TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Hell, it's not impossible for the Cardinals to get overtaken.

The Yankees would have to play something like sub-.400 ball while the Red Sox play over .500 for the rest of the year to overtake them completely.

Not gonna happen.

It's 5.5 games now. If the Red Sox were to play .600 ball, the Yankees would need to play .462 ball. Of course, if the Red Sox were to play .600, they would win 94 games. It'll take more than that to win the division. We do have two head-to-head series, and a sweep by the Sox could change the complexion of the race very quickly. So who knows? I would say the odds are 80% Yankees, 20% Sox.

And since NO team has ever erased a 14.5 game deficit, I'm going out on a limb and saying the Cardinals have this locked up.

Hell, it's not impossible for the Cardinals to get overtaken.

The Yankees would have to play something like sub-.400 ball while the Red Sox play over .500 for the rest of the year to overtake them completely.

Not gonna happen.

It's 5.5 games now. If the Red Sox were to play .600 ball, the Yankees would need to play .462 ball. Of course, if the Red Sox were to play .600, they would win 94 games. It'll take more than that to win the division. We do have two head-to-head series, and a sweep by the Sox could change the complexion of the race very quickly. So who knows? I would say the odds are 80% Yankees, 20% Sox.

And since NO team has ever erased a 14.5 game deficit, I'm going out on a limb and saying the Cardinals have this locked up.

alk- what was the Sox tally in good ol 78... you know the Bucky Bleeping Dent fiasco? I wiped the number out of my head, but am now curious- how far up were the Sox over the Yankees? :(

Guest Anglesault

14.5 as of what date?

Guest Anglesault

I don't see it happening, but if the injury bug were to hit the Cardinals right now, combined with a team wide slump on a Yankee scale (not unheard of) things could get interesting.