavine.

Oh, and Bruiser, I think Javy said he could have come out, but they decided against it because of the lead. I'm not really sure though, because I can't understand a god damn thing he says. His accent is almost non existant, but he's a fucking mumbler like you wouldn't believe.

Did anyone hear about how Alou and Sosa tried to get Cubs announcers Chip Caray and Steve Stone banned from the team's flights? It's been all over the Chicago media recently and apparently, the reason behind it is because the two feel the announcing duo's too tough on the team.

Personally, I think that's an absolute load of shit, as Stone and Caray are probably one of the most supportive announcing duos for any team in baseball. Like them or not, I think most people would have to agree that even when the team's playing like shit, they're not down on them.

But I guess that's what happens when your best days are behind you, you're slumping and you don't want to take the blame. You find stupid ways to take out your anger.

On a related note, Nomar doubled with one out in the first and Alou and Sosa proceeded to strike out.

Billy Koch 2.0 blows another save for the A's tonight giving up a homerun to Shannon Stewart in the 9th to send the game to extra innings. Wow has Dotel been a dissapointment. Still better than Rhodes but that isn't saying much.

Bullpen is going out of it's way this year to cost the A's the division.

By the way; Adam Everett got hit on the hand earlier tonight and he'll be out probably until the last week or two of the season. Surgery is being considered, too. He wasn't much offensively, but that's a big defensive blow to the Stros.

Tom Glavine looks like he is going to snap in the dugout. For his sanity, the Mets might think about moving him in the offseason, it just doesn't seem like he can win here. The Mets score 30 runs in 3 games in Milwaukee and then absolutely nothing for Glavine. That has happened all season. I feel bad for him and I don't know how much longer he can take before before he throws up his hands and says "I quit" with this team. They always play the worst when he pitches.

Guest Anglesault
How far is Tom from 300?

Glavine is 259-166 in his career.

Aw, he's fucked.

Roy Oswalt throws a complete game shutout, throwing 133 pitches. People called for the head of Dusty Baker, what about Garner? They had a four-run lead over the Expos. No reason at all he needed to go the distance.

In Garner's defense, the Astros' bullpen was probably completely shot after working 8 full innings in last night's loss. With Pettitte supposedly going to give it a go tomorrow and thus the potential for another short outing from the starter, they needed all the rest they could get tonight.