TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO No Smackdown Thread for 8/13/04

Guest Dazed

So, uh, nobody made a SmackDown thread this week. Just a couple of days before the second biggest show of the year, and nobody cares enough to discuss it.

Are you not watching? Tired of the same olc? Or are you just reading the spoilers and discussing things then?

Well, I can't speak for the entire board obviously, but for me personally I haven't watched smackdown in a good 6 months, at least. the last time I recall purposely watching was the Smackdwon Rumble, the one that had Kurt/Eddie have a mini-match at the end.

I read the spoilers every week....the show just doesn't seem interesting to me. at all. *shrug*

Guest Dynamite Kido

No, I decided to play Madden instead of watching.....I just DVR'd it instead. I'll probably give it a look see this weekend before SS.

Because we all know

Madden > SD

I watched it, and even came to the board to see the SD thread...but it wasn't there. I would have started one, but I figured that if no one cared enough to watch it, not many would care enough to post in it, heh.

I thought it was an ok show.

"I read the spoilers every week....the show just doesn't seem interesting to me. at all. *shrug* "

Ditto. I was watching the Benoit DVD and playing War of the Monsters. :P

I struggle to even watch Raw anymore, and Smackdown is something I just can't remember. It is incredibly sad that nobody cared enough to make a OAO SD thread. Shitty shows will do that, though.

GreatWhiteNope, your sig rules.

Smackdown! as decent this week. The Angle/Eddie segment they had was something they should have done weeks ago, but it was good. The relay match was also suprisingly good, they should do it more often. Not too often though.

I thought Smackdown was Ok, but for a pre-PPV-hype show, it sucked. The Relay thing was kinda stupid since you knew it would come down to Booker/Cena.

I seriously doubt anyone cares about JBL/Orlando Jordan...

The Eddy/Angle stuff was good though. Angle getting all mad about all his stuff being auctioned off for Charity and wanting money back for it was funny.

What exactly is with all the SD! hate nowadays? At one point it was really, really horrible, but right now it probably better than RAW. The JBL/Taker program has sucked, but Angle/Eddie, the US Title picture, and the Spike heel turn have all been really good. RAW has the Diva search shit, a hastily built title match, and a feud based around a guy picking on a retard. Other than the IC title stuff, nothings really any better.

What exactly is with all the SD! hate nowadays? At one point it was really, really horrible, but right now it probably better than RAW. The JBL/Taker program has sucked, but Angle/Eddie, the US Title picture, and the Spike heel turn have all been really good. RAW has the Diva search shit, a hastily built title match, and a feud based around a guy picking on a retard. Other than the IC title stuff, nothings really any better.

I can't stand either of them equally. SD is literally 2 hours of filler with 15 minutes of Angle and that's all I care about. Spike Dudley as a HEEL? No. Thanks. I don't care...I still look at Spike as the guy who tried to punk out Stone Cold back in 2001 when he ripped up Austin's petition after Steve called Molly a bimbo, and Austin kicked his ass that night in the main event. I'm suppose to buy this guy as a heel?

Don't get me started on BRADSHAW being WORLD CHAMPION.

And the US title has no meaning to me.

RAW is just as bad, don't get me wrong. Divas, Eugene, Kane/Lita angle, staleness in matches and interviews...and I don't care about seeing Benoit lose to Orton even though Benoit's title reign (in my opinion) has been stale because of the fact it was about 4 years too late after I cared about him winning it.

Sure, it was a great moment and stuff at Wrestlemania 20 and then he went home a month later and had a great match at Backlash, but everything after that seems like he's just going through the motions. And yes, HE IS FOR REAL.

Oh well. Better than HHH with it.

Guest KJ Brackish

OMFG...... 9/13....... this seems like the same EXACT smackdown as 8/13. How ironic (/sarcastic).

I didn't watch it as I don't like smackdown, but read the thread and thought What the HELL.........

KJ

Guest GreatOne

Hey isn't September 13 the day that some lucky 13-year old dweeb could realize his dreams and be Trish or whoever's bodyguard in Seattle?

Smackdown in Spokane on the 14th (on sale tomorrow), my god two shows here in four months? When was the last time that happened, 91?

"I thought Smackdown was Ok, but for a pre-PPV-hype show, it sucked."

Pre PPV shows always suck, since they want to keep everyone healthy and focus on plugging the PPV. So I don't know about that.

For the record, I watched only half of Raw and didn't feel like it was worth it either.

Nothing on SD makes me care but Angle/Eddy, and they screwed up the revival of that angle already.

I actually watched part of Smackdown for the first time in awhile. I saw a Bradshaw promo which I thought was good, and I listened to Spike-London.

It seems to have improved from where it was, but I just can't exactly care about it. Bradshaw has a decent character, but, at his age, I can't see him being much more than he is. I am fairly apathetic towards the Undertaker. Eddy-Angle...been there...seen that. Cena and the gang appear stuck in the usual upper midcard limbo.

All in all, no real reason for me to care. I will credit them for using to find ways to use most of their roster. One thing I hate about Raw is that they have guys like Stevie Richards, Albert, Chuck, Val Venis, etc., off collecting dust. At least Smackdown is trying to find a way to get also-rans like Bradshaw, Spike Dudley, Billy Kidman, Paul London, and Orlando Jordan into the mix. That's certainly commendable.

Guest Dazed
OMFG...... 9/13....... this seems like the same EXACT smackdown as 8/13. How ironic (/sarcastic).

I didn't watch it as I don't like smackdown, but read the thread and thought What the HELL.........

KJ

Whenever I see you post, you annoy me. Go away.

Guest GreatOne

I don't know if I'm going but I might be able to squeeze it in, considering I'll still be without the UPN station (last week before I move)

I saw the Eddie/Angle segment, but that as because I caught it flipping channels. It was pretty decent.

Oh, and Deon's sig is awesome.

Guest Staravenger
[email protected]

Smackdown last night did a 2.6 rating, one of the lowest numbers in the history of the show.

Ouch.

Double Ouch. I was too busy watching El Duque make the Texas Rangers his bitch to bother watching Smackdown.

Edit: When the last thing you see on SD is ORLANDO JORDAN BEING IN MAIN EVENTS, it doesn't make you want to see the next week.

Edit: When the last thing you see on SD is ORLANDO JORDAN BEING IN MAIN EVENTS, it doesn't make you want to see the next week.

Uh... well, he wasn't in the main event... y'know.

Guest Leon

After garnering a 3.3 National rating last week, Smackdown scores one of its lowest ratings EVER!!!!

This week, Smackdown did a 2.6 National rating with no segment breaking the 3.0 barrier.

credit: PwInsider

What's responsible for these dramatic drops? WWE has some serious retooling to do.

Guest Staravenger

Uh... well, he wasn't in the main event... y'know.

JBL's new lacky, JBL is World Champion. Those 2 = Main Event scene. Maybe I phrased it wrong, but I meant he's now part of the main event scene.