TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO No Smackdown Thread for 8/13/04

When the main event storyline on the show is Bradshaw trying to make everyone believe he's really the champion, and they spend 30 minutes of the show on boring, stale-ass John Cena, they're not going to get a lot of people to watch. Period.

Their lower midcard may be better than Raw's, as Spike and the Dudleys against the cruisers is kind of interesting, but it's not enough to make people actually tune in to watch it. And no, an off and on Angle/Eddie segment isn't enough either.

I watched Smackdown this week, because I'm gonna be back at school in a week or two and I won't get UPN anymore, but after that endless "main event", I have to say, I was kind of sorry that I did.

Guest GreatOne

So 'RAW is BORE' cause HHH is supposedly always the headliner, and Smackdown sucks because they're not making Bradshaw--not exactly a smark fav either--the focus of the show.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight............................

Guest Evolution

I'm still wondering how many people actually make up that 2.6 rating. Because Nielsen ratings are not like box office numbers.

So 'RAW is BORE' cause HHH is supposedly always the headliner, and Smackdown sucks because they're not making Bradshaw--not exactly a smark fav either--the focus of the show.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight............................

They'll bitch about anything.

It's too bad that when SD is getting better, Raw is getting worse. Raw's been just horrible lately. Not that SD's been great but it's been much better than the supposed flagship show as of late.

I stopped watching Smackdown because it sucks.

1. JBL as champ does nothing for me.

2. Angle's act has become REALLY stale.

3. Cena should have held onto the US title. They should have stuck the belt on him for more than a year, make him a fighting champion. But of course they didn't do that.

4. Teddy Long as GM? Blah.

5. Taker's "new" character does nothing for me.

I could go on but Smackdown just sucks now. I used to read the spoilers every week and watch the show, but I don't even read the spoilers anymore.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I liked how the segment between Kurt and Eddie totally makes AS's claims of the feud being based only in comedy look a tad weak. They go into the hatred, and all the subtle things that made the story great. The "You can't beat me without cheating"/"So what?" interplay was great.

1. JBL as champ does nothing for me.

2. Angle's act has become REALLY stale.

Agreed.

3. Cena should have held onto the US title. They should have stuck the belt on him for more than a year, make him a fighting champion. But of course they didn't do that.

I thought Cena's reign was tremendous this year as to me he was booked as a fighting champion. The 4 Way at the GAB proved that.

4. Teddy Long as GM? Blah

I don't mind it, but its still weird seeing Teddy play it off as a face.

5. Taker's "new" character does nothing for me.

Beats not having the biker around.