TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Danny Williams to turn up on Raw?

I guess it would work for a show locally in Britain.

The only reason I clicked on the thread was because I didn't know who Danny Williams was and I was curious as to why some guy I hadn't heard of showing up on RAW was "news."

Guest Staravenger
Oh jeez, Williams OWNED Tyson. Big time.

What?

Tyson was killing the guy and then he hurt his knee.

Even after that, he still had some good shots in on Williams, but they got weaker and weaker until the knockout came.

The ONLY Round Williams won was the 4th Round. Round 1 was ALL Tyson. Round 2 was more even sided, but Tyson was still rocking Williams occasionally. Round 3 is the round I think where Williams lost 2 pts. (low blow and a cheap shot after the referee called for a break). Round 4 had no points for the obvious reason, but Williams definitely had it with an explosive last 90 seconds.

Guest MikeSC
Which assumption? The injured knee or the first round beating Tyson gave Williams? If the latter, the footage doesn't lie, as Tyson has Williams rocked quite a few times until his knee went out. If the former, Tyson had surgery a few days later, and was unable to walk without crutches.

The knee thing. He went on about how much BS that is.

-=Mike

Which assumption? The injured knee or the first round beating Tyson gave Williams? If the latter, the footage doesn't lie, as Tyson has Williams rocked quite a few times until his knee went out. If the former, Tyson had surgery a few days later, and was unable to walk without crutches.

-=Mike

It's not bs.

Did you even see the fight? You can tell where Mike Tyson got his injury. You can clearly see it on TV.

If you can't you must be stupid, blind or both.

Guest Staravenger

0:21 left in Round #1 if anyone needs an exact moment. I guess Tyson went to a fake doctor to have surgery, was in a fake wheel chair with a fake cast, and can't take the cast off for a fake 7-8 weeks.

Edit: My time is probably wrong, but I think that was about it.

And I was right: I was off by 9 seconds.

Guest Big_Jay101

I think he was hurt, but i'm not sure, we will see whether it was a fluke or not when the inevitable rematch comes.

Guest adam_bomb

-=Mike

It's not bs.

Did you even see the fight? You can tell where Mike Tyson got his injury. You can clearly see it on TV.

You must be blind, stupid, or worse, an average american. You guys really should learn how to take defeat properly

No, Tyson really did get injured. Williams may still have won, but the knee injury was the main factor in Tyson going down as early as he did.

And if you're gonna throw nationalistic insults around, take it to HD or CE.

Guest Staravenger
No, Tyson really did get injured. Williams may still have won, but the knee injury was the main factor in Tyson going down as early as he did.

And if you're gonna throw nationalistic insults around, take it to HD or CE.

I can bet everyone saying it's all fake and the knee injury was zero factor in the bout has probably never watched a single boxing fight in their life.

Forgive my ignorance, but what has Tyson's leg blowing out on him got to do with Danny Williams appearing on a U.K Raw which will no doubt be an Iraq style throwaway show anyway?

People are acting like they'll bring Danny Williams out and call him the 'new baddest man on the planet' or something. Face it...Williams knocked out Tyson. Williams appearing on Raw is, as far as Vince is concerned, instant publicity in Britain. Of course, it probably won't be. What any of that has to do with Tyson's leg is beyond me.

You must be blind, stupid, or worse, an average american. You guys really should learn how to take defeat properly

Go to hell, jerkoff.

I am not a Tyson fan or an American.

I am born from Jamaica, and now live in Montreal. And being Jamaican and Canadian, I'm a Lennox Lewis fan. So don't give me this shit. I'm just being unbiased.

Go to hell, jerkoff.

I am born from Jamaica, and now live in Montreal. And being Jamaican and Canadian, I'm a Lennox Lewis fan. So don't give me this shit. I'm just being unbiased.

I think he was talking to Americans and their attitude to defeat in general.

Go to hell, jerkoff.

I think he was talking to Americans and their attitude to defeat in general.

Uhhh he was talking to me directly as he quoted my post.

Don't try to make me look like an idiot.

Guest Metallica
I doubt many people at the Manchester show would even know who he was. Orton would probably end up being cheered with the fans asking themselves, "Is that Maven?".

Well Williams IS from London, England and has a pretty impressive record, and is a Heavyweight Champion in the UK, so I can safely assume the people of England know who Danny Williams is.

I disagree.

Fans of boxing might know him, yes, but for the people who don't watch boxing, the only British boxers they'd be familar with would be people like Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn, Lewis, Prince Naseem and Frank Bruno.

Kids at a WWE show wouldn't know Danny Williams, even if he is a champion. It's not like he's some UK mainstream hero because he beat Tyson and whatever fame he has right now would be gone by October anyway.

To the other poster, Raw in the UK won't be some throw away show like the Iraq show was. Why would you even think that? They'll be performing in front of one of the largest crowds of the year - fans who will actually be into the action and will have paid a lot of money to see them. I don't have any doubt they'll put on good shows for both nights.

I read a good article about this, but to be fair the guy has been on about Williams ever since he found he could claim to be 'the only writer who gave him a chance'. He cites remarks that the injury stopped Tyson throwing rights, which he claims is absurd because he wouldn't pivot on that leg to throw them, and he threw them anyway. Not that I'm a fan or anything, just thought I'd add to the off topic wrong folder stuff.

Guest fanofcoils

Nobody wants to see a guy who beat an incapable of defending himself Tyson.

Nobody wants to see a guy who beat an incapable of defending himself Tyson.

Maybe Desiree Washington, Sandra Miller, and those Mariott autograph hounds would. ;)

I doubt many people at the Manchester show would even know who he was. Orton would probably end up being cheered with the fans asking themselves, "Is that Maven?".

Well Williams IS from London, England and has a pretty impressive record, and is a Heavyweight Champion in the UK, so I can safely assume the people of England know who Danny Williams is.

I disagree.

Fans of boxing might know him, yes, but for the people who don't watch boxing, the only British boxers they'd be familar with would be people like Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn, Lewis, Prince Naseem and Frank Bruno.

Wouldn't Ricky Hatton be a better bet than Williams since he's actually from Manchester?

Williams is now saying that he doesn't want a rematch with Tyson, but instead wants to fight Vitali Klitschko. He has claimed that after beating Tyson, "Klitschko would be a pushover". :lol:

If Williams fights Klitschko he will be in for a rude awakening.

-=Mike

It's not bs.

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if Tyson had thrown in the towel after Round 1 (which he should've done). If he didn't absolutely have to have this win, there's no way he goes out for the second round.

Guest Staravenger
Williams is now saying that he doesn't want a rematch with Tyson, but instead wants to fight Vitali Klitschko. He has claimed that after beating Tyson, "Klitschko would be a pushover".  :lol:

If Williams fights Klitschko he will be in for a rude awakening.

....AHAHA! Klitschko is the WBC Heavyweight Champion (as of the recent The Ring magazine)...Mike Tyson is over the hill and was (somehow) ranked #8. Danny Williams isn't even ranked in the Top 30.

I wish his brains a healthy recovery, because I think he took one too many shots to the head by Tyson.