TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The 1994 MLB Playoffs

Being a pretty big Expos fan and living in Montreal at the time, that strike killed baseball dead in the city. At the time, the team was on fire and setting team attendance records. The entire city was behind the team, and with reason, because we honestly thought they had a chance to win it all because of the talent on that team. It's always depressing to think back to that time and what could have been. A new ballpark would most likely have been built with playoff success. And to boot, three World Series wins in a row by the two Canadian franchises.

Espn just did an outside the lines episode about the 94 expos and made many of the same points. They argues both sides of the issue One guy made a point that even if the expos won the ws in 94 they still might have had to cut salaries. Interesting piece. I wonder if espn will show it again for those who missed.

I just remember being wildy angry as The Yanks had finally got into a shape were they could comepte for the title(I was 11 at the time so my memories of the yanks were of mediocrity at best and I had really got into baseball during the 93 season by watching alot of games during the summer months ) and the strike sent them back somewhat (they made the wildcard in 95 and lost in the first round) I'm just glad they got it together again by 96 cuz if not, I may not have seen a yanks win in my lifetime for a while and the face of baseball may have been quite different right now.

no matter our fav teams I think we can all agree that the strike sucked big time.

And they still made Selig the full-time commish YIKES