TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM Game Chatter Thread

Guest Anglesault

Oil Can Boyd is on my TV and wants to make a comeback.

There is a hell.

Guest Ahhee
Did anyone hear about how Alou and Sosa tried to get Cubs announcers Chip Caray and Steve Stone banned from the team's flights? It's been all over the Chicago media recently and apparently, the reason behind it is because the two feel the announcing duo's too tough on the team

Alou and Sosa should grab a few tapes of when Harry called the games. They'd quickly realize how much Chip and Stoney support the team.

Yeah, that's what most people are saying. I don't think they're critical at all. It just comes off bad for the team, since those two are the team's leaders more or less and here they are being babies over something stupid like this. When two guys are slumping like they have been, there's nothing they should be doing other than being quiet and finding a way to break out of it.

Guest Anglesault
Yeah, that's what most people are saying. I don't think they're critical at all. It just comes off bad for the team, since those two are the team's leaders more or less and here they are being babies over something stupid like this. When two guys are slumping like they have been, there's nothing they should be doing other than being quiet and finding a way to break out of it.

Perhaps you shouldn't tell Sammy to "find a way to break out of a slump"

Embarassing things happen when he does that.

By the way, he's 16 for 67 in the clean-up spot this season. Yep, that Baker's a genius, all right. I didn't expect much to get done against Schmidt, but they've stranded seven guys in scoring position tonight. Doesn't help that Lee has obtained the golden sombraro tonight, either.

Guest Anglesault

Okay, what in the fuck happened in the ray's/M's game? I've never seen a call like that in my life.

Guest Anglesault

Okay, I just finished Moneyball, and for the last day or so, I've been killing myself trying to figure out when the hell Scott Hatteberg was on the same team with Wade Boggs, like he rambled about in the Hatteberg chapter. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I have no cle what it is.

Did anyone hear about how Alou and Sosa tried to get Cubs announcers Chip Caray and Steve Stone banned from the team's flights? It's been all over the Chicago media recently and apparently, the reason behind it is because the two feel the announcing duo's too tough on the team

Alou and Sosa should grab a few tapes of when Harry called the games. They'd quickly realize how much Chip and Stoney support the team.

If Harry was alive he'd have to hitchike to the road games.

Okay, I just finished Moneyball, and for the last day or so, I've been killing myself trying to figure out when the hell Scott Hatteberg was on the same team with Wade Boggs, like he rambled about in the Hatteberg chapter. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I have no cle what it is.

The Red Sox drafted Hatteberg in 1991. Wade Boggs left at the end of 1992.

That's the only overlap I saw.

So fans cannot boo Sosa and announcers cannot be critical. Its funny because like someone else said, I didn't think Stone and Caray were being that bad.

Guest Anglesault
I hate that fucking baseball. I mean Jesus, three year olds have already grasped the concept of the fastball.

Have you been treates to the "Scooter's favorites" graphic yet?

The Red Sox drafted Hatteberg in 1991. Wade Boggs left at the end of 1992.

That's the only overlap I saw.

I'm guessing Hatteberg was invited to Spring Training in 1992, where he would have encountered Wade Boggs. The book doesn't refer to them actually playing or training together outside of spring training.

I hate that fucking baseball.  I mean Jesus, three year olds have already grasped the concept of the fastball.

Don't think I have, thankfully.

Guest Anglesault
I hate that fucking baseball.  I mean Jesus, three year olds have already grasped the concept of the fastball.

Don't think I have, thankfully.

You know what his favorite junkfood is?

Guest Staravenger

Giants lead early 1-0 in the top of the 3rd. I hope Maddux...wait, I already said it.

The Cubbie bullpen out to make it interesting:

Fransworth loads the bases then works his way out of it, headed to the top of the 9th with the Cubs leading 6-4.